• 36(current)
Win Windows on Asus/HP/Acer/Dell Chromebox
After installing a vanilla version of Windows 10, I'm missing the following driver:

Name:
PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller

Hardware ID:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C24&SUBSYS_C0001AE0&REV_04

Does anyone know where I could get the driver? I already installed the intel chipset driver (Chipset_Win7_8_8.1_10_10.1.1.8)
Install the Intel Management Engine Interface driver
@ Matt,

Thanks for the help with the fan, system is running great, temp a very reasonable ~50 C under load.

------------------

This question may be a bit off topic here: Has anyone tried running WMC on their chromebox? Mine is running Windows 8.1 Pro. I'm trying to use it with my HDhomerun prime, and want one interface that can play copy once channels (HBO)(Wife friendly). When I launch WMC (either from the desktop or from Kodi), I'm getting white boxes where a lot of the buttons should be (see attached pic).

Anyone else seen this? The white boxes still contain buttons, its just a little difficult to near impossible to navigate around without knowing what to click, where and when. If this is too far off the deep end, I'll repost on a Windows forum of some variety.

Edit: I should have also specified that this is the only "Windows" device where I see this behavior, hence posting it here rather than the Windows area.
Current: Nvidia Shield TV (2nd Gen)
Retired: Asus M004u Chromebox - LibreELEC 7.0.1 | Raspberry Pi 2 - OpenELEC 6.0.3 | Apple TV w/ BCM70015 - CrystalBuntu 2.0 | Raspberry Pi - Model B - OpenElec Kodi 15
(2015-08-23, 20:12)xi_Slick_ix Wrote: This question may be a bit off topic here: Has anyone tried running WMC on their chromebox? Mine is running Windows 8.1 Pro. I'm trying to use it with my HDhomerun prime, and want one interface that can play copy once channels (HBO)(Wife friendly). When I launch WMC (either from the desktop or from Kodi), I'm getting white boxes where a lot of the buttons should be (see attached pic).

Anyone else seen this? The white boxes still contain buttons, its just a little difficult to near impossible to navigate around without knowing what to click, where and when. If this is too far off the deep end, I'll repost on a Windows forum of some variety.

Edit: I should have also specified that this is the only "Windows" device where I see this behavior, hence posting it here rather than the Windows area.

are you using the older HDMI-audio enabled drivers? could be an issue with those, perhaps try updating temporarily to latest and see if problem persists
First of all, big thanks to Matt for all of the work he has done with this hardware. I now have Coreboot firmware and Kodibuntu booting from the SSD. (I'm having some issues with PVR/LiveTV, but that is Kodi and Lubuntu related, so I will ask that elsewhere.)

Thanks to this thread, I have a 64GB Sandisk Cruzer Glide loaded with Windows 10 Education Edition that boots up relatively quickly. I had it running great, with HDMI audio and analog audio (I need both, depending on which room I have it in). But when I rebooted yesterday, the HDMI audio is not working anymore. The red x on the speaker is present, and when you click on it, it goes into the audio troubleshooter, but can't solve the issue. I tried manually updating the driver, but it says it is up to date.

Also, I can't get Speedfan to run at startup. I have tried using Task Scheduler and copying the shortcut into the Startup folder to no avail with either.

Anyone else run into this? Any thoughts?

Thanks.
(2015-08-25, 18:12)Timewalker Wrote: First of all, big thanks to Matt for all of the work he has done with this hardware. I now have Coreboot firmware and Kodibuntu booting from the SSD. (I'm having some issues with PVR/LiveTV, but that is Kodi and Lubuntu related, so I will ask that elsewhere.)

Thanks to this thread, I have a 64GB Sandisk Cruzer Glide loaded with Windows 10 Education Edition that boots up relatively quickly. I had it running great, with HDMI audio and analog audio (I need both, depending on which room I have it in). But when I rebooted yesterday, the HDMI audio is not working anymore. The red x on the speaker is present, and when you click on it, it goes into the audio troubleshooter, but can't solve the issue. I tried manually updating the driver, but it says it is up to date.

Also, I can't get Speedfan to run at startup. I have tried using Task Scheduler and copying the shortcut into the Startup folder to no avail with either.

Anyone else run into this? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

if Windows automatically updated the driver (as part of Windows update), then you may need to manually reinstall the older one and tell windows not to update it. Google should help there.

