Pauses and freezes when playing films across the network
When I try to play a film via either XBMC's internal player or with MPC set as the external player it takes a minute or two to open the file and if you touch it during this period its likely to freee or crash. The machines have a wired connection so bandwith is unlikey to be an issue and if I play the same file through MPC without going through XBMC it loads straight away. I tried following the various guides for setting up Windows 7 to "play nice" with XBMC but to no avail. Is this an unavoidable performance issues caused by the interaction between XBMC and Windows 7 or is there some way around it?
A debug log posted to pastebin might help. This is completely avoidable.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi,

Tried a few things to sort it out from my end but with no success. Updated network and graphics drivers, updated MPC-HC, updated XBMC to 13.2. But the problem remains and possibly has become stranger. If I open a film across the network directly from MPC-HC it opens more or less straight away, if I open a film from the "Newly added" widget in XBMC it opens straight away. But now if I open a film via the normal film menu it does the same as before - times out and locks up necessitating a reset as neither xbmc nor mpc-hc can be shut down via the Control panel. Also it now launches two instances of MPC-HC (though if launched through any other menu it only launches one and plays fine across the network). I've uploaded a log here - http://www.filedropper.com/xbmcold
Use pastinbin.com for pasting logfiles
I would have but its too large, here it is on tny http://tny.cz/c1c69fab or paste.ee https://paste.ee/p/3gt0F
I had a similar problem with my windows vista try this settings>videos settings> Acceleration> unmark the Allow hardware acceleration mine as (DXVA2) it did the trick for me.Hope you have some luck
Hi, thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately that failed to resolve the issue
Still no solution, further testing shows the films launch fine from the files interface but run into issues if launched via playlist or the movie/film menu
(2014-11-30, 05:22)Uthred Wrote: Still no solution, further testing shows the films launch fine from the files interface but run into issues if launched via playlist or the movie/film menu

I have seen this described before, but not sure where to find the thread now.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ended up replacing my films menus with file nodes, which work fine but of course look a bit uglier and take "two steps" to launch the movie, but at least its working,. Still cant figure out why playlists lead to delays (video nodes also seem to lead to delays - only opening via the file menu works)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pauses and freezes when playing films across the network0