Audio pass-through problem
Hi

I am currently experiencing problems with Audio pass-though on my current setup.

Setup:
XBMC 13.2
HTPC: Sapphire Edge VS4 AMD APU A4 1.9GHz Dual Core with ATI AMD RadeonTM HD7400G
4GB Ram
Windows 8.0 64bit
AVR: Yamaha RX-675
TV: Samsung LED F series

Connected as HTPC ==> AVR ==> TV via HDMI cables.

Using WASAPI HDMI as both audio and pass-through device list on 5.1ch setup
Drivers: Catalyst 14.4 with audio driver 8.0.0.8815

All Realtek drivers removed, running only AMD / ATI drivers

Windows Sound device info shows correct supported devices (DTS / DTS-HD, etc). Sound device correctly configured for exclusive usage.

Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=329796

Problem:
Whenever I try to use audio passthrough to the AVR, I get no sound. When the supported format options are deselected in the XBMC Audio settings tab, then it works fine.
But selecting an option for pass though gives no sound.

Tried this with variations on Directsound and WASAPI - no difference.

The only thing that is weird is that the TV name is displayed in the Windows sound info tab, but correct supported formats shows up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Maybe a AVR issue? Is your AVR configure to passthrough the sound to the TV and let it do the decoding? Then it might be possible, that the TV isn´t capable of doing DTS or DTS-HD. Does a normal BR/DVD player work fine on your AVR?

I can´t see, that your AVR is detected in the logfile. Always the Samsung TV is detected on HDMI. You´re sure, that you don´t try to use the ARC from your TV to passthrough the sound to the AVR....like:

HTPC → HDMI → TV → HDMI (ARC) → AVR

That doesn´t work, because most TVs can´t passthrough a signal to the AVR which comes from another source as the TV itself.
Hi

I have tried with and without the ACR option of the AVR
enabled.

DVD also going to AvR works fine.

My connection is HTPC = AVR = TV
Update:

Problem solved.
After disconnecting all devices and reconnecting all devices with reboot of all devices, problem solved.

Have no idea why this happened, but did.
well...that happens sometimes. Bad or not fasten connections can cause wired issues.

Be aware that you power up your devices in a special order which would mean, you turn on your HTPC as the last device in the chain. This makes shure all other devices are on already and your HTPC will get the correct EDIDs from the connected devices.

Greetings

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio pass-through problem0