Speedfan needs to run as admin, so be sure the scheduled task has it running that way, and not as the logged-in user
Youtube 1080p content on chrome is choppy these days.. anyone have any tips or tweaks for chrome?
(2015-08-31, 03:25)endiz_ Wrote: Youtube 1080p content on chrome is choppy these days.. anyone have any tips or tweaks for chrome?

Use a chrome addon that forces youtube to use flash instead of HTML5? Only thing I can think to do
(2015-08-25, 19:34)Matt Devo Wrote: if Windows automatically updated the driver (as part of Windows update), then you may need to manually reinstall the older one and tell windows not to update it. Google should help there.

Speedfan needs to run as admin, so be sure the scheduled task has it running that way, and not as the logged-in user

Ok, I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled the old one, and set Windows to not update. I've rebooted multiple times since, and the HDMI audio is still working. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

I think I have Speedfan fixed. Anyway, after several trials with Task Scheduler, I now hear the fan startup after the 30 second delay I added. The icon does not appear in the tray, but whatever.

Now to try and get Kodi working.
(And to try and find my usb dongle for my wireless keyboard....)

Thanks again!
hello everyone, i want to install window 10 and only want to install kodi, i will be using only for netflix, youtube and kodi. no other app i will be installing. and i want to runit from 16 gb internal hard drive. and planning to stop the auto updates. will 16 gb this be enough. anybody with experience how many gig window 10 fresh install takes. any advise will be much appreciated.
(2015-08-13, 03:50)endiz_ Wrote: After installing a vanilla version of Windows 10, I'm missing the following driver:

Name:
PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller

Hardware ID:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C24&SUBSYS_C0001AE0&REV_04

Does anyone know where I could get the driver? I already installed the intel chipset driver (Chipset_Win7_8_8.1_10_10.1.1.8)

On my m004u I installed thee following drivers
DPTF_Intel_Win8_64_VER7002023 - PCI Data Acquisition - It's the Intel Dynamic thermal monitor or something
-- EDIT: It likely isn't the correct driver as it has a failed to start
-- Edit2: I changed the driver to "IO Hub to USI Port Bridge" and it doesn't give me an error but I don't think it's correct. *shrugs*
Chipset_10.0.27_Public.zip - Intel Chipset Update - for the SM Bus Controller

Only thing left is the GOOG9999 which someone said is just a dummy device. It's listed as an ACPI-Compliant compoment on my m004u.
Hey all,
i have windows 8.1 working great on my chromebox,
however im having some issues
fullscreen web apps (netflix,mlb.tv, nfl gamepass) tend to be a bit choppy,
Kodi and netflix apps work great as far as video is concerned (although netflix app wont pass through the digital audio), but i need NFL gamepass to work well now, and i feel like its some sort of browser issue
ive tried chrome and firefox, not sure if its a video driver issue, but i dont have much of a choice for drivers as i used the one described earlier in thread for use of HDMI
If anyone has any suggestions to get the fullscreen browser to run smoothly, id appreciate it
thanks
Hi all,

Have there been any further developments with running Windows 10 with HDMI audio (updated drivers/support) on the Chromebox?

I've got a 64gb USB 3.0 flash drive that I could use as a boot drive.

Thanks
(2015-10-11, 08:47)denz13 Wrote: Hi all,

Have there been any further developments with running Windows 10 with HDMI audio (updated drivers/support) on the Chromebox?

I've got a 64gb USB 3.0 flash drive that I could use as a boot drive.

Thanks
Negative, nor do I know of anyone currently working on the issue. There are too many other equally cost effective options if you want to run Windows (with full functionality) to make it worth the time to diagnose and fix
Hi,

i have some problem with asus chromebox with win8 installed on its own ssd.
The installation was smooth, without any problem, but with kodi 15.1 i got crashes/freezes randomly (pic freeze with countinous sound, then sound also stopped).
I use recommended Gigabyte drivers, HDMI sound is ok.
In windows/system log i found tons of warning (not error) like:

Event ID: 17
Source: WHEA-Logger
A corrected hardware error has occurred.
Component: PCI Express Root Port

I use the original ssd with 16Gb, free space is 1.6GB, ram is only 2GB, i ordered 8GB ram and 64GB ssd, but i dont think these warnings are related to poor hardware environment.

What could be wrong?
thanks in advance,
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows on Asus/HP/Acer/Dell Chromebox4