Req TV Guide with UPnP HDHomeRun Streams
(2015-01-05, 15:33)Ned Scott Wrote: You just make a playlist from the UPnP folder within Kodi by using the basic playlist (wiki) feature.

That was easy after you explained it. Now I can watch live tv without pvr functionality, just what I was after! Thank you so much.

Now I want to click on TV->Recordings and access a folder on the network where some of my tv recordings are stored. Why can't I access the Samba shares when I choose Recordings? Is there any other way to create a mapped folder or symlink that points to a folder on the network?
I think this is something you would need to request in the IPTV Simple forum for someone to add: http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=215
I managed to create a NFS file share and access the tv recordings within the TV menu.

Has anybody managed to load the channel icons in the IPTV channel lineup and the EPG? I am having a hard time configuring it in the m3u playlist and linking them to the icons in a separate folder. I would appreciate some pointers. Thanks.
Still can't get the channel icons to work for the playlist derived from HDHomerun channels or the associated EPG. Anyone?
(2015-01-15, 23:39)kmallick Wrote: Still can't get the channel icons to work for the playlist derived from HDHomerun channels or the associated EPG. Anyone?

kmallick - the logo name must match one of the display names in your xmltv.xml file.

xmltv.xml
Quote:<display-name>702 WCBSDT</display-name>
C:\strm\TVGUIDELOGO\702 WCBSDT.png
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2015-01-16, 14:52)bry- Wrote:
(2015-01-15, 23:39)kmallick Wrote: Still can't get the channel icons to work for the playlist derived from HDHomerun channels or the associated EPG. Anyone?

kmallick - the logo name must match one of the display names in your xmltv.xml file.

xmltv.xml
Quote:<display-name>702 WCBSDT</display-name>
C:\strm\TVGUIDELOGO\702 WCBSDT.png

Thank you so much for explaining. That helped. I modified my playlist such that the channel names match the icon names verbatim and now all the icons show up in the channel list.

However I have a different problem now. Originally I had the entire list of channels from HDHomerun and I could read the xml file and see a fully populated EPG. I decided to make a new playlist with selected favorite channels, refreshed the PVR database, read in the same xml file and I see that Kodi imports the EPG data. Now when I go to TV, I have the correct lineup of channels with icons, but now the EPG is empty. Any ideas?
(2015-01-20, 08:53)kmallick Wrote: However I have a different problem now. Originally I had the entire list of channels from HDHomerun and I could read the xml file and see a fully populated EPG. I decided to make a new playlist with selected favorite channels, refreshed the PVR database, read in the same xml file and I see that Kodi imports the EPG data. Now when I go to TV, I have the correct lineup of channels with icons, but now the EPG is empty. Any ideas?

I found out the problem to be related to omitting the channel number. My xml file lists for example:

Code:
    <channel id="I723.60964.schedulesdirect.org">
        <display-name>723 MTVHD</display-name>
        <display-name>723</display-name>
        <display-name>MTVHD</display-name>
        <display-name>MTV - Music Television HD</display-name>
        <display-name>Satellite</display-name>
    </channel>

My modified channel playlist consisted of 'MTVHD' only. This causes an empty EPG.
The EPG data shows us if I return to '723 MTVHD'.
(2015-01-05, 15:33)Ned Scott Wrote: You just make a playlist from the UPnP folder within Kodi by using the basic playlist (wiki) feature.

Hi sorry for replying to little older thread I am trying to accomplish what you guys did here.. but I have no idea how to create m3u playlist or where to find it on Android , running fire tv with root.

I kind of get what you guys are explaining to do but can't get there 100%. I would also like to use simple IPTV for HDhomerun via UPNP.
This was a very rough write up I did about the HDHomeRun Prime, but the basic gist is true for all HDHomeRun units that have UPnP support: HOW-TO:Set up CableCard with HDHomeRun UPnP (wiki)
(2015-03-08, 02:00)Ned Scott Wrote: This was a very rough write up I did about the HDHomeRun Prime, but the basic gist is true for all HDHomeRun units that have UPnP support: HOW-TO:Set up CableCard with HDHomeRun UPnP (wiki)

Yea I know that I already had it setup via upnp but it turned out reFocus didn't support saving playlists so I got it to work now.
This is interesting if I understand Ned's setup...are you able to watch live tv, epg included, without a back end?

Are there work around's to be able pause/rew/ff live tv or, more importantly, ways to schedule recordings? I'm using serverwmc and it works well, but this could mean replacing a windows machine running 24/7 to something like a raspberry pi (or maybe just a router) to host my media files.
@mlu3141 - the hdhomeruns serve up the video via stream so there is no additional software required. Make sure you are running the current firmware and you should be able to detect the hdhr as a upnp device.

I run the prime with no backend and use the TV Guide and PseudoTV Live to view with EPG

you may be able to wait a bit as silicondust has posted this last week.

first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
It's here! http://kodi.tv/addon-spotlight-hdhomerun-live-tv/

Be sure to apply the latest beta firmware for your HDHomeRun unit, then just install the add-on from the kodi.tv add-on repo.
Fantastic! This is a huge success!
This is awesome. Quick channel changes, pause/fast foward, etc with a nice interface.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide with UPnP HDHomeRun Streams0