• 5(current)
Req Titan skin feature requests
(2014-11-12, 21:46)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-11-12, 18:44)AlexKruidenberg Wrote: Hello,

Thank you for your great work! I have a few questions.
1. When i watch live tv and press the 'i' (information) button, i don't get information about the channel with the classic skin, even if i enable the option for video OSD.

2. When do we get support for discart in the movie section?

3.I like the poster view of Aeon Nox. Maybe it's a good idea for Titan?

Thank you (and sorry for my bad english)

Hoi Alex, bedankt voor je feedback :-)

1. Uhm, just found out I never included support for the channelinfo in classic theme... Should be a quick fix.

2. The discart is added in latest beta version, only in the movieinfo als fullscreeninfo dialogs. Where did you have the discart in mind ?

3. Yes that "wall like" posters view is nice indeed... Will add that one later this week.

EDIT: infopanel for classic theme added (was a quick fix)
available in beta version 2.1.20 (see beta repo in first post)

Hello,

Thank you for your fix for the channel info. Im trying to test it today

About the discart: there are a lot of skins with a nice discart in the movie sections. A few examples below:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2921/14693...9b2a_b.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3uHzsrh.jpg

and about the poster view:

http://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/wp-cont...s-View.jpg

Also, it would be nice to have some cosmetic changes to the classic skin. I found a website with a lot of screenshots of the skin:

http://www.team-mediaportal.com/mediapor...ns-gallery

Thank you for hard work (en de nederlandse feedback :-)
(2014-11-13, 11:25)mgonzales Wrote: Having said that if you must run both I think the issue may be resolved if you changed the addon ID= to "skin.titan.helix.beta" in the skins addon.xml file and renamed the skin folder to match.

but that will mean all your settings will be separate from the non-Beta skin in your guisettings.xml file

I solved this issue just by making sure that I was only running one variant of the titan skin in my addons folder

I have found helix beta 2 to be pretty stable so far sans a few issues with third party addons but most have posted betas to their respective git repos

Plus I am enjoying testing out all the new Titan skin feature in the betas and am willing to deal with complications should they arise - hang in there and help test if you can :-)

Hope this helps

Well, In fact the Helix version does allready have a different name...

The stable version is just skin.titan (with a higher main version number 3.x.x)
On the XBMB3c repo it's skin.titan.helix as that repo doesn't support multiple versions of the same skin with different version numbers.

What I can do is rename the beta Gotham version of the skin to titan.skin.beta which will allow you to switch between stable or beta but that will indeed imply that you have different settings as both versions are considered by XBMC as different skins...

I don't mind to do the rename action. I see the advantages of it and in fact the only downside is that settings aren't shared between the stable and beta version.

If more users are reading this, please let me know what to do.
(2014-11-13, 11:31)AlexKruidenberg Wrote: About the discart: there are a lot of skins with a nice discart in the movie sections. A few examples below:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2921/14693...9b2a_b.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3uHzsrh.jpg

and about the poster view:

http://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/wp-cont...s-View.jpg

Also, it would be nice to have some cosmetic changes to the classic skin. I found a website with a lot of screenshots of the skin:

http://www.team-mediaportal.com/mediapor...ns-gallery

Thank you for hard work (en de nederlandse feedback :-)

Hoi Alex,

Thanks for the additional info/feedback, that's something I can work with.
I tried to keep my skin as plain as possible as an alternative for all the full-blown (graphically overwhelming) skins that are allready available.
So, my primary focus have been on doing just that and don't add TOO much artwork and grahpical panels.
Now all main features are finished I'll definitely add some more "bells" like the cdart and make that optional so users can decide if they want it or not.

1. The cdart examples you provided do look nice and I'll extend the skin's support for that later this week or next week (if I have some time available)

2. The posterview is one I have seen more often in some skins and does look nice, will definitely add that one soon.

3. I primary develop the skin for the default/modern theme and not that much on the classic side.I only make sure that the features that are added work with both default and classic theme. If users think there are any improvements for the classic theme and/or it's graphics just reply in this thread and I'll pick it up in my development time for the skin.

