• 14(current)
Broken OpenWeatherMap Extended
I'm a new user, so I may be doing something wrong. But right now I have my location set as New York (US) and it's saying the temperature is -2F. All google results show a temperature of 14-17F. Why is it so inaccurate?

I'm using Helix.
(2015-02-21, 06:59)Peredonov Wrote: I'm a new user, so I may be doing something wrong. But right now I have my location set as New York (US) and it's saying the temperature is -2F. All google results show a temperature of 14-17F. Why is it so inaccurate?

I'm using Helix.

it matches with what's listed at openweathermap.org
the current temp (at the time of writing) is -8.3F
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Seems to be a common problem. openweathermap.org is reporting my current weather as clear skies and 11F. The actual weather is cloudy and 21F. Perhaps openweathermap is having problems with US weather in general.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Hello

I have an issue with map.py on a fire tv as well. This happens after I select it as my default weather addon, and then randomly throughout kodi usage. Here is the error message:

Code:
14:37:38 T:1700091160   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named PIL
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.spmc/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/resources/lib/maps.py", line 4, in <module>
                                                from PIL import Image
                                            ImportError: No module named PIL
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Full log from when i select openweathermap as my default here: http://pastebin.com/fN0KXqkD

Caddon

Edit: just noticed this on kodi 14.2 beta bug fixes, so maybe not an addon issue:

* Fix: packaging of PIL module on Android. This fixes some script error when using weather add-on
Since few days, the plugin doesn't show temperature for me. I'm in France.

Does it work for you ?
Hi Ronie,

I look at open weather map on the website and I see two layers OpenCycleMap and OpenStreetMap.Can you add the possibility to choose between these two layers.

Regards
(2015-02-27, 10:42)ciprijan Wrote: Hi Ronie,

I look at open weather map on the website and I see two layers OpenCycleMap and OpenStreetMap.Can you add the possibility to choose between these two layers.

Regards

hmm.. why?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Because on this base map is not well visible clouds, for example, guess due to the gray surface.
(2015-02-27, 20:31)ciprijan Wrote: Because on this base map is not well visible clouds, for example, guess due to the gray surface.

the map color depends quite a bit on the zoom level you're using.
if you zoom out, it will be green. if you zoom in a lot, it'll turn to grey

the actual transparency level of the layers is determined by the skin.
assuming you're using confluence, i agree it could use some fine-tuning.

the opencycle map isn't exactly pretty:
http://www.opencyclemap.org/?zoom=8&lat=...yers=B0000

so, i'll probably work on how the maps are presented in confluence
(as soon as openweathermap fixes their layers issues)
Updated to Kodi v15 alpha 1 and am using weather script version 1.1.1 from this post. I am getting an error on startup here is my debug log.

Thank you.
(2015-03-02, 00:20)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Updated to Kodi v15 alpha 1 and am using weather script version 1.1.1 from this post. I am getting an error on startup here is my debug log.

Thank you.

thanx! that will be fixed in v1.1.2, which i'll upload to the addon repo today.
Not to be a troll, but I am wondering if any AFTV users have been able to get this weather add-on to correctly function? I had previously posted in this thread, and at the time there was some sort of Android specific bug causing errors. After Kodi v14.2, and now v15, being released and reporting that some Android fixes were applied, I was wondering if this is now functioning as expected?
Same issue does not seem to work on my FireTV Stick on Kodi 14.1
Hope there is a fix soon

Thanks all
(2015-03-02, 19:05)DruTheFu Wrote: Not to be a troll, but I am wondering if any AFTV users have been able to get this weather add-on to correctly function? I had previously posted in this thread, and at the time there was some sort of Android specific bug causing errors. After Kodi v14.2, and now v15, being released and reporting that some Android fixes were applied, I was wondering if this is now functioning as expected?

Upgrade to 14.2 then and try.
Getting ERROR Script Failed MAPS.PY... using Rapier Skin... Kodi 14.1 - Android Asus Tf201 stock OS 4.1.1.... everything else is excellent....
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenWeatherMap Extended2