• 45(current)
Google Nexus Player
I just bought a Google Nexus Player from Walmart yesterday after missing out on the Target clearance. I've been using WDTV players (3 generations worth) for my streaming and more importantly, .mkv playback needs (along with info gathering/scraping with the latest generation).

I was impressed at how responsive the player is polished looking, but Kodi does not show up in the Play Store for me either. Looks like I'll be rooting mine for sure, which it appears I'd need to do anyway to be able to connect my 2TB external USB drive (will probably get a powered HUB and connect that drive, a bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo, and a USB to LAN dongle so I can stream easier (120Mbps internet, but WiFi clearly isn't getting all of that like it was on the ethernet connected WDTV Live player).
(2015-10-27, 15:49)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-10-27, 15:43)Jhons Wrote: SadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadI am having the same issue with my google nexus player. its nowhere to be found on the playstore. I called google they said the app developers for koi seems like they stop supporting the google nexus player. Does anybody have any info on that.
That's total bullshit. Call them back and tell them they are morons.
They fucked it up theirselves.
In mean I found the issue and Kodi should be back.

(2015-10-27, 15:49)Jbdiehl Wrote: I just bought a Google Nexus Player from Walmart yesterday after missing out on the Target clearance. I've been using WDTV players (3 generations worth) for my streaming and more importantly, .mkv playback needs (along with info gathering/scraping with the latest generation).

I was impressed at how responsive the player is polished looking, but Kodi does not show up in the Play Store for me either. Looks like I'll be rooting mine for sure, which it appears I'd need to do anyway to be able to connect my 2TB external USB drive (will probably get a powered HUB and connect that drive, a bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo, and a USB to LAN dongle so I can stream easier (120Mbps internet, but WiFi clearly isn't getting all of that like it was on the ethernet connected WDTV Live player).

see the reply above you
Yup, just checked...Kodi is back in the Play Store.
Has anybody successfully been able to bitstream Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA with this yet? I searched the thread and I see hypotheticals but nobody actually confirming that indeed it works (and without converting to PCM first; i.e. your AVR receives an actual bitstreamed signal.)
no
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-10-24, 19:56)viggs74 Wrote:
(2015-10-24, 19:42)scottfree1 Wrote: Are you sure you ever got it from the store? I blew out the google rom in favor of "lolirock" but I thought it was sideload only with the apk from here? http://kodi.tv/download/

Yup. Did not side load. Went right to play store as soon as I turned it on. Took all of two mintues to install after I turned it on the first time last week. Went to reinstall this morning after I noticed that in got accidentally deleted.......and it's gone. The app is still there when I look at the play store on my phone, ipad, pc, but it doesnt show up anymore through the nexus player.

I have lollirock and recently installed the new version from play store and it works fine
(2015-10-22, 22:38)GoodCode Wrote: These also went on sale in Canada (staples/indigo) for $69 (~$52 USD), so I have one on order. Not the super-hot Target price, but not bad.

A couple of questions:
1) Anyone have any luck with the super-cheap ebay USB to ethernet adapters (e.g. like this) It claims to use the AX88772 chipset, so in theory it should work....

2) Alternately, any decent adapters in the $10-$15 range?
I've seen recommendations for the Inateck or Plugable ones, but I'd rather not spend half the cost of the device just for wired ethernet

3) Can I use a USB/Ethernet adapter through a USB hub (can't think why not), or does it need to be direct?

I have one of the AX88772 usb to ether adapters and they work fine, I have since upgraded to wifi ac and it rocks. Wouldn't work via the hub.

You should look at lollirock custom rom on xda, a little on the techie should to flash, but well worth it. It provides full android UI, but does require a mouse.

Have it set up to a usb hub with a wireless mouse connected, also have a usb stick and external HD connected, all works well. Navigation is way faster with a mouse and kodi works great. Once you get tired of clicking around check it out.
(2015-10-22, 22:38)GoodCode Wrote: These also went on sale in Canada (staples/indigo) for $69 (~$52 USD), so I have one on order. Not the super-hot Target price, but not bad.

A couple of questions:
1) Anyone have any luck with the super-cheap ebay USB to ethernet adapters (e.g. like this) It claims to use the AX88772 chipset, so in theory it should work...

I use this and it works perfectly. No fuss.

http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Ethernet-...00RM3KXAU/
I have a nexus player running 6.0 with Kodi installed from the Play Store.

I'm streaming a blu-ray remux file I made over 802.11ac wifi without any stuttering (surprisingly). I can also see that Kodi switched the framerate down to 24hz for playback, great!

However, the remux has DTS-HDMA audio. With passthrough enabled, I only get DTS. With passthrough disabled, I can see my receiver get multichannel LPCM.

My question is two parts: Is there a way to get DTS-HDMA passthrough? If not, how do I know if the LPCM is created from the full DTS-HDMA audio stream and not just the DTS core?

I searched through this thread (among other places) and I feel like most of the information is outdated now with the release of android 6.0.
Hello everybody !

Any news about the support of USB OTG in Kodi ?
Has anybody noticed that exiting Kodi on the Nexus Player takes a long longer than it does on an ARM tablet or phone?
Hi Everyone. I have read all 45 pages and I didn't see the question or answer for my issues. I'm still a newbe to this so here goes......

I have the NP running the latest version of Kodi with no configuration changes. I have Comcast WIFI and my speed tests look good.
Here is the issue:

1. When trying to load certain movies (HQ or higher) at first the screen goes black to begin with (I assume it is caching the video) then after a few minutes I'll get the message the my cache is full and the movie cancels. How can this be corrected?

Again, I've not rooted this unit or done anything other than plug it in and load Kodi.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
(2015-11-01, 04:01)iissmart Wrote: However, the remux has DTS-HDMA audio. With passthrough enabled, I only get DTS. With passthrough disabled, I can see my receiver get multichannel LPCM.

My question is two parts: Is there a way to get DTS-HDMA passthrough? If not, how do I know if the LPCM is created from the full DTS-HDMA audio stream and not just the DTS core?

HD audio is not supported with Android Kodi until Kodi 17. There is something about LPCM, but I haven't paid close enough attention to answer the question. Have a search on the Shield TV thread where this question gets asked every 4 posts - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220297
(2015-10-14, 00:24)meccs Wrote: Is there a Frame Rate Automation Kernel for the Nexus Player available to get true 24p, meaning 23.976? My TV supports 24p but I still get the ~40 second stutter even with "Adjusted Refresh Rate" since the "Sync" option doesn't work, even on Android M.

I'm surprised this isn't more of a discussed issue. The lack of 23.976 means you get a very small but noticeable stutter which gets increasingly annoying even though it's tiny. Why is it not possible to fix this? Is there really no way to make kodi play the correct rate on np at all?
Yes there is and its up to Google to fix it in the Firmware itself. You need to voice your request with them, it has nothing to do with Kodi.

This is very unlikely to happen when you have competing devices from Amazon and Apple that also do not support 24p video sync.

• 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Nexus Player7