• 35(current)
Google Nexus Player
Sorry, i forgot to mention you dont have to root your device for the method i posted. I havent tried air share but i do prefer es file just due to i can mount mass storage such as usb or ext hdd and have an area where my sideload apps are as well as having an area for my kodi addons that are zip files.
I currently have 14.2 installed on my NP. How do I go about updating Kodi to the newest Isengard beta and are there any current benefits right now to updating?
Currently i dont think the android version is complete at this time, i could be mistaken
(2015-05-21, 02:10)radicalonions Wrote: I currently have 14.2 installed on my NP. How do I go about updating Kodi to the newest Isengard beta ?

Just download http://kodi.tv/download/ and install it as you did 14.2. If you don;t like it or have issues etc.. you can just install 14.2 again.
Hello there !

Sorry if my english is a bit low, i'm french speaking Smile

I'm a fresh new Nexus Player owner and i'm really happy.

I've put Kodi on it and it works really great, even if there's only wifi.
Does anyone know if the PS3 bluetooth remote works with the Nexus Player? If not, then are there any good replacement remotes for NP that are known to be compatible with it?
how does kodi on NP compare to FireTv in terms of ui smoothness, etc.

also with M mpeg 2 hw excel is exposed but how does it handle deinterlacing?or vc1 bluray rips or even high bitrate h264 rips? hd audio tracks?

my plan was to use it on a living room tv to replace an atv3 for netflix, music and mkvs from my server.

my mkvs are makemkv bluray rips with hd and regular core audio but will be dowbmixed to 2.0 tv speaker anyway. will this be ok on np or aftv?
Is it possible to install openelec on the nexus player?
(2015-06-11, 01:48)Saux64 Wrote: Is it possible to install openelec on the nexus player?

I don't believe so. I don't think the Nexus Player has been hacked to run alternative operating systems other than Android - though I may be wrong.
Anyone having issues with the latest 15.0 Beta and nightly causing the NP to crash/reboot less than a minute after starting LiveTV playback with the MythTV plugin? I hadn't seen reports of that behavior, but I'm wondering if I have a bad box or some other problem.
Just got this box from my friend......hooked it up and put in my network password but nexus rebooted itself and now showing nothing on the tv just solid white light on the box.Tried recovery but it shows google for 30sec and goes back to black screen.Any advised or help be appreciated.
Hi. This device support Hi10p ?
(2015-06-14, 18:45)eMaX Wrote: Hi. This device support Hi10p ?

No

EDIT: not for hardware decoding, at least. Maybe some lower bitrate/720 Hi10P files with software decoding will work.
For those of you who had upgraded to Isengard Beta 2, could you share with me your hardware acceleration setting (and if applicable, your advancedsettings.xml)?
Thanks!
I figured out what was crashing the NP, in case anyone else runs into the same problem. Turned off Vertical Blank Sync and everything works good now Smile
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Nexus Player7