In this case what do you think should be added ? Maybe a screenshot from what you think is wrong or can be done better ?
Offcourse you can send me a PM in Dutch if that's easier for you :-)
(2014-11-13, 11:25)mgonzales Wrote:
(2014-11-13, 10:59)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-11-13, 10:37)logan_x50 Wrote: Hi marcelveldt, for me at least 2.1.20 is totally borked which brings me to my request. I see you now show (BETA) version in the skin name from xbmb3c repo repo but at least on my xbmc 13.2 i can't switch between the stable version in the xbmc repo and the beta version. Internally xbmc seems to think they are the same skin even though the names are different.

Hi Logan,

What is borked? That shouldn't happen at all. Indeed the versions on the xbmb3c repo are considered beta but should at least have no big problems.

As for your question about beta and stable versions:
Do not install the xbmb3c repo and you'll only have the stable version on official xbmc repo.
New features and bugfixes are always first made available on the beta version and after extended testing and user reports this goes to official XBMC repo.

Please let me know what is wrong with version 2.1.20 as I'm not aware of things broken...
This only included a new feature to display the OSD on video start and to create widgets yourself.

In the eyes of XBMC / kodi when running the beta and non-beta skin they are the same and can causes strange behaviors so only have one instance / variant of the skin in your add-ons folder at once.

I experienced this "borked" issue a while back when I had both stable and beta skins installed.

Uninstall the stable version and see if your issues go away or not.

Having said that if you must run both I think the issue may be resolved if you changed the addon ID= to "skin.titan.helix.beta" in the skins addon.xml file and renamed the skin folder to match.

but that will mean all your settings will be separate from the non-Beta skin in your guisettings.xml file

I solved this issue just by making sure that I was only running one variant of the titan skin in my addons folder

I have found helix beta 2 to be pretty stable so far sans a few issues with third party addons but most have posted betas to their respective git repos

Plus I am enjoying testing out all the new Titan skin feature in the betas and am willing to deal with complications should they arise - hang in there and help test if you can :-)

Hope this helps

Thanks. I uninstalled the skin and re-installed from xbmb3c. 2 things I noticed was first that given the speed it takes and no download progress I don't think it does in fact fully un-install and re-install. Second was after the fresh install the borkedness was if anything worse.

Next I uninstalled again and this time tried to install .15 non-beta. It seemed strangely enough to "reinstall" (again no re-download) .20. Anyway, this time its un-borked as far as I can see so i'm happySmile
Quote:Thanks. I uninstalled the skin and re-installed from xbmb3c. 2 things I noticed was first that given the speed it takes and no download progress I don't think it does in fact fully un-install and re-install. Second was after the fresh install the borkedness was if anything worse.

Next I uninstalled again and this time tried to install .15 non-beta. It seemed strangely enough to "reinstall" (again no re-download) .20. Anyway, this time its un-borked as far as I can see so i'm happySmile

If you ever wanted to make sure they really do re-download and you have a fresh copy try this:

go into your addons folder

Make sure that no folder with "titan" in the name remain (delete them)

also under a secondary folder inside the "addons" folder is a "packages" folder - remove any zip files with "titan" in the name as well.

If in addition to the skin folder and zip you delete the titan "helper" folder and zip xbmc will also grab it again since its a requirement for the skin so don't stress if you do.

This will force xbmc / kodi to download the skin (and helper app) the next time you use the addon manager in the app.

Change to another skin and quit the app before you attempt this

Mario
(2014-11-12, 18:24)logan_x50 Wrote:
(2014-11-12, 17:50)marcelveldt Wrote: a) You can change the hightlight/focus color for the home in the skin settings...
Is that what you mean ?
I don't think so. I'll take a screenshot and illustrate.

(2014-11-12, 17:50)marcelveldt Wrote: b) I can make the main-tile title highlighted if you enter it's submenu.
Now I have an title header above the submenu...
What to do ? Remove the extra title at the submenu and instead keep main title highlighted when entering sub ?
Or do you have any ideas ?
nee. again i think if I illustrate the request it will be easier

Below illustrated request. I think making the focuscolour applicable thoughout and being able to select the transparency colour for the title background would be cool
(2014-11-13, 13:22)logan_x50 Wrote: Thanks. I uninstalled the skin and re-installed from xbmb3c. 2 things I noticed was first that given the speed it takes and no download progress I don't think it does in fact fully un-install and re-install. Second was after the fresh install the borkedness was if anything worse.

Sorry this happened to you, I'm afraid you got some half-downloaded copy of the skin in your XBMC skin and that was trying to install..
This shouldn't happen with the official repo. I think the xbmb3c repo present the updated addon in repo while the contents are still being synced over to mirror servers.

For me more reason to have the beta skin separate in the repo.
Will make that move with the next release/publish to the beta repo.

The instructions from mgonzales were indeed correct to fix the problem if it happens again.
XBMC keeps a cache of the downloaded addons, so if that download is wrong it will use the same (damaged) file again...

(2014-11-13, 22:24)logan_x50 Wrote: I think making the focuscolour applicable thoughout and being able to select the transparency colour for the title background would be cool

Thanks, that explains it very clear!
What I will do is make it configurable, so besides setting the title's color and the option to remove titles all the way I create the option to change the color of the highlight on focus. And offcourse make things consistent on all tiles...

Today I don't have the time for the outstanding bugfixes and requests that are talked about in this thread but will do that tomorrow or in the weekend.
Is there any chance to add customization of shutdown menu?
(2014-11-14, 12:34)Etharr Wrote: Is there any chance to add customization of shutdown menu?
Hi Etharr,

What would you like to customize ?
Is it possible to hide the shutdown menu completely ?
I created a tile for shutdown with sub menu for restart, etc
(2014-11-14, 15:56)saustark Wrote: Is it possible to hide the shutdown menu completely ?
I created a tile for shutdown with sub menu for restart, etc

added option to skin settings... available in next beta
(2014-11-13, 07:28)mgonzales Wrote: One other item of note is that I created a second custom widget and that distorted picture in the upper right-hand corner seems to follow all the custom widgets - I don't see a way to change it and it doesn't seem to correlate with the icon you select in the widget panel itself.

Maybe provide a way for you to set the widgets photo or have it followed the selected item in the widget panel.

Or maybe #2 Wink all the extra space and display of the photo in that second top panel in the custom widget is not even necessary?

Thanks again for all the awesome work!

Mario

Hi Mario, I fixed it by just disabling that extra panel for user custom widgets.
Will upload a new beta version tonight.
Hello all,

I'm currently uploading a new beta version (v.2.1.21) to the xbmb3c repo.
In this version lot's of fixes (as discussed on the forum).
Also some new features:

- optional discart support in some views
- disable shutdown menu
- new views added

As of now the beta version has a different ID in the xbmc listing, so you're able to switch between stable and beta version.
This means that you will have to install this version manually from the addons list in xbmc.

Thanks in advance for testing and feedback!
Feedback for the latest beta...

I see an available update to the helper service is available - 1.2.7 but It won't download.

The skin settings menu no longer indicate what version you are running

I've lost my overlay selection - the skin settings now just indicates the overlay I once had selected with no way to change it as previously was available in settings.

If you are going to allow tiles for sub menus please allow a custom tile image

Probably should do this for custom widgets as well.

The OSD display with playback still starts too quickly and only for a moment - can you delay it until after a few seconds of playback start then display it for a few seconds?

I would almost describe what I had envisioned is you simulate info / artwork that is displayed with a "pause" 5 seconds after playback starts but don't actually pause playback and leave out the pause indicator

I am running helix beta 3.1.21 of the skin.

As always thanks for all the hard work!!

Mario
Could you (or are you) integrate the trailer links from MB3 server into Titan? The equilibrium mb3 skin was able to do this some way

I know Titan already has trailer support, but not for the MB3 library integration
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin feature requests4