• 11(current)
Mod [MOD] 1080XF MB3 - MediaBrowser and Native Kodi Library
(2014-10-29, 16:25)Nafi Wrote:
Quote:
Quote:For Movies it works fine, but when pressing up twice under Tv Shows it shows both menus.

Strange, works fine for me...but I use the MediaBrowser library. Perhaps someone else can confirm?

do you mean this?

this happens then you press up on tvshows menu, then navigate left until no element is highlighted and then press up again. If you press up while an element is highlighted, it returns to home screen as it should. Not a big problem in my opinion.

Thanks for clarifying, never seen that before. There's a new version up 3.0.59 with your changes merged and a few other changes for mediabrowser users. You can now use the alternate "info" select action (configured in the xbmb3c addon settings) to bring up the following:

Could you tell me what xml to edit and how to get the progress bar to show when not paused?
(2014-10-29, 14:33)im85288 Wrote:
(2014-10-29, 12:34)eirki Wrote:
(2014-10-27, 17:26)im85288 Wrote: In the past I would have agreed with you here, but recently someone got me looking into Aspect Ratios in a big way..this was why I changed a lot of the Home screen layout to have images displayed at their correct Aspect Ratio. Comparing the two screenshots you give the top one IMO is squashed and just does not look right...I do agree the grey space underneath could be better..but the image needs to fit AR to be in the skin.

Just to be clear, are you saying that the fanart on top (in the blue circle) is squashed, while the one on the bottom (red circle) has the correct aspect ratio? I tried reducing the size of the top image and overlaying it on the bottom image. I might have missedby a pixel or two (using MS Paint here!), but to me the aspect ratios seem pretty idenitcal:

With regards the fanart, yes I may not have explained it well but the fanart on the top in the blue circle is over zoomed in and basically makes the guy look like a giant! For Fanart it needs to be in the widescreen (16:9) aspect ratio in order to not mess with the original picture so for this particular view that is the only way it can fit in without resorting to stretching or scaling the image. I have tried to carry this aspect throughout (there may be errors so please report) the views and indeed adjusted quite a few to make them not need to do any scaling etc of the images.

How about using the poster image size that is found in the "Panel" view option in the original skin:

This would be the result (please ignore the part of the red circle - I am recycling screen shots):
It still does not fit 100 % (the right and left edges are still slightly cropped) but you do see more of the fantart.
(2014-10-30, 01:52)arithine Wrote: Could you tell me what xml to edit and how to get the progress bar to show when not paused?

Yes sure, have a look in DialogSeekBar.xml. If you create it so that is is an option in the settings feel free to submit a pull request on my Github so that it can be included in future versions (and therefore not overwrite any changes you make on each update of this skin)

(2014-10-30, 15:40)eirki Wrote:
(2014-10-29, 14:33)im85288 Wrote:
(2014-10-29, 12:34)eirki Wrote: Just to be clear, are you saying that the fanart on top (in the blue circle) is squashed, while the one on the bottom (red circle) has the correct aspect ratio? I tried reducing the size of the top image and overlaying it on the bottom image. I might have missedby a pixel or two (using MS Paint here!), but to me the aspect ratios seem pretty idenitcal:

With regards the fanart, yes I may not have explained it well but the fanart on the top in the blue circle is over zoomed in and basically makes the guy look like a giant! For Fanart it needs to be in the widescreen (16:9) aspect ratio in order to not mess with the original picture so for this particular view that is the only way it can fit in without resorting to stretching or scaling the image. I have tried to carry this aspect throughout (there may be errors so please report) the views and indeed adjusted quite a few to make them not need to do any scaling etc of the images.

How about using the poster image size that is found in the "Panel" view option in the original skin:

This would be the result (please ignore the part of the red circle - I am recycling screen shots):
It still does not fit 100 % (the right and left edges are still slightly cropped) but you do see more of the fantart.

Hmm still not loving it but I could add it as an option...I'll keep it in mind when I next mess around with it.
(2014-10-30, 19:31)im85288 Wrote: Hmm still not loving it but I could add it as an option...I'll keep it in mind when I next mess around with it.

Thanks very much!!
(2014-10-30, 19:31)im85288 Wrote:
(2014-10-30, 01:52)arithine Wrote: Could you tell me what xml to edit and how to get the progress bar to show when not paused?

Yes sure, have a look in DialogSeekBar.xml. If you create it so that is is an option in the settings feel free to submit a pull request on my Github so that it can be included in future versions (and therefore not overwrite any changes you make on each update of this skin)

Thanks, but I wouldn't even know where to begin to make an option Tongue

edit:
Well I'm at a loss, I'm not quite sure what to add where.

