• 19(current)
Release Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3)
Apparently no one else spotted this problem and dev is not always following here.

The central point of Pandora is the rating so it can make playlists really tailored around customer taste and choices, so I think is quite important, without it is not really Pandora.

So I tried understanding why the script.xbmc.pandora addon is not working with proxy (because I know that using a VPN it works perfectly including rating), and I discovered the problem for that script was the Python proxy http/https bug. So I solved it simply changing line 165 of the file pandora/pandora.py file inside the addon folter to

proxy_handler = urllib2.ProxyHandler({'http': proxy,'https': proxy})

I really hope Pandoki dev will issue an update with rating working correctly through a proxy. I tried some tests myself, trying to force or exclude the use of liburl2 and/or 3 but it seems the problem is not that one, must be somewhere else. I'm available for tests if needed.

In the meantime if you want to use a proxy and have a full working Pandora client, use the script.xbmc.pandora addon with that modification I posted.
Hey,
Thanks for this update. Is their a way you can make it so that your rating system will read with the kodi screenreader? Currently, I can't thumb up or down tracks because I can't see where I am in the song ratings screen. Kodi screenreader can be found here.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=196757
Thanks very much for the addon!
Thank you for this amazing add-on. It makes my home a better place with curated music from Pandora instead of repeating my small library.
Since yesterday, as soon as a stream is about to start, Kodi crashes. Anybody else having the same problem or is just me? Thanks.

[EDIT] Only crashes when "Track Handling" is set to "Stream Only". It works fine if set to "Cache Only" or "Saved Liked Tracks".

The last entry in the log file before crashing Kodi is below ...

PHP Code:
03:50:21 T:6444   ERRORCCurlFile::FillBuffer FailedTransferred a partial file(18)
03:50:21 T:6444 WARNINGCCurlFile::FillBuffer Reconnect, (re)try 1
:50:21 T:6444   ERRORCCurlFile::FillBuffer FailedHTTP returned error 403 
No problem in stream only on Kodi 16.0 running on Win7 here.

scott s.
(2016-10-13, 21:39)scott967 Wrote: No problem in stream only on Kodi 16.0 running on Win7 here.

scott s.

Hmmm... I suppose Pandora is just being a little flaky or something. It's strange that if I set the quality to low it seems to half ass work again but really unstable. Sometimes it will let me skip a song and other times it crashes Kodi. If I set the quality setting back to high and try to stream it immediately crashes Kodi as soon as a song starts to play. I have always had the quality setting set to high and never had a problem before. I read that Pandora was rolling out something new called "Pandora Plus". Maybe that has something to do with it. Are you sure that it is working for you when set to stream only and the quality set to high. You wouldn't be playing a cached file by chance would you? I also tried the Pandora app that comes with DirectTV and it will not even load up the stations or anything. It tries to start but then just goes right back to the menu. I think it's just Pandora rolling out their new system that might be causing my troubles. I guess it's a wait and see thing. I don't know.
Thanks for Pandoki,works great for me. It is my favorite music addon. It would be a nice addition to the official addons.
Anyone try Pandoki on Kypton yet or is it just working on Jarvis? I have been using the pandora app, but doesn't work anymore so looking for an alternative.. Thanks
(2016-10-30, 07:32)magicmagni Wrote: Anyone try Pandoki on Kypton yet or is it just working on Jarvis? I have been using the pandora app, but doesn't work anymore so looking for an alternative.. Thanks
Yes, I have been using Pandoki on Krypton beta 4 without issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5X
(2016-10-13, 11:11)woodside Wrote: Since yesterday, as soon as a stream is about to start, Kodi crashes. Anybody else having the same problem or is just me? Thanks.

[EDIT] Only crashes when "Track Handling" is set to "Stream Only". It works fine if set to "Cache Only" or "Saved Liked Tracks".

The last entry in the log file before crashing Kodi is below ...

PHP Code:
03:50:21 T:6444   ERRORCCurlFile::FillBuffer FailedTransferred a partial file(18)
03:50:21 T:6444 WARNINGCCurlFile::FillBuffer Reconnect, (re)try 1
:50:21 T:6444   ERRORCCurlFile::FillBuffer FailedHTTP returned error 403 
I am getting the same crash as soon as i play something. Windows 10
What repository can I find pandoki?

Sent from my SM-G930V
(2016-11-12, 18:09)dmatheny Wrote: What repository can I find pandoki?

Sent from my SM-G930V (typie typie)
The link to the repository is right there in the very first post.
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
I note that there is a bug (typo) in the repo file. The addon.xml for the repo has
Code:
id="repository.gomioa"
while the containing folder is named "repository.gominoa". In the past, installing from zip would result in the repo being stored in the named folder (repository.gominoa), but with current version 17 Krypton Beta 5 it instead is stored in the addon id-named folder (repository.gomioa). Normally this wouldn't be a problem but not sure what happens if user attempts to update or reinstall the repo, what Krypton does with it.

scott s.
I've been using Pandoki for over a year now. It's about time I expressed my appreciation for such a well written and stable music add-on. Great work, Gominoa. If you have a process for it, I would like to send a little financial good will to support you ongoing.
Thanks for this great add-on. I've used it almost every day for quite some time now.

I just wanted to share my keyboard.xml to which I've added some scripts that perform the actions listed in the first post and add a notification.

In my .kodi/userdata/scripts/ folder I have scripts called tired.py, down.py and up.py with this structure:

import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin("RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.audio.pandoki/?rate=up)")
xbmc.executebuiltin("Notification(Pandora, Thumbs Up!, 5)")

Then for the keyboard.xml
<keymap>
<visualisation>
<keyboard>
<a>RunScript(special://masterprofile/scripts/tired.py)</a>
<b>ActivateWindow(10025,plugin://plugin.audio.pandoki/)</b>
<c>RunScript(special://masterprofile/scripts/down.py)</c>
<d>RunScript(special://masterprofile/scripts/up.py)</d>
</keyboard>
</visualisation>
<mymusicplaylist>
<keyboard>
<a>RunScript(special://masterprofile/scripts/tired.py)</a>
<b>ActivateWindow(10025,plugin://plugin.audio.pandoki/)</b>
<c>RunScript(special://masterprofile/scripts/down.py)</c>
<d>RunScript(special://masterprofile/scripts/up.py)</d>
</keyboard>
</mymusicplaylist>
</keymap>

On my remote d=green, c=red, a=yellow and blue=a. Makes it easy to rate songs with a visual confirmation and gets me to the station list quickly whether I'm in the playlist view or on the visualization screen.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3)8