• 49(current)
Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
(2014-11-21, 12:48)qknet Wrote: Dear you guys,

I'm a complete newbie for Sopcast, but I have managed to follow installation of the addon (use the built-in Acestream not external). It says "all done" now.

My friend sent me a Sopcast link, sop://livesop.arenavision.in:3912/172998,

But really I don't know how to enter that because the "Play SopCast URL" doesn't allow to paste. I'm using Kodi Beta 3, android L.

It doesn't run yet so I don't know how it may turn out. Pls guide me.

Write the url in the text dialog....Rolleyes

(2014-11-21, 06:39)lpraderi Wrote: Hello, enen92 ... excellent addon !! Tested on Android and Win7/8 for several weeks,
now want to move it to my MAIN Linux HTPC running GeeXboX 3.1 on AMD x64 hardware.

Choosing Openelec x86 "Yes" on first run Sopcast runs fine, but Acestream don't
Manually running cmd:
Code:
# $HOME/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/acestreamengine --client-console --lib-path $HOME/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream
Error:
Code:
Cannot load libraries: path /root/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/lib
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<entry>", line 6, in <module>
ImportError: /root/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/lib/acestreamengine/Core.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_DecodeUTF8
Sys Info:
Code:
# cat /proc/version
Linux version 3.13.2 (geexbox@SolidRun-PC) (gcc version 4.8.3 (GCC) ) #1 SMP Thu  Jun 12 17:48:33 IDT 2014
# uname -a
Linux geexbox 3.13.2 #1 SMP Thu Jun 12 17:48:33 IDT 2014 i686 GNU/Linux
release
DISTRIB_ID=GeeXboX
DISTRIB_RELEASE=devel-20140612-r9098ab8
python
Python 2.7.1 (r271:86832, Jun 12 2014, 18:20:03)
[GCC 4.8.3] on linux3
sys.maxunicode = 65535
Maybe some specific distro problem, tried to run GeeXboX x64 version but have some problems with correct font display on XBMC.
Can you point me on what dependencies to check ?
Geexbox is pretty modular and uses OPKG, tested to build some my own using OPENBRICKS.
Will be glad to help on adapting/adding GeeXboX PC distro to your addon.

Sorry this used to be easy to "solve" for the "opensource" engine since I had the source code of the modules and python code was not compiled.
You need a python installation with UCS4 enabled (result of sys.maxunicode > 65535). Build and install python 2.7 with --enable-unicode=ucs4. That's a problem on your distro. Acestreamengine code can't be touched so you need to "fix it" on your system side.
(2014-11-21, 12:48)qknet Wrote: ... But really I don't know how to enter that because the "Play SopCast URL" doesn't allow to paste....

Did you try to just write it ?

(2014-11-21, 19:47)enen92 Wrote: Sorry this used to be easy to "solve" for the "opensource" engine since I had the source code of the modules and python code was not compiled.
You need a python installation with UCS4 enabled (result of sys.maxunicode > 65535). Build and install python 2.7 with --enable-unicode=ucs4. That's a problem on your distro. Acestreamengine code can't be touched so you need to "fix it" on your system side.

Thank you for the quick reply, will try to recompile python and let you know.
Typing the Url? I'm using an Android TV box, tying anything is a huge challenge. I will buy a keyboard for it, but there should be a place to copy and paste?
Copy-paste only works in OSX and Windows in xbmc and was in fact something that was introduced only in Gotham. Not a plugin's fault...
You can use your smartphone to control your media center. If using android I recommend you to use yatsee it has a builtin keyboard.
(2014-11-21, 02:49)owl282820 Wrote:
(2014-11-17, 16:42)owl282820 Wrote: Hi,
I've been trying to use your addon for the past few weeks and keep giving up through frustration. I hope you can help, because when it does work for me it's fantastic. I'm running XBMC Gotham 13.2 on a Win7 machine. Download speed usually in excess of 75Mbps. I have both upload and download settings at unlimited and have used the settings suggested in the wiki for connects etc.The relevant port is confirmed as forwarded on router.

Using Acestreams, when streams play they are brilliant quality with very rare buffering and upload & download rates are usually quite high. However, it's getting the streams to play in the first place that is the problem for me. The streams I'm trying to play using the addon work quickly and perfectly on Acestreams site, but most of the time cause XBMC to freeze. After clicking on the link in the addon the engine starts OK and pre-buffering bar fills up very quickly, but it then disappears and XBMC freezes and I have to use Ctrl, Alt & Del to stop it.

I'd be very grateful if you could have a look at the attached log file and crash log and tell me if there's anything I can do to fix this.

Log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=353518

Crash log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=353519

Many thanks in advance, and keep up the brilliant work. There are so many people who are very grateful.

OWL282820

(2014-11-17, 17:02)enen92 Wrote: Have you tried kodi instead of gotham 13.2? That would be possibly the first thing I would try.

