Second screen with player info - coding needed
Dear coders and developers,

One of the things kodi really misses is the ability to display off-screen information about the video that is playing...
Just like bluray & dvd players do on their LCD display (the time of the movie, chapter etc) that way you always see the progress of the file playing without having to press 'ok' or 'info'

My idea is to develop an app for your tablet/phone to display this info... Maybe even something fancy with the cover also showing? Then there can be a dock next to your tv screen with the tablet or phone in it showin this info at all time

It should be something like the remote apps, but only info showing (bigger for readability)

Myself I have no experience in coding but my proffesion in daily life is graphic development.
I would be more than happy to contribute by providing artwork for this if anyone is intrestested in colaborating on this! Share your ideas!
you could write a simple webinterface doing what you want or modify an existing one to your needs - it's probably the easiest coding language to learn compared to Java and ObjectiveC.
Or use an lcd display and the lcd addon ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
LCDProc (wiki)

I keep meaning to update the page and do a newbie guide, since I've semi-recently gotten into this myself. It's easier to set up than that page implies.

However, what if you don't have LCD hardware and instead want to use a small tablet or phone? In that case, I'd love to see a marriage between da-anda's suggestion the LCD feature, where someone creates a simple web UI that works the same way and uses the same lcd.xml file for easy configuration (major bonus points for an add-on that can replace manual editing of lcd.xml with something in the GUI).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Second screen with player info - coding needed0