Kodi (Gotham 13.2) Crashes during Movies Update
also. did you try with helix yet?
Yes, both alpha and beta. Unless it is hidden, it is not generating a crashlog. Seems that the movie scraper just shuts everything off when it runs against the listed folder structure.

I just tried it against a ripped BluRay with the standard folder structure, and it had the same failure.

Rob
rename .xbmc or .kodi and reconfigure/restore source and try again.
Thanks for the suggestion. I hav done that several times. I have even re-flased to make sure all is clean and still no-go

Rob
That was a slammer and removed all your settings sources and everything else, so you end up with 0, so telling me it didnt work, I must seriously doubt that and be very dubious.you dont get a clean ready to be redone and work out-of-the-box.
Just trying to get this to work for me. I have purchased 3 MX3 boxes, tried all of them, re flashed all of them. Tried it with 13.2 , Helix alpha and beta,, TVMC, SPMC, and I can reproduce this 100% of the time with the above listed folder structures.

I have seen this error reported on several other forums and by numerous other people. It is looking like there is some sort of issue with the Movie scraper on any android version, but I am hitting a wall with trying to get assistance.

It works 100% of the time with a windows version, fails 100% of the time on Android.

I have reached the wall as what else to do and I guess unless someone else I can get someone else to step up and duplicate my issue, I guess I'll have to re-think and build up a windows STB.

I just cannot imagine I am the only one who is seeing this.
Can you try different movie scrapers and single out which ones work and which don't?
Tried about a dozen, including the Universal Scraper, all fail....
Crashlog for Android would be: logcat (wiki)
Found it, I guess. Seems like the smb client library reacts by crashing when some smb server implementations reply to a stat request on a file in a non-existing directory. This happens when a movie directory is scanned for DVD or Bluray files. Fixed it in my repo and sent a pull request.
Did someone implemented a fix for this? I am having this problem with my synology share as well...
My fix was removed from the repository. It worked but did not fix the actual cause and increased network traffic. I did find the real cause in the included samba library but did not not have enough time to find a good solution, sorry.
POST DELETED -- INCORRECT INFORMATION

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi (Gotham 13.2) Crashes during Movies Update0