• 98(current)
Release NBC Sports Live Extra
(2015-07-31, 14:49)toshibanull Wrote:
(2015-07-31, 13:16)Jamesp99 Wrote: How are you controlling it when in the app?

I purchased a generic keypad from Ebay which has a mouse pad built in, so if I cannot get to a button on the NBC app with the FireTv remote, I just use the keyboards mouse pad. Cost about £9.

So a USB mouse plugged into the Amazon Fire TV itself should do the trick? I only have a laptop/don't have an external mouse or keyboard at the moment, but will get hold of a mouse if it's that simple. Or is a combined one needed for a mouse + keyboard for entering username/password?
(2015-08-01, 01:03)Jamesp99 Wrote:
(2015-07-31, 14:49)toshibanull Wrote:
(2015-07-31, 13:16)Jamesp99 Wrote: How are you controlling it when in the app?

I purchased a generic keypad from Ebay which has a mouse pad built in, so if I cannot get to a button on the NBC app with the FireTv remote, I just use the keyboards mouse pad. Cost about £9.

So a USB mouse plugged into the Amazon Fire TV itself should do the trick? I only have a laptop/don't have an external mouse or keyboard at the moment, but will get hold of a mouse if it's that simple. Or is a combined one needed for a mouse + keyboard for entering username/password?

The keyboard certainly makes username and password entry easier but the fire tv remote can do that too, just slower. It's getting to the buttons on the apps interface that the mouse is handy for, so usb mouse should be fine although I've only ever used the keyboard/mouse combo.
(2015-07-31, 06:31)Rattaz1981 Wrote: I've been able to install the addon in Kodi, plays the free stuff but when in trying to put my Direct TV username and password in the login it keeps telling me to check Username and Password is correct and it is. Any ideas how to resolve this. Other than that the addon is working great on my IMX6 Box.

I'm getting this with my Comcast login details.

I know they are right as I've tested the nbc app on my iPad and it works fine.
I am using Kodi 14.2 on windows 7 find with my Comcast Xfinity log on living in the UK with the latest release 31.7.2015 it asks me to verify my username and password and won't play never had this before so I have rolled it back to the 6.7.2015 release and it works excellent you can find a download here http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/GFaxFkYC/file.html hope this helps anybody with the same problem.
(2015-08-01, 17:50)B.Moxham Wrote:
(2015-07-31, 06:31)Rattaz1981 Wrote: I've been able to install the addon in Kodi, plays the free stuff but when in trying to put my Direct TV username and password in the login it keeps telling me to check Username and Password is correct and it is. Any ideas how to resolve this. Other than that the addon is working great on my IMX6 Box.

you need to change your provider to comcast manually if you have updated to the new version of the addon
(2015-08-01, 17:57)j2220 Wrote:
(2015-08-01, 17:50)B.Moxham Wrote:

you need to change your provider to comcast manually if you have updated to the new version of the addon

I have within the configure part of the addon.
(2015-07-31, 13:41)joshclare Wrote:
(2015-07-30, 21:56)Olliepop Wrote:
(2015-07-30, 14:26)joshclare Wrote: olliepop, please could you pm me your email address as i cannot pm you on here? thanks

What for? Lol

i have previously spoken to you via PM and was after some advise. thank you
Can't you PM me? My inbox isn't full?
I'm a new user with the following set up:

- Accessing from the UK
- Latest version of the NBC Sports add on
- a Comcast Xfinity subscriber account which works fully on their site
-A VPN set up via unblock-us.com

I can successfully view all the content via the Comcast and NBC websites as well as the free stuff on the NBC add on from within Kodi. However, when I click subscriber content in the add on I get the 'log-in failed, verify username and password' message.

I also tried using Tunnelbear but got an 'authentication failed' message.

I've seen that you'll need a VPN rather than just a DNS service which is what I have but it's still not working.

What can I do from this point to get things back up and running?
(2015-08-01, 23:42)hoolicooluk Wrote: I'm a new user with the following set up:

- Accessing from the UK
- Latest version of the NBC Sports add on
- a Comcast Xfinity subscriber account which works fully on their site
-A VPN set up via unblock-us.com

I can successfully view all the content via the Comcast and NBC websites as well as the free stuff on the NBC add on from within Kodi. However, when I click subscriber content in the add on I get the 'log-in failed, verify username and password' message.

I also tried using Tunnelbear but got an 'authentication failed' message.

I've seen that you'll need a VPN rather than just a DNS service which is what I have but it's still not working.

What can I do from this point to get things back up and running?

It's trial and error with the VPN. If one location doesn't work try a different usa location, that worked for me. Have you got Comcast selected on provider on the plugin? I had Midwest working perfect but then it stopped working and I had to choose Florida!
(2015-08-02, 00:48)Olliepop Wrote: It's trial and error with the VPN. If one location doesn't work try a different usa location, that worked for me. Have you got Comcast selected on provider on the plugin? I had Midwest working perfect but then it stopped working and I had to choose Florida!

Yup I checked the account info is all set up correctly. Tunnel bear doesn't give you the chance to select a particular US location. If you can recommend some decent VPN options I'd appreciate it Smile

This was my most used add on last season so fingers crossed I can get it running just as smoothly.
Would it be possible to use a Directv account with unotelly smartdns because I'm getting the same login issue with xfinity?
(2015-08-02, 02:45)hoolicooluk Wrote:
(2015-08-02, 00:48)Olliepop Wrote: It's trial and error with the VPN. If one location doesn't work try a different usa location, that worked for me. Have you got Comcast selected on provider on the plugin? I had Midwest working perfect but then it stopped working and I had to choose Florida!
PIA VPN

Yup I checked the account info is all set up correctly. Tunnel bear doesn't give you the chance to select a particular US location. If you can recommend some decent VPN options I'd appreciate it Smile

This was my most used add on last season so fingers crossed I can get it running just as smoothly.
(2015-08-02, 09:10)zakjuan15 Wrote: Would it be possible to use a Directv account with unotelly smartdns because I'm getting the same login issue with xfinity?

Directv worked the other day for me with a DNS service but now needs a VPN.
(2015-07-31, 21:30)MJPorter89 Wrote: I am getting mixed results when using this latest update, Comcast Xfinity log in details, and PIA (Private Internet Access VPN).

When accessing the blue (live subscription) links, I am more often than not getting the "Failed to Authorize" error message. If I do get a blue stream to work and then stop the stream I could then get the error. Or I could get the error and then try again x number of times and it could then work. There appears to be no pattern to the streams working / not working.

Is anyone else experiencing these mixed results?

Matt

I now have my streams working, I had to change my PIA VPN location from US Midwest to US Florida for this to work.

@eracknaphobia excellent work getting this back up and running!!
This is just a guess. I've not researched into it at all, but for those going through trial and error searches to find a VPN server that works maybe also try changing the CDN setting in the addon, it may be that you need the west coast CDN for some locations and the east coast one for others
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NBC Sports Live Extra13