[REQUEST] Retrovision.tv Plugin or Script? - Free Internet TV, Cassic Movies and TV
Lightbulb 
i found retrovision.tv which has 6 different streaming channels (comedy, cartoons, sci-fi, horror, drama, westerns, kung fu). the quality is very good and the content isn't bad either. the problem is: i can't get any of the channels to stream in xbmc (666 tech build or 6/11 build).

here is what's in one of my strm files:
mms://69.64.36.158:7002

this should resolve to the cartoon "channel". if you pop this into windows media player, it'll stream the file without issue.

i tried on three different xbmc builds (one from 11/05, 666 and 6/11) and they get hung at the caching stage (not progressing at all).

other streams (such as mms://musicplus-musicplustv.wm.llnwd.net/musicplus_musicplustv) work just fine.

i don't think it's a codec issue since it never progresses in the caching.

any suggestions?

thanks.
I'm not sure if I can request this here. Can someone make a plugin/addon for http://retrovision.tv?
Guess no one is interested in this? :confused2:

Thanks for moving my post btw Smile
+1 for this. nice find on the website
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

smithr99 Wrote:+1 for this. nice find on the website

Thanks! Anyone else interested? Smile
Bump

Guess we're the only two interested. Sucks oh well Sad
+1
Isn't it US only?
I'm really sure! But looks another one is interested. Anymore?
The main problem here is that this site just indexes most of its content rather than hosting it. Some videos are on Crackle, some are on Hulu, some are hosted on various other sites. For a working plugin, the author would not only have to scrape the website for the links (which is the easy part), but write code to play back video from all of the different possible sites. This is a huge undertaking and quite frankly not worth it to most people for such niche subject matter.
Oh damn your right Sad
You can also visit the websites of your favorite TV networks and watch full episodes there. Some of them are new shows and some of them are older, but it is free as long as you have an Internet connection, it is always interesting. In addition, many people connect their computers to their televisions so they can watch shows on a larger screen. You may need to buy a cheap cable, but it's worth it.

Watch Full Length TV Episodes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Retrovision.tv Plugin or Script? - Free Internet TV, Cassic Movies and TV0