(2014-11-17, 17:05)owl282820 Wrote:
(2014-11-17, 17:02)enen92 Wrote: Have you tried kodi instead of gotham 13.2? That would be possibly the first thing I would try.

I'll try it. Thanks for the suggestion. I've been holding back from moving to Kodi because so many people have said it was best to wait, and Gotham was more stable.

(2014-11-17, 17:33)enen92 Wrote: Instead of moving to kodi and possibly break your config i'd create a new windows user and install kodi only for that user. See if you still have those freezes. They're probably related to video acceleration and kodi has a few fixes for that

(2014-11-17, 23:48)owl282820 Wrote:
(2014-11-17, 21:56)enen92 Wrote: All those "listings" need to be fixed for Helix on my side, some functions of kodi are different (or behave on a different way). Added it to the to-do list.
How did it behave in respect to the freezes before playback in Kodi?

Streams are working fine now. No freezes. Looking forward to being able to add to favourites for easier access. Many thanks for your suggestions.

Update - Had to move back to Gotham. Too many addons that I use regularly were not working with Kodi. I take it that there's no possible fix or workaround for my original problem?

I'm still really keen to find a workaround or fix for Gotham. Do you think it's possible, or am I better giving up?
Many thanks for your time.
No workarounds for gotham if we are talking about fixes that will be introduced in helix. This is all related to xbmc itself...

Play with the acceleration options present in system -> settings -> video -> playback (advanced view) and check if it solves the problem. Check if DXVA is enabled and if so, try to disable it.

I don't use windows on a daily basis so I'm not the best one to give you tips on this.
i'm very grateful for your help. I'll try your suggestion.
Hi Guys

I bit of newbie and could do with some advice. I am using an android MX2 box with Gotham 13.2 and have tried to setup p2p but am having some issues, as I think I have the engine setup ok, but when I go into watch any Acestream link it just times out all the time. I used this plugin a month ago and it was spot on, have I missed some changes to the settings or something?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Hi all,

I firstly want to thank developers for the great work and support.

I have a doubt, perhaps an stupid one, but I've not been able to solve it and have not found an answer on the thread.

I use Ubuntu and when I found an acestream link and copy it (from web browser), then I enter XBMC and go to the plugin, but then I'm unable to paste the link I've previously copy, so I can't add the acestream link and have to copy it manually (what has nonsense).

How can I copy the link and be able to paste on XBMC, or even better, is there a way to select the acestream link on the web browser and make it open automatically XBMC and play it?

Regards
Read post #724, copy paste only works in kodi for OSX and Windows.
You can easily create a list of your fav torrents on your pc, host it on dropbox (or similar) and add it as a remote list on your htpc.
I've modified the playtoxbmc chrome extension a few time ago to beam acestream and sop links to xbmc but it doesn't make much sense. Those links are usually shared to be copied and pasted on aceplayer so...the cases in which you have an actual link are rare. Plus, all of those acestreams are normally from 1 or 2 websites and a simple parser can be made for them.
(2014-11-24, 16:44)enen92 Wrote: Read post #724, copy paste only works in kodi for OSX and Windows.
You can easily create a list of your fav torrents on your pc, host it on dropbox (or similar) and add it as a remote list on your htpc.
I've modified the playtoxbmc chrome extension a few time ago to beam acestream and sop links to xbmc but it doesn't make much sense. Those links are usually shared to be copied and pasted on aceplayer so...the cases in which you have an actual link are rare. Plus, all of those acestreams are normally from 1 or 2 websites and a simple parser can be made for them.

Many thanks for your answer, enen92,

I don't know how to create those lists you talk about, and I really use the PC that have ubuntu using TV as screen. I would like to know what is the easiest way to open with yout add-on a acestream link that I found in some web.

Regards and thanks again
(2014-11-22, 16:23)darren1963 Wrote: Hi Guys

I bit of newbie and could do with some advice. I am using an android MX2 box with Gotham 13.2 and have tried to setup p2p but am having some issues, as I think I have the engine setup ok, but when I go into watch any Acestream link it just times out all the time. I used this plugin a month ago and it was spot on, have I missed some changes to the settings or something?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

@ Enen92

Hi mate can you help me with this please, as I cannot get p2p to work.

Many thanks
Hello .
I have disabled the windows firewall, and p2pstreams still doesn´t work. It stays on the screen of "Awaiting response ... " . Also I´ve disabled the antivirus and doesn´t work . I have read the acestream.log file, and there are some mistakes.
How can I send you this file to see it ?
Thank you
upload it to pastebin
(2014-11-24, 18:22)Xander Log Wrote:
(2014-11-24, 16:44)enen92 Wrote: Read post #724, copy paste only works in kodi for OSX and Windows.

Many thanks for your answer, enen92,

I don't know how to create those lists you talk about, and I really use the PC that have ubuntu using TV as screen. I would like to know what is the easiest way to open with yout add-on a acestream link that I found in some web.

Regards and thanks again

Any help with this?

Regards
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi14