• 16(current)
[RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin
OK - the UserAgent appears to be "iTunes-AppleTV/4.1", and I do not get any errors after changing to that. Too early to watch a Live game and test though.
I just said, I haven't been buffering badly as other people. I'm on the same user-agent as everyone else. To change user-agent "google" one you want to use and paste it into the settings field.
Hey guys - Did I do something wrong? I can't see the line to change the UserType, this is how my settings.xml file looks like:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<settings>

<setting value="false" id="alternativevs"/>

<setting value="0" id="background"/>

<setting value="0" id="background_osd"/>

<setting value="false" id="delete_thumbnails"/>

<setting value="false" id="generate_thumbnails"/>

<setting value="false" id="hide_live_games"/>

<setting value="" id="password"/>

<setting value="4" id="quality"/>

<setting value="1" id="quality_classic"/>

<setting value="false" id="rogerslogin"/>

<setting value="true" id="show_score"/>

<setting value="0" id="team_names"/>

<setting value="0" id="thumb_format"/>

<setting value="0" id="thumb_format_osd"/>

<setting value="false" id="use_addon_icon"/>

<setting value="true" id="use_thumbnails"/>

<setting value="PS3Application libhttp/4.5.5-000 (CellOS)" id="useragent"/>

<setting value="" id="username"/>

</settings>

EDIT: I think I just figured out that I need to edit this file directly from the.zip file (not by going into the plug-in as it exists on my OPENELEC NUC unit. Will try to install my edited version on top of the existing plug-in.
I still get buffering even after changing to the iTunes-AppleTV/4.1 profile. So I'm not convinced that the buffering has anything to do with the device profile setting in the add-on.
Tried three different user agents: Apple TV, Roku, PS4. All returned the same link. So I'm doubtful you would see any difference in stream quality when changing user-agent. Anyone else find anything different?

Note: I've been watching the Sabres/ Minnesota (@ 5000kpbs) game without any issues tonight. Using the same ps3 user-agent as always.
I returned the AppleTV back to the store. While I was testing it, it performed best out of all my devices.

All the games tonight are buffering bad (even at1600K) except the Buffalo/Minnesota which seems perfect at 5000K
Bizare. I used to have trouble like that back in London (Ontario) all the time. Here in Sydney not so much. When I was having problems I did a speedtest then a wget on one of the segments and sent a traceroute to the host holding the segment (when it was slow) and emailed their tech support all the information. It took a lot of back and fourth but eventually they acknowledged an issue with their CDN in my area.

Update: Just tried the Bos/Mtl game here and its fine at 5Kbps.
Ok... I switched to Carolina Winnipeg during intermission. Hasn't buffered yet on 3000k on fire tv.,
Still get scripting error, downloaded and installed the latest from the link on the front page, though it shows as 0.8.0. What can I provide to help debug further? Running XBMC from Ouya.
(2014-11-14, 05:02)bprintz Wrote: Still get scripting error, downloaded and installed the latest from the link on the front page, though it shows as 0.8.0. What can I provide to help debug further? Running XBMC from Ouya.

A debug log
I noticed that when its buffering, it can take up to 2 minutes to reach 100%, what can cause it to take that long ?
Where's is the debug log saved to in android?
(2014-11-14, 05:14)bprintz Wrote: Where's is the debug log saved to in android?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
Thanks for the info on getting logs.

Looks like my device was having issues connecting outside the network... trying to resolve now.
Watched a fellow last night while I was at the Flames game in front of me watching the Oilers game on his phone with XBMC + this app. Pretty small world, had a good chat.

Anyways, in response to everyone's issues, 95% sure this is an issue with NHL's servers and not XBMC or the addon itself. Might be a stupid question for those having issues, wired or wireless?
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin7