• 5(current)
Xbox One controller Support
Xpadder 25% CPU usage here, so there's definitely a bug.
(2016-03-03, 03:01)Zpectre87 Wrote: Xpadder 25% CPU usage here, so there's definitely a bug.

Its a MS feature built in CPU benchmark - seriously tho thats thirsty!
The custom xlm didn't work for my Xbox One controller on Win 10. Both wireless and with a wired.

I have Kodi 16.0. I updated my Xbox one controller using these instructions. I put FawksYeah's custom v3_keymap_xml keymap in my \AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps folder and renamed it from txt to xlm.

What could I be doing wrong? Confused

The only thing working is the right joystick to control the volume, and both triggers to move (which should be D-pad functionality). I don't have any third party controller software running.
Saw reports that Win 10 cumulative update 9, patch KB 3140743 breaks XBox One controllers.

scott s.
every MS update breaks something unfortunately
Either the last update for Windows 10 from 2016-03-08 (KB3140768, OS Build 10586.164) or the update before that from 2016-03-01 (KB3140743, OS Build 10586.122) fixed all my issues. Not just with Kodi but also with all other games that were affected. It seems Windows 10 handles the Xbox One controller now identical to the Xbox 360 controller - like Windows 7/8 did all the time.
I can verify a similar change in behavior that's welcome. So far it is just acting like a regular 360. I've not tried it with any of the controller mapping programs yet (joy2key, controller companion, padstarr) but will report back when I get time. Very hopeful.
It works for me, but I have high cpu usage (50-60%) when the controller is active and kodi is focused. minimizing kodi or disabling gamepad input goes back to 6-9%...
Same here. Didn't notice it was also in Kodi.
It is actually maxing all cores at turbo boost speed if you look at HWmonitor instead of just windows
In Kodi or Xpadder/Eventghost and even autohotkey if you enable those softwares to monitor Xinput

Having CPU full throttle is annoying, So I'll just use my remote for Kodi until Microsoft fix their driver.
This is a good one. They never cease to amaze...
It's broken again! Same problem as before the March update.

As much as I feel like blaming Microsoft, though, this is not really their fault. The old drivers were better since the triggers worked independently, as opposed to the Xbox 360 controller.

The ball is on Team Kodi's court, now. Hope it's supported in Krypton. For now I'll just use Yatse to navigate Kodi.
I hate to say it but, well no I don't, after struggling with the Xbone controller a while, then switching to the Steam controller with at first excitement then disappointment, I've now switched back to the Xbox 360 controller. I just love that it is so well supported by everything, automatically works and I can spend my time enjoying content instead of struggling to make it work correctly. To top it off I got a brand new one for $20 on ebay, and sold the other controllers so now I have cash in my pocket too.

Anyway, I do hope the Kodi team gets the update working for other people. I still recommend they use my config file from December as a foundation/template. Good luck to you all.
And yes, Yatse for Android is currently the *ultimate* way to navigate and control Kodi! It's like an entire menu system in your hand, letting you pick content from the library and even addons without affecting the TV until you choose an item. Definitely worth looking into for any Android users. iOS users have a few choices in the app store as well, though I haven't looked lately.
No longer working with my Win10 setup using 16.1 rc2
Anyone found a way to get the controller working again? Xbox app and RetroArch seem to be working fine.
Same here, Windows 10 x64 Pro and Kodi 16.0. It seems like something within KB3147458 caused it, it stopped working overnight after Windows Update did its thing.

Edit : Adding the .xml from https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/3...di/cxpwo8c and removing all the Joystick profiles from the Kodi install folder did the trick. Good enough for now! I also updated my controller's firmware which might have helped.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One controller Support1