• 10(current)
Release NBC Sports Live Extra
Im watchin the chelsea game usin smartdns A free 2 week trial and its playin flawless, im in the UK
i too have smartdns free trial and a .vpn working, but i still cannot get any live sports.The only thing i get up is the odd video from spotlight but only for US sports,for the rest i just get the odd message saying "one or more item not working".Very frustrating.
(2014-12-22, 22:41)Krust11 Wrote: Thanks for the replies,

I am using an Ethernet connection to my modem. Makes no difference.

I'm interested to know if anyone can recommend VPN service- preferably one that I can set up easily with the raspberry pi. I went for VPNicity as they have an addon. Seems to work as I'm getting a picture for the Chelsea game tonight but every 20 seconds it buffers. Pretty much unwatchable ??

I would guess you're using an over subscribed service, I read somewhere that someone has made a Kodi addon that uses the PIA VPN service, sorry I can't remember where I saw it now but it may be worth doing a search for that on Google,
or maybe someone here knows where you can get it or tell you how to add a VPN into your Pi independently of Kodi.

(2014-12-23, 16:10)rangerb Wrote: i too have smartdns free trial and a .vpn working, but i still cannot get any live sports.The only thing i get up is the odd video from spotlight but only for US sports,for the rest i just get the odd message saying "one or more item not working".Very frustrating.

I had a similar problem on one of my Windows tablets, despite it being set up exactly the same as all my other devices I just couldn't get any live streams on this addon to work on it.
Eventually I changed the mac address on it and have had flawless playback ever since.
The PIA addon is only available in Openelec.
The chelsea game bufferin for me, anyone else havin probs? iv adjusted the diff resolution in the addon settings but makes no diff?
(2014-12-26, 16:27)smurff33 Wrote: The chelsea game bufferin for me, anyone else havin probs? iv adjusted the diff resolution in the addon settings but makes no diff?

Yep same for me
No buffering here.
(2014-12-26, 16:59)Arse4life Wrote: No buffering here.

What game u watchin, were in the world are u?
Wow this addond is amazing!

Now watching ARS Vs QPR on FIOS stream sometimes goes as far 10mbps and for few seconds 20-30 mbps.

I was ready to put in my account to stream but in settings I was only able to find quality and wow it's great!

how does this app function without account? I am in the US if it makes a difference.

Thanks!
(2014-12-26, 17:28)smurff33 Wrote:

Was watching chavs earlier. Watching Arsenal now. USA
(2014-12-26, 20:18)Arse4life Wrote:
(2014-12-26, 17:28)smurff33 Wrote:

Was watching chavs earlier. Watching Arsenal now. USA

you in the US? I am and I was wondering how come NBC requires US ip to watch it. Their site shows you have to log in with your cable provider to watch.

I wonder how it works without loggin in Smile

Also for Dev: the stream is about 50 seconds behind I honestly don't care because I apperciate the quality! Smile it might be nbcs fault tho.

(2014-12-22, 22:41)Krust11 Wrote: Thanks for the replies,

I am using an Ethernet connection to my modem. Makes no difference.

I'm interested to know if anyone can recommend VPN service- preferably one that I can set up easily with the raspberry pi. I went for VPNicity as they have an addon. Seems to work as I'm getting a picture for the Chelsea game tonight but every 20 seconds it buffers. Pretty much unwatchable ??

Try ipvanish,I am in the US but I use it to make some streams simply buffer better I don't use it for NBC because I don't need it but like I said it's a good service and should make most streaming services make run even better.
I've had the same problems today with buffering. I've been using VPNicity and IBVPN, both buffering heavily. Just tried a free trial of Smart DNS and it's much better. Getting some buffering on highest qualities, but I think that's just my internet connection (although it's speedtesting at 17mb/s)
(2014-12-26, 21:09)jakewalton4 Wrote: I've had the same problems today with buffering. I've been using VPNicity and IBVPN, both buffering heavily. Just tried a free trial of Smart DNS and it's much better. Getting some buffering on highest qualities, but I think that's just my internet connection (although it's speedtesting at 17mb/s)

You might have buffering issues because vpn usually slows down your connection you need to have good reliable VPN I have 84 mbps download / 92 upload and most vpns can't handle that.
Iv been using smart dns on a 100mb connection for the last 2 weeks and today is the first day iv had bufferin issues?
(2014-12-26, 21:15)smurff33 Wrote: Iv been using smart dns on a 100mb connection for the last 2 weeks and today is the first day iv had bufferin issues?

Do a speedtest while on "DNS/VPN" whatever you are using to YOUR-Closest server example:

if I am in NY I would type: newyork.speedtest.net
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NBC Sports Live Extra13