• 52(current)
Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
(2014-12-07, 15:27)enen92 Wrote: I'm aware of this bug. This happens because there is another module called python-utils and the addon will look for it instead of in the utils folder (where it was supposed to look).

This only affects 2 or 3 users and renaming the utils folder to something like p2putils + changing all the code references will break all the existent parsers that are external and that I don't maintain. So, because of this, I have always tried to delay the update. It will in fact break all the parsers and people will start to complain and talk about them here.

This bug is not something that changed between versions but due to another package or program you installed on your system which required python-utils (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-utils/1.6.1).

Oh well. Guess I'm one of the unlucky ones.
Was good while it lasted. Even though I haven't installed anything since I last successfully used the add on.
OK, I've found the conflict, it's the script.video.F4mProxy from Shani's F4M Tester video plugin.
I had to mannually delete it to make P2Pstream work.
@fondary, can you tell me exactly what and from where do you delete. I have the same problem and the addon used to work fine, it is just until recently that it stopped working.

UPDATE: Never mind, i found that renaming the utils foldfer inside script.video.F4mProxy solved my problem. Thanks for the hint. I was getting crazy Smile
(2014-12-07, 18:51)MrBogus Wrote: @fondary, can you tell me exactly what and from where do you delete. I have the same problem and the addon used to work fine, it is just until recently that it stopped working.

UPDATE: Never mind, i found that renaming the utils foldfer inside script.video.F4mProxy solved my problem. Thanks for the hint. I was getting crazy Smile

Does f4m still work?
Probably not a good ideia to break other plugins to make this one to work. The problem is in p2p-streams itself not on others...
there'll be an update at some point.
hi all
can someone please help
i have 3 gbox mx2
1 running linux p2p 1.17 acestreams wont work
2 running android ..gotham 13.2 same p2p version acestreams wont work
1 running same android version and p2p version and acestreams work perfect
android is version 4.2.2
thanks
(2014-12-07, 19:05)Guy Incognito Wrote:
(2014-12-07, 18:51)MrBogus Wrote: @fondary, can you tell me exactly what and from where do you delete. I have the same problem and the addon used to work fine, it is just until recently that it stopped working.

Does f4m still work?

Yep, it seems to work.
(2014-12-07, 15:27)enen92 Wrote: I'm aware of this bug. This happens because there is another module called python-utils and the addon will look for it instead of in the utils folder (where it was supposed to look).

This only affects 2 or 3 users and renaming the utils folder to something like p2putils + changing all the code references will break all the existent parsers that are external and that I don't maintain. So, because of this, I have always tried to delay the update. It will in fact break all the parsers and people will start to complain and talk about them here.

This bug is not something that changed between versions but due to another package or program you installed on your system which required python-utils (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-utils/1.6.1).

My P2P is no longer working. The app is not starting at all. I am one of the few because of what you describe here (but I can not fully aprehend) or is there another problem with the acestream/sopcast P2P?
Im considering getting an Amazon Fire TV box to replace my Raspberry Pi setup due to Acestreams no longer working for it.

Can anyone confirm that this addon works well with the Amazon Fire TV running Kodi?

Thanks
could anyone confirm ive managed to track a seperate program on my pc called livestreamer that uses utils.py but my issue is ive had that livestreamer installed for a long time around august but would a simple update of p2p-streams then start to conflict and stop working as its only started doing this these last few days
The next update should fix it.
Good to see the next update will fix this. I think this potable effects more people than originally thought.
v1.1.8 (10/12/2014)
-Updated android acestreamengine to version 3.0.3
-Added option to change port for the internal engine (8621,8622,8623 only) for android
-Added cache allocation option for android (memory vs disk)
-Fixed stop function in android
-Fixed auto-conf in android
-Renamed all utils entries to peertopeerutils to avoid script errors
-Parser sync & disclaimer bump
-Xbmc references 2 Kodi
-Several other bug fixes

A few notes
-This update for android is basically a new installation. All the older folders will be deleted, included any settings you might have made to the internal engine settings (external engine will be the same). This means you'll need to configure your acestreamengine settings again. Any parsers you might have installed will be re-imported even though you might have already synced them moments ago.

-Android is at the moment my primary system so I feel the need to give a bit of advice. It is not the best OS to run this plugin on (linux performs much better) but still works quite well for the budget.
From my personal experience, to get a good download rate and a stable performance you need to upload at high rates.
1) I use the internal engine only because I don't want a service to be consuming resources all the time (I want it to start only when watching an acestream). That being said, the internal engine or the external apk behave mostly the same.
2) One parameter that increases the upload rate a lot is to set the engine to store the cache on disk and not on RAM (you can do this in this version). I personally use an external usb stick for the cache folder and for xbmctorrent as well (ntfs or ext4 to increase performance).
3) I have the live cache set to 30s and the VOD cache set to 20s, no changes to the advancedsettings.xml.
4) If you run the addon in multiple systems you need to use different ports for all of them because you can't port forward the same port for multiple devices. Make sure you portforward the port you're using on your router and reboot it afterwards.

Cheers
brilliant.had me going nuts for a while
Android LP

Channel initialization failed for sopcast

Works fine in windows Confused

--edit--

Sorry, not your fault, tried sopcast client and it doesn't work with lollipop...sad
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi14