XBMC help for newbie with ouya
Hi there everyone i hope somebody could spare the time to help me, i have an ouya and had a standard setup for xmbc which somebody showed me but i have now installed Gotham 13.2 onto it but by the looks of it i still have the previous version installed aswell.

if i click onto the new version i dont have any items on there which i would expect but i am not sure how to add stuff onto it could anybody give me some advice please not very good at this kind of stuff infact blows my mind lol..

think i started to follow a guide that asks you to go into install from zip file and then repositories but i dont have that option there ? maybe im being stupid.

like i said any help would be much appreciated

thanks in advance
PXIII,
Check the link below which have all the info you need and the correct build for your ouya.
http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?8220-SPMC-Koying
Hi, I installed the Gotham 13.1 as shown on this link below. It lauches fine but when I press any button on the controller from the main menu it kicks me out of XBMC. I did have the OUYA(12.2) version uninstalled. Would there be files still left over from that install that is causing a conflict to the Gotham.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_XBMC_on_OUYA
(2014-10-26, 13:21)PrestonXIII Wrote: Hi there everyone i hope somebody could spare the time to help me, i have an ouya and had a standard setup for xmbc which somebody showed me but i have now installed Gotham 13.2 onto it but by the looks of it i still have the previous version installed aswell.

if i click onto the new version i dont have any items on there which i would expect but i am not sure how to add stuff onto it could anybody give me some advice please not very good at this kind of stuff infact blows my mind lol..

think i started to follow a guide that asks you to go into install from zip file and then repositories but i dont have that option there ? maybe im being stupid.

like i said any help would be much appreciated

thanks in advance

This happens when modified versions are created, as they are seen as separate apps. Normally, when you update the software and it comes from the same developer (such as the official versions), it will just work because it's only seen as one app and not an additional app. Because of this, the settings are stored per app.

However, migration is fairly easy.

Go into the older version and install the add-on called "XBMC Backup". You can use a USB drive or a network share for the backup, if you don't have enough space on the OUYA. Then go into the new version of XBMC and install the XBMC Backup add-on again, and then use the restore function. There you should be able to select the backup you made before, and all of your settings will be transferred over.

The upside of this is you also get a backup in case anything ever happens, or if you want to try out a similar device (if the hardware is very different then you still want to check the settings, but it normally "just works"). You can jump from different version of XBMC/Kodi, different devices, etc, and not have to worry about losing everything you've set up.
(2014-10-26, 16:42)Tommer230 Wrote: Hi, I installed the Gotham 13.1 as shown on this link below. It lauches fine but when I press any button on the controller from the main menu it kicks me out of XBMC. I did have the OUYA(12.2) version uninstalled. Would there be files still left over from that install that is causing a conflict to the Gotham.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_XBMC_on_OUYA

When you uninstall something on Android/OUYA then it should uninstall all the support files and settings as well, so nothing should be left over.

I've updated that wiki page to show how to install 13.2, so I would try upgrading to that and see if it fixes the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC help for newbie with ouya0