• 38(current)
Google Nexus Player
(2015-07-08, 07:45)Koying Wrote: I implemented that in spmc (with a double back) and it was not popular, to say the least...
If there is any traction for this, I could make it an option or a keymap action in Kodi?

Can we add double click options in kodi (in advancesettings, remote or keyboard.xml)? I tried smpc and its not working (may be due to new firmware).
use +/- ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
I'd like to second this. I tried changing skin and it came up with a "are you sure" box with yes/no buttons and nothing I do on the remote makes any change. It's also impossible to install LazyTV for the same reason. I guess a right-click option is lacking..

(2015-07-13, 02:15)mdh99 Wrote:
(2015-07-08, 20:09)radicalonions Wrote:
(2015-07-08, 07:45)Koying Wrote: I implemented that in spmc (with a double back) and it was not popular, to say the least...
If there is any traction for this, I could make it an option or a keymap action in Kodi?

I would like to see this get implemented since as of right now, there are a lot of clicks to do just in order to quit Kodi. This is while using Confluence. I also prefer just to do two quick clicks rather than scroll to my custom quit menu on the skin I'm using, Arctic Zephyr. I don't know why you got flak for this since I think double back makes a lot of sense.

I'd also like to see this or a similar simple exit method implemented.

Can I also suggest a "click n' hold" to access right-click menus; really missing having access to the submenus.
I was wondering how you use kodi with this remote and I'm surprised there is no Ir receiver. I bought one at best buy for 60 but beginning to think it is a waste of time and it is best to stick with an HTPC.
(2015-07-19, 04:21)Deihmos Wrote: I was wondering how you use kodi with this remote and I'm surprised there is no Ir receiver. I bought one at best buy for 60 but beginning to think it is a waste of time and it is best to stick with an HTPC.
Grab a flirc
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Or do as I did http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1874291
But ultimately I left the NP for a Nvidia Shield that has an IR receiver. that does cost a decent amount more though.
Yea I can't justify paying that much for an android device. I see you can add Ir by using mini USB or something like that.

I just picked up a nexus and impressed with the speed. Kodi is just as smooth as on my i3 PC and it works with the TV remote.
(2015-07-13, 02:11)mdh99 Wrote:
(2015-07-09, 01:36)Deihmos Wrote: Can someone with a nexus player tell me if it can pass DTS and DD to a receiver?

Yep, passthrough works perfectly for me.

I can't get DTS to pass through just DD.
(2015-07-08, 17:48)o_dog Wrote:
(2015-07-08, 05:36)benitoemr81 Wrote: O_dog, is Android M pretty stable at this time? I ve been wanting to install it and try it out, and also to install a larger drive.

Yeah it's stable but the voice commands on the nexus remote does not work. I would say, go for it. You can easily downgrade if you don't like it.

I just installed android M on my nexus player and i'm having major problems with the remote disconnecting the second the remote goes to "sleep" which requires a re-pair of it every couple of minutes. Have you experienced this at all? I just downgraded back to "stable" and the remote problems are gone. I tried pairing my fire tv remote while running M but it was unable to be found Sad

*edit*

Looks like i'm not alone: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost...stcount=72

To anyone else interested, android M is currently extremely buggy on the nexus player. I wouldn't recommend messing with it yet unless you have to. I can confirm that 24p display switching did work which was great! See the above linked thread for more info...
(2015-07-19, 18:20)Deihmos Wrote: Kodi is just as smooth as on my i3 PC and it works with the TV remote.

Did the same swap, I recon everything is faster then my i3. I'm so happy/confident with my Nexus Player running Kodi I picked up my media pc today.

And thanks for pointing out the tv remote works; that's pretty cool. Kodi rocks.
(2015-07-19, 04:21)Deihmos Wrote: I was wondering how you use kodi with this remote

Once you get used to it the NP remote can pretty much everything with the exception of right click.
I'd like to see click-n-hold implemented for right-clicks, but I've seen people remap the play/pause button to bring up the right-click menu. Yet to test it myself.
This device is useless because it cannot pass DTS audio to the receiver. AC3 works but not DTS. It isn't even doing DD with Netflix. I will just stick with the roku and my pc.
(2015-07-23, 06:25)Deihmos Wrote: This device is useless because it cannot pass DTS audio to the receiver. AC3 works but not DTS. It isn't even doing DD with Netflix. I will just stick with the roku and my pc.

That's a lie. I have DTS passthrough
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
What software is on the nexus player? I updated to 5.1.1 and it does not work. I think it worked in 5.1 but not sure.
Hey guys,

I have a read a bit through this thread. I've been having the issues that no matter what app I use (kodi, VLC, etc), I get heaps of buffering when playing 720p MKV files (not even trying 1080). I'm on Wifi N and was thinking of upgrading to an AC router to help with this. Has anyone got a Nexus player running on AC and do you have any issues streaming local content such as 720 / 1080 MKV? Just trying to decide to spend the money or not :-S

Thanks,

Brandan
(2015-07-23, 12:46)darklord6661 Wrote: Hey guys,

I have a read a bit through this thread. I've been having the issues that no matter what app I use (kodi, VLC, etc), I get heaps of buffering when playing 720p MKV files (not even trying 1080). I'm on Wifi N and was thinking of upgrading to an AC router to help with this. Has anyone got a Nexus player running on AC and do you have any issues streaming local content such as 720 / 1080 MKV? Just trying to decide to spend the money or not :-S

Thanks,

Brandan
@darklord6661 buy router if it does not work return, no money wasted only time.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Nexus Player7