• 53(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
Because this problem may not necessarily be the box's fault because the implementations of CEC on many TV's is crappy and it is extremely hard to point the finger at the actual culprit.
Yes and no, if the same TV works with the RPi or the Pule Eight device, the finger points back to the vidon device. At the least they should be investigating and trying to fix.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-03-26, 05:57)nickr Wrote: Yes and no, if the same TV works with the RPi or the Pule Eight device, the finger points back to the vidon device. At the least they should be investigating and trying to fix.
The issue has been investigated. Pin 13 of the HDMI output is constantly live, that screws up CEC communication for 'all devices' that have CEC enabled. As I mentioned before, the same thing happens with my Now TV box. And my Mele A1000G Quad and a few other Android STB's. From what I understand it's a hardware issue that can't be fixed with a software patch.

Indeed, if you put the phrase 'HDMI pin-13 connection problems' into Google, there's a whole load of posts about the subject. Somebody has even manufactured an HDMI 'CEC Less' adaptor to get around the issue Wink

So there you have it...
(2015-03-26, 17:27)SeeMoreDigital Wrote:
(2015-03-26, 05:57)nickr Wrote: Yes and no, if the same TV works with the RPi or the Pule Eight device, the finger points back to the vidon device. At the least they should be investigating and trying to fix.
The issue has been investigated. Pin 13 of the HDMI output is constantly live, that screws up CEC communication for 'all devices' that have CEC enabled. As I mentioned before, the same thing happens with my Now TV box. And my Mele A1000G Quad and a few other Android STB's. From what I understand it's a hardware issue that can't be fixed with a software patch.

Indeed, if you put the phrase 'HDMI pin-13 connection problems' into Google, there's a whole load of posts about the subject. Somebody has even manufactured an HDMI 'CEC Less' adaptor to get around the issue Wink

So there you have it...

Maybe Vidon should start to bundle the adapter into new Vidon boxes sold.. It seams only fair as they are aware of the issue.... I personally had to spend $15 on the device which put the price of the box up for me and was an unexpected expense..
(2015-03-26, 17:27)SeeMoreDigital Wrote:

So there you have it...

So you are confirming that Vidon are knowingly shipping faulty hardware. Thanks.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-03-26, 21:04)nickr Wrote: So you are confirming that Vidon are knowingly shipping faulty hardware. Thanks.
No, I'm not saying that at all... Indeed if people like you followed that line of crappy ill conceived logic, you better give Sky a call too!
SMD, we know that you represent Vidon.me's interests here. This means you write misleading information by trying to put a bad product into better light. Why do you state that some other Android Boxes are blocking HDMI CEC function? This is out of interest here! If there are such boxes all of them are faulty! And this would be sufficient to return them and get a full refund. Moreover the Vidon Box can't play 25Hz and 29.97Hz BD video without stuttering. Also this is a sign of a faulty product. This is one of the main features of a Media Player where the Vidon Box fails.
(2015-03-27, 17:36)cmdr.adama Wrote: SMD, we know that you represent Vidon.me's interests here. This means you write misleading information by trying to put a bad product into better light. Why do you state that some other Android Boxes are blocking HDMI CEC function? This is out of interest here! If there are such boxes all of them are faulty! And this would be sufficient to return them and get a full refund. Moreover the Vidon Box can't play 25Hz and 29.97Hz BD video without stuttering. Also this is a sign of a faulty product. This is one of the main features of a Media Player where the Vidon Box fails.

Forums should have a "like" button similar to Facebook...
(2015-03-27, 17:36)cmdr.adama Wrote: Moreover the Vidon Box can't play 25Hz and 29.97Hz BD video without stuttering. Also this is a sign of a faulty product. This is one of the main features of a Media Player where the Vidon Box fails.

The RPi/RPi2 cannot play Blu-ray 3D iso, so it is a faulty product. This is one of the main features of a Media Player where the RPi fails.
RPi2 can now play 3d MVC MKVs and 3D ISO support is just a question of time!
I like the RPi2 as well and hope that iso will be supported soon. But unfortunately the rpi2 will never support bitstreaming of hd audio.
(2015-03-28, 10:04)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote:
(2015-03-27, 17:36)cmdr.adama Wrote: Moreover the Vidon Box can't play 25Hz and 29.97Hz BD video without stuttering. Also this is a sign of a faulty product. This is one of the main features of a Media Player where the Vidon Box fails.

The RPi/RPi2 cannot play Blu-ray 3D iso, so it is a faulty product. This is one of the main features of a Media Player where the RPi fails.

The RPi is sold as a device for education and tinkering. It is not sold as a media player.

The fact it that makes a supremely good media player is a bonus, and that it comes so close to beating out devices sold as dedicated media players should be a source of deep embarrassment to anyone selling dedicated media players.
(2015-03-28, 10:14)cmdr.adama Wrote: RPi2 can now play 3d MVC MKVs and 3D ISO support is just a question of time!

And to play 25Hz and 29.970Hz BD without stuttering for VidOn XBMC is just a question of time!
We'll see. You know this problem since half a year and until now it wasn't solved. You have so many problems with your box like HDMI sync, HDMI CEC, BD menu playback, ... that I don't beleave that you will solve them. I is more likely that you will bring a new box onto the market with new problems. Maybe you will prefere B2B market. But any new box I might be interested in the future will be Vidon Outside!
(2015-03-28, 10:04)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote:

You know I really wish you would stop with this type of posting. Why not stick to posting about your product instead of sounding like a ass. I have been reading about your product and how you keep posting about it as if it were the greatest thing since sliced bread. But the reality of the situation is quite the opposite. I have a great idea for you, why not concentrate on improving your product to the point it has zero issues so that your customers will get the box that you continue to hype so much.

By the way, what did the RPi/RPi 2 do to you that warrant you to put it down. Or is the case that it takes putting down another product to boost the image of your product.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3