• 22(current)
Release Black Glass Nova 3.x for Kodi 14.x Helix
(2015-04-27, 16:33)jadvena Wrote: Second thing I'm unable to set tv,movies or season view.Thanks for your time!!!!!

I need you to be more specific about this.

Thanks

Ok sorry I"ll try. Im using Amazon Fire TV- genesis addon as usual, when i select a movie or tv show and hit the info button i get a menu in that menu it says set movie view when i select it doesn't do anything, before it would say fanart is on by default.i like using the fanart as the movie, tv show or seasons view. Now it wont save it like it did before ( last update) I tried a few of the other themes and it works on all of them. Thanks for your time, TGX

If you want to set the default view mode of the skin, in the latest update i changed it skin wide.
Go into skin settings -> general -> Default view mode.

Tgx
(2015-04-27, 16:56)Tgxcorporation Wrote: If you want to set the default view mode of the skin, in the latest update i changed it skin wide.
Go into skin settings -> general -> Default view mode.

Hi TGX - the only options I have are for List, Large List or Low List ?
(2015-04-27, 17:10)DEcosse Wrote: Hi TGX - the only options I have are for List, Large List or Low List ?

Yes. Other views are not possible because the default view needs to be a plain "list" control. The other views are "fixedlist" or "panels" or else and they are not recognized by the Kodi engine to be set as default view. Technical hindrances!

Tgx
Hi TGX. Thank you very much for an excellent skin. I've just recently changed to using BGN due to some problems with the previous skin I used and I've been very happy so far.
Thanks for the recent update. Everything is working fine for me except there's 2 issues that I just experienced with this new version.

1) The screen saver is having issue with this version. I use Dim for screensaver and now everytime it wakes up out of screensaver mode, the whole thing is still dim. I have to play a video then press stop in order for the brightness to turn back to normal. I tried to change the screensaver setting to Dark but then I couldn't see anything. I still can hear the navigation sound in the background when trying to navigate but couldn't see anything.

2) The submenu creation doesn't seem to be working for me. I tried to add and modify one thing but it modified other item in the list. For example, I select the 3rd submenu and delete but it then deleted my 2nd submenu.
(2015-04-28, 01:57)user3000 Wrote: 1) The screen saver is having issue with this version. I use Dim for screensaver and now everytime it wakes up out of screensaver mode, the whole thing is still dim. I have to play a video then press stop in order for the brightness to turn back to normal. I tried to change the screensaver setting to Dark but then I couldn't see anything. I still can hear the navigation sound in the background when trying to navigate but couldn't see anything.

2) The submenu creation doesn't seem to be working for me. I tried to add and modify one thing but it modified other item in the list. For example, I select the 3rd submenu and delete but it then deleted my 2nd submenu.

1- Does it happen when the screensaver kicks in when you are in the home screen, or only for example when inside an addon or movie/music/tvshow collection?

2- Which version of the skin are you using?

Tgx
I have the screen saver problem as well, it will go dim, but it takes a few mins to wake up. I had to disable it all together now.

It happened on the home screen a few times then I turned it off, I have not tried to pause playback now as I am scared it will dim and stay dim for a while.

Skin v 3.5.1
(2015-04-28, 10:31)m.a.f. Wrote: I have the screen saver problem as well, it will go dim, but it takes a few mins to wake up. I had to disable it all together now.

It happened on the home screen a few times then I turned it off, I have not tried to pause playback now as I am scared it will dim and stay dim for a while.

Skin v 3.5.1

Is this always happening when you exit the screensaver or once in a while?

Have you tried it if it happens using the default Confluence skin too?

Thanks

Tgx
Always, started the day I had the auto update to the new version.

In Confluence screen saver lights up again after pressing a button.

In BGN "NEW" version it can take 3 or more mins to bring the screen back up after clicking.

It was working ok before the update in BGN
Only in home or in other screens too?

Which system is Kodi running on?
Kodi version?

Thanks

Tgx

Ps. I've no problems on windows 7/8.1 kodi 14.2.
Android, SPMC, latest,
Ok. I'm keen on thinking the new skin version triggers a bug in Spmc.
I've tested the skin on windows and linux with no problems. Always using the official Kodi 14.2 though.

Let's wait for somebody else with the same problem.

Thanks

Tgx
Yes, I have turned off the screen saver now anyway so I am not affected really Smile
(2015-04-28, 08:00)Tgxcorporation Wrote: 1- Does it happen when the screensaver kicks in when you are in the home screen, or only for example when inside an addon or movie/music/tvshow collection?

2- Which version of the skin are you using?

Tgx

1 - It happened on the home screen as well as inside tvshow and movies library collection. I'm running Wins 7 with the latest official Kodi 14.2

2 - I'm not at home to check right now but it's the new skin version that came with the auto-update with the new sub-menu modification.

Btw this update is an auto-update from the skin that override the previous skin version. I didn't do a clean wipe of the previous version before installing the new version. Should that be a problem?

Thanks,
Quote:Btw this update is an auto-update from the skin that override the previous skin version. I didn't do a clean wipe of the previous version before installing the new version. Should that be a problem?

Thanks,

Same here, I went to the channel the box is connected to and the screen was dim I then found it had auto updated the skin, I was checking the settings while it was still dim.
(2015-04-28, 17:04)user3000 Wrote: 1 - It happened on the home screen as well as inside tvshow and movies library collection. I'm running Wins 7 with the latest official Kodi 14.2

2 - I'm not at home to check right now but it's the new skin version that came with the auto-update with the new sub-menu modification.

Btw this update is an auto-update from the skin that override the previous skin version. I didn't do a clean wipe of the previous version before installing the new version. Should that be a problem?

1 - I've just setup a virtual machine running win 7 with Kodi 14.2. No problem with the screensaver. I tried many times. I don't know.
2 - I've double checked the submenu and in every system is working correctly. No misplaces.

It could be remotely possible that something got screwed up during the update. To be certain i would reset the skin to defaults (in skin settings) and afterwards i would reset the shortcuts in the home menu editor. This should bring the skin to the default state as it was installed from scratch. You will loose all your settings though.

Another and more drastic way is to delete the skin.blackglassnova folder inside the "addons" kodi folder. Then delete the "guisettings.xml" inside the "userdata" folder. Delete the "script.skinshortcuts" folder inside the "addon_data" folder. This completely deletes every trace of the skin inside Kodi. You have to install the skin from scratch as last step.

Thanks

Tgx
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Glass Nova 3.x for Kodi 14.x Helix3