I assume it's somewhere here

Code:
<visible>Window.IsActive(fullscreenvideo) + [Player.ShowInfo | Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding |  Window.IsActive(videoosd) | Window.IsVisible(fullscreeninfo)] + !Window.IsVisible(sliderdialog) + ![!Window.IsActive(videoosd) + [Window.IsActive(script-XBMC-Subtitles-main.xml) | Window.IsActive(pvrguideinfo) | Window.IsActive(pvrosdchannels) | Window.IsActive(pvrosdguide) | Window.IsActive(yesnodialog) | Window.IsActive(okdialog) | Window.IsActive(progressdialog) | Window.IsActive(virtualkeyboard) | Window.IsActive(numericinput) | Window.IsActive(shutdownmenu) |Player.Paused Window.IsActive(osdvideosettings) | Window.IsActive(osdaudiosettings) | Window.IsActive(videobookmarks)]]</visible>

But I don't really understand it. It seems to me that "Window.IsActive(videoosd)" Should already make it happen
(2014-10-30, 21:16)arithine Wrote:
(2014-10-30, 19:31)im85288 Wrote:

Thanks, but I wouldn't even know where to begin to make an option Tongue

edit:
Well I'm at a loss, I'm not quite sure what to add where.

I assume it's somewhere here

Code:
<visible>Window.IsActive(fullscreenvideo) + [Player.ShowInfo | Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding |  Window.IsActive(videoosd) | Window.IsVisible(fullscreeninfo)] + !Window.IsVisible(sliderdialog) + ![!Window.IsActive(videoosd) + [Window.IsActive(script-XBMC-Subtitles-main.xml) | Window.IsActive(pvrguideinfo) | Window.IsActive(pvrosdchannels) | Window.IsActive(pvrosdguide) | Window.IsActive(yesnodialog) | Window.IsActive(okdialog) | Window.IsActive(progressdialog) | Window.IsActive(virtualkeyboard) | Window.IsActive(numericinput) | Window.IsActive(shutdownmenu) |Player.Paused Window.IsActive(osdvideosettings) | Window.IsActive(osdaudiosettings) | Window.IsActive(videobookmarks)]]</visible>

But I don't really understand it. It seems to me that "Window.IsActive(videoosd)" Should already make it happen

It does take time to make changes and get familiar...the one you want to make is not simple in that there are some animations involved that adjust the positioning of the panel either low (for paused view) or normal (for videosd view). I do not know the exact code to change and if I did..telling you would not help you to learn. Once you get further though feel free to post any questions here.

(2014-10-30, 19:39)eirki Wrote:
(2014-10-30, 19:31)im85288 Wrote: Hmm still not loving it but I could add it as an option...I'll keep it in mind when I next mess around with it.

Thanks very much!!

The image from the panel view is not so bad as it is a lot wider and taller..so does get closer to meeting the 16:9 AR. Have a look here: http://www.hdslr-cinema.com/tools/aspect.php? and you'll see what I mean...I had a quick look and do not like it still Tongue

I'll decide today if I will include it...if not then you can always make the adjustments locally.

EDIT - included in 3.0.62
Can you add a buffer progress in playing screen/osd?
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
(2014-11-01, 07:17)tinybutstrong Wrote: Can you add a buffer progress in playing screen/osd?

Not sure where you mean, screenshot please

This is on Confluence skin.

My media files are hosted remotely, then sometimes it pauses to buffering, specially in the beginning. I need a visual feedback to know if media just paused for some reason or due buffering.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
I never knew there was no buffering progress shown in this skin Sad Are you aware if it is there in the original xperience 1080?

Oh and for rotten tomatoes (critic and ratings) you get that visually in this skin on the homescreen if your using mediabrowser for your library
I have a request. When I add a playlist as a custom tile, the default icon is a slightly pixelated headset:

This icon seems to be based a file called DefaultAudio.png.

I would love to more easily be able to choose some more appropriate icons, such as these:

If this is not possible, it would be great if you could tell me where to find them (ideally in a size fitting the main screen tiles), or the images that are used as icons on the tiles. I have searched through the entire addon folder, but I can seem to find anything!
Have just upgraded to the new Kodi beta to try this skin and its brilliant.

Just one thing I don't seem able to customise... The overlays used for the background. In the other version of 1080XF I was able to simply rename black_content.png in the extras, fade folder to remove any overlay on the background but for this I can't get it to do the same. Is there a different file I need to change?
Is TvTunes supposed to be working or is it known to be broken?
Hi im85288,

glad to see you back and working on XPerience1080. Since it is one of the few Helix compatible skins at the moment I thought about giving it a try. I was using Artic mk ii until now but remember having enjoyed your XPerience 1080++ mod a long time.

Now, trying out XPerience 1080XF MB3 I have the following issues:

1. There is a "channels" section in the main menu which does not seem to work for me on all my four machines. Pressing on the channels-button does not lead to anything. The widget is empty, just showing a small circle (as if it keeps searching for something). What is that section for and how can I disable it (there is no option for disabling in the skin settings menu)? I may have to say that I have liveTV enabled (working fine, also the "channels" in that section, with TBS MOI as a backend) and that I do not use Media Browser.

2. It would be nice if you could implement the "pictures" section again (from your XPerience 1080++ mod), especially because of the diashow widget. That was very nice and created a separate section for buttons to all the foto stuff (MyPicturesDB, flickr, picasa etc.).

3. Would be nice to be able again to adjust the transition of the background. Depending on your personal taste and the wllpaper you are using you might prefer more or less transition.

Keep up the good work!

FantasticN
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] 1080XF MB3 - MediaBrowser and Native Kodi Library6