Android Question about Amazon Fire TV and XBMC / Kodi
Hi,

I'm sorry for opening a new thread, but the main thread is closed and the last post just went to this forum. I have been reading up on the Fire TV but even with Google and the Wiki and Youtube Videos I can't really find the answer to those 3 questions:

- Audio Output: I read here on the forum that it's a limitation of Android that it only supports 2 Channels output, but some guy on youtube showed that I he can enable DTS capable receiver on the AFTV. So can I use my DTS receiver and have sound on all 5 speakers when playing a DTS file?
- IR receiver: As I understand it, the AFTV does not have any IR receiver built in, so if I want to use my Logitech Harmony I need a dongle, but the wiki doesn't seem to list any and if it is possible to turn on the AFTV using a IR remote (that would be important for me).

And last question: Would you recommend this over an Intel NUC?
Just got this one that works great : http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B003ZV3J...UTF8&psc=1

FireTV pre launching in Germany for 49€ :o
http://www.amazon.de
1) yes. audio passthrough works as passthrough uses 2 channels of "signal", rather than 2 audio channels.

2) Flirc (wiki)

3) If you can afford a NUC then I would go with a NUC, but the remote-friendly Netflix (and Amazon prime) clients might make it worth getting the FireTV over the NUC for some.
Thanks for the quick answers. Yeah the 49 Euro price tag is what got me interested in the first place. Originally I had planned to replace my HTPC with a NUC.

I just wonder if I can get Flirc at a reasonable price in Germany. Did you try turning the AFTV on using a remote control and Flirc? I remember that a normal PC needs to support Wake-on-USB or something like this.
Flirc is pricey in Europe

The remote I listed above allow me to sleep and wake. Very fast.
FireTV also supports hdmi CEC, so you can use that if your tv has it without a separate ir receiver.
If te back button issue hasn't been solved not sure cec is a real option
Not sure if cec works. I have a Philips 21:9 TV which is about 4 years old I think but I use a Yamaha Receiver which is has all consoles and the HTPC hooked up to it. So I am not sure if cec works through this, haven't really tested it since the HTPC I used didn't support it. But it may be an option.
Does anybody actually use CEC on the Fire TV? My play, pause, stop buttons work on my Panasonic remote, but the navigation buttons do not. This means that you can not sort through your media.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about Amazon Fire TV and XBMC / Kodi0