Grapisch card: Sapphire Radeon HD5450 SILENT,1GB

should i go with:

Openelec
xbmcbuntu
windows 7 or 8 with xbmc.

Thanx in advanced.
Openelec if just as a dedicated xbmc box, same as buntu
Window has its overheads, but useful if you intend to run other applications
I think only windows supports netflix, skype, etc... correct me if I'm wrong...I'd guess it depends on your usage scenario
Try openelec on a usb stick and see if it fits, you can always chop and change if its not to your liking
(2014-08-03, 16:59)k4sh1n Wrote: Openelec if just as a dedicated xbmc box, same as buntu
Window has its overheads, but useful if you intend to run other applications
I think only windows supports netflix, skype, etc... correct me if I'm wrong...I'd guess it depends on your usage scenario
Try openelec on a usb stick and see if it fits, you can always chop and change if its not to your liking

i understand.

the system must run movies, tv shows, and sometimes music.

i have tried openelec for a long time.

But i think that xbmcbuntu is more stable for the hardware in the HTPC.

when i run a blueray movie on openelec is stutters.

or is it the processor that needs a upgrade?

greetz
On my RaspPi I have tried RaspBMC and OpenELEC
On my Chromebox I have tried XBMCbuntu and OpenELEC

I am running OpenELEC permanently on both. It's just the lightest on resources and seems to run the smoothest.
(2014-08-03, 22:05)smitbret Wrote: On my RaspPi I have tried RaspBMC and OpenELEC
On my Chromebox I have tried XBMCbuntu and OpenELEC

I am running OpenELEC permanently on both. It's just the lightest on resources and seems to run the smoothest.

i understand.

but what about driver support for the hardware?
What hardware are you looking for driver support for? OpenElec has pretty good support for things like DVB tuners, Wifi, Bluetooth, Ethernet, Sound chipsets etc. (In fact OpenElec is often ahead of the Linux kernel when it comes to DVB tuners)
Your Sapphire Radeon HD5450 SILENT,1GB is more than enough for BD playback on openelec, look again at the audio settings/drivers, also openelec has great support for hardware.
Possible look at: bluray's threads

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wich version of xbmc?0