• 34(current)
Broken OpenWeatherMap Extended
(2016-01-06, 20:51)petitdroud Wrote: Hello,

First of all, thanks for this great addon. Cool

I noticed a small bug if you use it in some very special case:

I don't know if it can be reproduce in many case but when I used it with Jarvis and Bello Fredo skin the weather Icons are not displayed at all.

I check the addon and found the reason:

In default.py to have a correct display I had to replace the line 30 from WEATHER_ICON = xbmc.translatePath('%s.png').decode("utf-8") to WEATHER_ICON = xbmc.translatePath('special://temp/weather/%s.png').decode("utf-8")

With this modification the addon is working with bello fredo but also with all other skin in Jarvis even the one not upgraded to Jarvis and manually installed.

Ronnie Could you have a look and if there is no other side effects and if you agree include this mod in your addon? Huh

This can probably also help for the previous message from thothom and jhwharto

(2015-12-26, 21:17)jhwharto Wrote:
(2015-09-06, 15:13)thothom Wrote: Weather icons not showing up for this add-on or the Yahoo weather add-on

Had same problem on Debian Jessie 32 or 64 bit, Kodi installed from backports repository. File /usr/share/kodi/media/weather.zip missing.

Copied from another box (OSMC running on raspberry pi) and all is now well.

dpkg -L does not show this file, so maybe the debian Kodi packages are broken.

PetitDroud

Hi, did you have bello extrapack and or bello 15.2 build installed?
I ask because I'm on latest Jarvis RC2 with last bello build for 15.2 and after applying your mod still no icons are displayed when I clic on Weather. Icons do show in widgets view though.

T.I.A hope I can get it working.

PS: .png weather icons within skin.bello folder are located in: skin.bello>media>weather>icons. I noticed they are the same icons that come with Kodi by default (doesn't use weather.zip anymore) but smaller.
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
Upgraded from XBMC to Kodi and have begun setting it up again. I recently started working on the weather and installed the openweather-extended and have also created and installed the api for the functions. Unfortunately the add-on does not function and will not update the weather at all and only the current day will show and it is wrong it seems the add-on is being closed before it even begins to do anything. was hoping maybe a fresh set of eyes on the log may be able to see what is causing this particular error to occur and what i can do to fix it without having to resort to installing wunderground instead. Here is where i pasted my log I would appreciate any ideas thank you.

http://goo.gl/cisdet
looks like you haven't properly selected any locations.
you need to configure them on the 'location setup' tab.
perhaps you've used the 'expert' tab instead, which won't work.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hello, I was wondering what is the rules for this addon to remove things from the maps directory? Is it size limited, or time, or no purge?
(2016-04-24, 20:32)lharms Wrote: Hello, I was wondering what is the rules for this addon to remove things from the maps directory? Is it size limited, or time, or no purge?

the area maps for locations will never be purged.
all of the forecast maps will be purged each time weather is refreshed.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Why are never purged? They are used in other moment?

I saw that I had +500MB of files in the different subfolders of maps. I add a crontab line to purge, every night, the +24 hours files. This can do some problem? Because i can't understand why the script stores all this maps from 2 months ago.
(2016-06-03, 16:10)Julipo Wrote: Why are never purged? They are used in other moment?

I saw that I had +500MB of files in the different subfolders of maps. I add a crontab line to purge, every night, the +24 hours files. This can do some problem? Because i can't understand why the script stores all this maps from 2 months ago.

only the streetmap is cached, so we don't have to re-download it every 30 minutes, when fresh weather data is fetched.
this shouldn't be much of a problem, unless you switch to a new location very frequently.
I don't know if i mistake the addon (and I'm writtring in other addon thread) or I'm missundestanding something with "only the streetmap", but I have all the downloads since I installed the addon in these folders:

script.openweathermap.maps/maps/cloudsmap
script.openweathermap.maps/maps/precipmap
script.openweathermap.maps/maps/pressuremap
script.openweathermap.maps/maps/tempmap
script.openweathermap.maps/maps/windmap

Every folder have this content, supose cloudsmap:
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
9.png
cloudsmap-1464904498.png
cloudsmap-1464906303.png

It has one "type-timesamp.png" file every 1800 seconds. These files is that I need to delete with the crontab and what take +500 MB.

There is one final folder:
streetmap-{hash}

That only contains:
1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 7.png 8.png 9.png streetmap.png

It doesn't have the format "type-timestamp.png"

So the only folder that is not growing is just the streetmap folder.

Is possible that I need to configure something that I miss?
ok, the addon should delete all those folders and their contents (except the streetmap folder) each time the addon runs.

could you provide a Debug Log (follow the steps in the first post)?
Kodi need to be run in debug mode? (I don't see nothing in Info mode)

¿What interval you need? ¿1800 seconds to see what happens between executions?
(2016-06-07, 12:03)Julipo Wrote: Kodi need to be run in debug mode? (I don't see nothing in Info mode)

¿What interval you need? ¿1800 seconds to see what happens between executions?

both explained in the first post Smile

kodi and the addon need to have debugging enabled.
i only need a log of the first few minutes after starup.
Having the same issue with >700MB of maps

Here's a debug log: http://pastebin.com/fbP5NhPs

I refreshed the weather a few times
Hi there's a localization issue with the german translation. English string is "Broken Clouds" and german version has "Defekt Wolken" (which means technically broken and is funny but wrong). A better translation would be "Leicht bewölkt" which means something like "lightly cloudy". I could not find the localization for this on GitHub. Could someone go ahead and improve the localization?

Broken means defekt but it's the wrong context here. Defekt means defective / faulty.
Hi ronie,

Someone posted a log on the TvTunes forum:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2359243

I noticed there was a "weather.openweathermap" script error in there, so thought I'd post here in case it is of any help:

Code:
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
    Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
    Error Contents: ('deg',)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/Users/MjW/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap/default.py", line 630, in <module>
    forecast(location, locationid)
      File "/Users/MjW/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap/default.py", line 191, in forecast
    properties(now,fc,hd,loc)
      File "/Users/MjW/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap/default.py", line 344, in properties
    set_property('Current.WindUserUnit'         , xbmc.getLocalizedString(434) % (winddir(now['wind']['deg'], 1), convert_unit(2, now['wind']['speed'], SPEEDUNIT), SPEEDUNIT))
    KeyError: ('deg',)
    -->End of Python script error report<--

(I believe they are running on MacOS, in case that helps)

Thanks
Rob
thanx rob :-)

i need the full log though, which isn't available anymore, as it seems.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenWeatherMap Extended2