• 2(current)
Realtek RTD1195 / RTD1295 based Android media players violate Kodi's GPL license!
(2014-11-05, 12:49)wizziwig Wrote:
(2014-11-04, 01:28)Topken Wrote: The KDLinks A200 is currently going for $200 on amazon for the US http://www.amazon.com/KDLINKS®-A200-Andr...00J90X0RC/

What does that have to do with this thread? That model uses a Telechips SoC, not the Realtek 1195.

According to this thread the KDLinks A200 uses a Realtek 1195 and I was just point out that it is going for $200 here in the USA
$200 is too much for this player. Just IMHO.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
$99 and i will buy one just to play with..
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Agreed about the $200 price point that puts you square in NUC/Chromebox+upgraded ssd/ram upgrade territory.
(2014-11-05, 23:14)Topken Wrote: According to this thread the KDLinks A200 uses a Realtek 1195 and I was just point out that it is going for $200 here in the USA

That information is wrong. The A200 came out a long time ago - long before any 1195 players were even on the market. It uses a Telechips SoC and is originally manufactured by Mele.
Received my M-195 RealTek 1195 from Geekbuying.com on Tuesday.

This are the issue that i am having with the device.

1-Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD MA (7.1 not working) ( I was told that the factory will be releasing an update next week to fix the Audio issue)

2-The XBMC is set to 1280X720 grey-out (Can't change the display setting)

3-The XBMC can't play any file(rtkplayer default player)Error: can't play file

4-Try 4K media file

a-With the built Media browser app( the file will play but no sound and the video choppy)
b-MX player =No good
c-VLC Beta= No Good..

5-The XBMC come with preloaded crap that i don't need (Mashup;icefilm etc....)

The Good
3D ISO playback works..

Still testing...
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Photo 
M-195

Are the Android firmware rooted on these box by default or have you managed to root it yourself?

(2014-11-06, 21:01)movie78 Wrote: The XBMC can't play any file (rtkplayer default player) Error: can't play file
Again, it would be very interesting to find more about that rtkplayer used here, (assuming "rtkplayer" is their short name for 'Realtek Player').

Can you maybe check if an playercorefactory.xml file for XBMC exist on the box and check it to see if it uses "rtkplayer" as an external player?
http://kodi.wiki/view/External_players

This rtkplayer is also put through its paces a little more in these AVSForum threads:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-network...layer.html
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-network...ing-2.html

Quote:Very interesting! Read these parts about "Rtkplayer" from these two threads about EW902 and M-195 on AVSForum:

"I used the provided EWEAT XBMC player (Rtkplayer in XBMC, the one that they put in their version of XBMC). But for some reasons BDMV files wont play at all. And even that I have to re-install the firmware update because XBMC was too bugged after all those tests... "

"XBMC : in fact there 3 ways to play the files. dvdplayer, Rtkplayer (defaut), and Eweat Player 4k. I can play normal files with either player no problem. But the Rtkplayer will not play WMA files. So no sound at all when playing movies with WMA. I dont have that problem If I use dvdplayer ( It's the XBMC player ). When playing with the Eweat Player 4k it's the same result that with Rtkplayer. With no WMA sound and you are playing the file with the internal media player. When the movie is finished you are kicked out XBMC. You have to re-enter to continue. And it's the only way to play 4k files."

"Bluray ISO and 3D BD ISO in XBMC : they are playing fine only if you use the defaut Rtkplayer. But you don't have the normal XBMC menus. In fact you are using the internal media player in XBMC. With the only options in the menu of : subtitles, audio, 3D and aspect ratio. That's it ! If you use Eweat Player 4k same options but when the movie is finished you are kicked out of XBMC. If you are trying to play 3D BD ISO, ISO, BDMV , and videos that are 720p or more the playback si poor, like in slow motion. And dont try to use BD menu navigation thing got worse..."

"I can play 3D BD ISO in XBMC with the optimyzed player ( Rtkplayer ) but without the XBMC playback options ( FF, REW, sound, subtitles, chapter, ect ). In fact it plays the files with the same options that you have when you are not in XBMC. I can choose to play them with the XBMC player ( dvdplayer ) but things got ugly. Slow motion, freeze and Bluray menu make things worse. But YES YOU CAN ( Thanks Barrack ! ) with the integrated Rtkplayer and only if you connect your hard drive to the player. You just can t use the dvdplayer that XBMC has built in. I am pushing it since 2 days and it doesnt like it very much. XBMC freezing a couple of times. Need definitively some tweaking in XBMC. But so much fun to work with it. "

"XBMC:To play 3D ISO:You need to select a different player(In my case the on player that works with 3D ISO was DVDPlayer....Am just wondering on how to change the default from rtkplayer to DVDplayer."

"3D BD ISO : The internal Rtkplayer (DEFAULT) is the one that only work with 3D BD ISO. dvdplayer work for NON HD titles. Otherwise the playback is non watchable. And Bluray Menu only works with dvdplayer..."

"Select Rtkplayer if you want to play 3D BD ISO good playback. But forget the bluray menu."

"Update : 4k files can be played in XBMC with Rtkplayer but files were on my 1 TB Seagate external HDD connected to the player and XBMC are taking them directly from there."

I hope that the existence of "Rtkplayer" might mean that Realtek have written their own player core for XBMC/Kodi that works like the old AMPlayer (now replaced by AMcodec)?

And if so the pressing question will now be, where is the source code for this "Rtkplayer"? As if it part of XBMC/Kodi it must be open sourced under either GPL or LGPL.

Or perhaps this "Rtkplayer" is just an external player that is launched? If so then that just sucks and we can only hope that Realtek improves in the open source area!
(2014-11-07, 15:17)Hedda Wrote: Are the Android firmware rooted on these box by default or have you managed to root it yourself?

(2014-11-06, 21:01)movie78 Wrote: The XBMC can't play any file (rtkplayer default player) Error: can't play file
Again, it would be very interesting to find more about that rtkplayer used here, (assuming "rtkplayer" is their short name for 'Realtek Player').

Can you maybe check if an playercorefactory.xml file for XBMC exist on the box and check it to see if it uses "rtkplayer" as an external player?
http://kodi.wiki/view/External_players

This rtkplayer is also put through its paces a little more in these AVSForum threads:

Quote:Very interesting! Read these parts about "Rtkplayer" from these two threads about EW902 and M-195 on AVSForum:

"I used the provided EWEAT XBMC player (Rtkplayer in XBMC, the one that they put in their version of XBMC). But for some reasons BDMV files wont play at all. And even that I have to re-install the firmware update because XBMC was too bugged after all those tests... "

"XBMC : in fact there 3 ways to play the files. dvdplayer, Rtkplayer (defaut), and Eweat Player 4k. I can play normal files with either player no problem. But the Rtkplayer will not play WMA files. So no sound at all when playing movies with WMA. I dont have that problem If I use dvdplayer ( It's the XBMC player ). When playing with the Eweat Player 4k it's the same result that with Rtkplayer. With no WMA sound and you are playing the file with the internal media player. When the movie is finished you are kicked out XBMC. You have to re-enter to continue. And it's the only way to play 4k files."

"Bluray ISO and 3D BD ISO in XBMC : they are playing fine only if you use the defaut Rtkplayer. But you don't have the normal XBMC menus. In fact you are using the internal media player in XBMC. With the only options in the menu of : subtitles, audio, 3D and aspect ratio. That's it ! If you use Eweat Player 4k same options but when the movie is finished you are kicked out of XBMC. If you are trying to play 3D BD ISO, ISO, BDMV , and videos that are 720p or more the playback si poor, like in slow motion. And dont try to use BD menu navigation thing got worse..."

"I can play 3D BD ISO in XBMC with the optimyzed player ( Rtkplayer ) but without the XBMC playback options ( FF, REW, sound, subtitles, chapter, ect ). In fact it plays the files with the same options that you have when you are not in XBMC. I can choose to play them with the XBMC player ( dvdplayer ) but things got ugly. Slow motion, freeze and Bluray menu make things worse. But YES YOU CAN ( Thanks Barrack ! ) with the integrated Rtkplayer and only if you connect your hard drive to the player. You just can t use the dvdplayer that XBMC has built in. I am pushing it since 2 days and it doesnt like it very much. XBMC freezing a couple of times. Need definitively some tweaking in XBMC. But so much fun to work with it. "

"XBMC:To play 3D ISO:You need to select a different player(In my case the on player that works with 3D ISO was DVDPlayer....Am just wondering on how to change the default from rtkplayer to DVDplayer."

"3D BD ISO : The internal Rtkplayer (DEFAULT) is the one that only work with 3D BD ISO. dvdplayer work for NON HD titles. Otherwise the playback is non watchable. And Bluray Menu only works with dvdplayer..."

"Select Rtkplayer if you want to play 3D BD ISO good playback. But forget the bluray menu."

"Update : 4k files can be played in XBMC with Rtkplayer but files were on my 1 TB Seagate external HDD connected to the player and XBMC are taking them directly from there."

I hope that the existence of "Rtkplayer" might mean that Realtek have written their own player core for XBMC/Kodi that works like the old AMPlayer (now replaced by AMcodec)?

And if so the pressing question will now be, where is the source code for this "Rtkplayer"? As if it part of XBMC/Kodi it must be open sourced under either GPL or LGPL.

Or perhaps this "Rtkplayer" is just an external player that is launched? If so then that just sucks and we can only hope that Realtek improves in the open source area!

Here you go..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <playercorefactory>
- <players>
- <!-- These are compiled-in as re-ordering them would break scripts
The following aliases may also be used:
audiodefaultplayer, videodefaultplayer, videodefaultdvdplayer
<player name="DVDPlayer" audio="true" video="true" />
<player name="DVDPlayer" /> placeholder for MPlayer
<player name="PAPlayer" audio="true" />

-->
- <player name="RtkPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>am</filename>
<args>start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -d file://{1} -t video/*</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>
- <rules name="system rules">
<rule name="dgb" filetypes="*.mp4" player="RtkPlayer" />
<rule name="dgb" filetypes="*.m2ts" player="RtkPlayer" />
<rule name="dgb" filetypes="*.mkv" player="RtkPlayer" />
<rule name="dgb" filetypes="*.ts" player="RtkPlayer" />
<rule name="rtv" protocols="rtv" player="RtkPlayer" />
<rule name="hdhomerun/myth/mms/udp" protocols="hdhomerun|myth|cmyth|mms|mmsh|udp" player="RtkPlayer" />
<rule name="lastfm/shout" protocols="lastfm|shout" player="RtkPlayer" />
<rule name="rtmp" protocols="rtmp" player="RtkPlayer" />
- <!-- dvdplayer can play standard rtsp streams
-->
<rule name="rtsp" protocols="rtsp" filetypes="!(rm|ra)" player="RtkPlayer" />
- <!-- Internet streams
-->
- <rule name="streams" internetstream="true">
<rule name="aacp/sdp" mimetypes="audio/aacp|application/sdp" player="RtkPlayer" />
<rule name="mp2" mimetypes="application/octet-stream" filetypes="mp2" player="RtkPlayer" />
</rule>
- <!-- DVDs
-->
<rule name="dvd" dvd="true" player="RtkPlayer" />
<rule name="dvdimage" dvdimage="true" player="RtkPlayer" />
- <!-- Only dvdplayer can handle these normally
-->
<rule name="sdp/asf" filetypes="sdp|asf" player="RtkPlayer" />
- <!-- Pass these to dvdplayer as we do not know if they are audio or video
-->
<rule name="nsv" filetypes="nsv" player="RtkPlayer" />
- <!-- pvr radio channels should be played by dvdplayer because they need buffering
-->
<rule name="radio" filetypes="pvr" filename=".*/radio/.*" player="RtkPlayer" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Since All these Three device are running the same Chipset Realtek 1195 .(Eweat 902 : M-195 : EC-U6D)

Do you guys think i can flash the firmware between one another?

Thanks!
You should try only replacing system.bin from original firmware with system.bin from eweat 902.
(2014-11-08, 20:13)csgabe Wrote: You should try only replacing system.bin from original firmware with system.bin from eweat 902.

Just replacing the system.bin and recompiling back to a image file?
Yes, system.bin is an ext4 partition file which represents android's system partition. "install.img" is a tar archive.
I read also on avs that max resolution is 720p

Sad
(2014-11-08, 20:45)csgabe Wrote: Yes, system.bin is an ext4 partition file which represents android's system partition. "install.img" is a tar archive.

Can you please show me how to do this?

Thanks!
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Realtek RTD1195 / RTD1295 based Android media players violate Kodi's GPL license!0