• 9(current)
WIP 3dLUT support
I've update the PR. If anybody here is building from master, please test https://github.com/laurimyllari/xbmc/tree/v17-3dlut

I'll try to do some more testing myself too and then ask FernetMenta for another review.
I'd like to test, but haven't got time this weekend. I'll have a go after the weekend. It would be sweet to get this included in Krypton!
I seem to have broken gles and windows builds, so more fixing will be needed.

edit: thanks to Millhouse, there's now a LibreELEC test build: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2355676
So did nobody test it yet?

I'm actually on Jarvis and can't switch because some Addons would be missing.... Wink

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk
@Imyllari
I try to open a .3dlt file generate with caiman but it didn't see any file on my usb key.
What are the 3dlut format supported, and extension ?
thanks
(2016-06-12, 23:11)InNursery Wrote: What are the 3dlut format supported, and extension ?
The madVR 3dlut format, with .3dlut extension. The reader is somewhat picky about which features it supports - I've only tested with dispcalGUI produced files.

If your file follows the same spec but doesn't work, send me a PM with a link to the file and I'll see if it can be supported.
I don't have the same extension, so I give you a link 3D LUT 20166121632.3dl
Perhaps I only have to rename it but I let you see and tell me.
(2016-06-13, 03:37)InNursery Wrote: I don't have the same extension, so I give you a link 3D LUT 20166121632.3dl
The format is quite different, but it wouldn't be hard to support. The resolution is only 16x16x16 though.

I'm guessing you'd get better results with DisplayCAL (formerly dispcalGUI).

I can look into adding support for this format after the PR is (hopefully) merged.
A little OT but: I think HCFR is a better choice since Displaycal is always in full RGB mode instead of video levels.
You should also calibrate your TVs 2point white balance first, so I don't think DisplayCal is the optimal choice. Anyways Calman is able to output *.3dlut files and fully compatible with MadTPG/MadVR so I'd look into this first...
(2016-06-13, 12:00)Soli Wrote: A little OT but: I think HCFR is a better choice since Displaycal is always in full RGB mode instead of video levels.
You should also calibrate your TVs 2point white balance first, so I don't think DisplayCal is the optimal choice. Anyways Calman is able to output *.3dlut files and fully compatible with MadTPG/MadVR so I'd look into this first...

DisplayCal Calculations are better than Calman and mabye also Lightspace.

HCFR doens´t handle 3dlut files, or did i miss something?

Btw. for Calibration with DisplayCal you have to set madTPG to 16-235 and you get the 3dlut for that colorspace. Wink
To each and their own. No point in arguing, just use what your comfortable with. Plus, for most non-professionals, the accuracy will be limited to the accuracy of your meter anyways.

Both use the underlying ArgyllCMS software, so it should support .3dlut files.
(2016-06-13, 12:44)Soli Wrote: Both use the underlying ArgyllCMS software, so it should support .3dlut files.

Nopes.... HCFR and DisplayCAL are two totally different tools even when they both use ArgyllCMS.... Wink
except that it goes without saying that they're different tools since they are different programs: If you are familiar with both programs then maybe you are right, but I don't see the option of using video levels when using generating a 3Dlut with DisplayCal. My understanding is that this enforces the GPU to scale fullrange levels to videolevels. Since Kodi 17 is able to display videolevels "as-is", this will be inaccurate.

Anyways you should use HCFR first to do a basic calibration.
I use Calman because it allows me to do both, and also specify videolevels when generating the 3DLut. But again, to each and their own.
(2016-06-13, 04:34)lmyllari Wrote:
(2016-06-13, 03:37)InNursery Wrote: I don't have the same extension, so I give you a link 3D LUT 20166121632.3dl
The format is quite different, but it wouldn't be hard to support. The resolution is only 16x16x16 though.

I'm guessing you'd get better results with DisplayCAL (formerly dispcalGUI).

I can look into adding support for this format after the PR is (hopefully) merged.

16x16x16 was only for a quick testing.
If you can add support for this format it will be great.
thanks
@Soli

I do also use Calman for Basic Calibration and i use it also for checking the .3dlut I´ve made with DisplayCAL.

Anyway there is no Problem with RGB Colorspace using Displaycal.

Set Colorspace to Rec. 709 and Whitepoint to D65 and as already said madTPG to 16-235 Levels. Wink
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3dLUT support3