• 109(current)
v21 fTV
(2015-10-09, 14:01)timanrebel Wrote: @deadman the widgets/shortcuts are linked to the position, not to the menu item. So when you move menu items up and down, the shortcuts do not. Not ideal, but please mind the skin is still in beta.

Lol will that explains allot. Thanks for the information was really helpful in order to understand how it works.
Great skin Hitcher, thank you.

I'm having problems with menu customisation displaying Top Rated Movies correctly. I have an extensive library 600+ movies, however when I open the Top Rated Movies section on the menu, it is only displaying 21 movies within this category.

All my movies have been scraped correctly with IMDB rating contained within the .nfo file and so not sure what's going wrong?

I'm running skin on a Amazon Fire Stick, with movies on an external nas drive connected to kodi via smb connection.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
(2015-10-09, 16:05)workstation Wrote:
(2015-10-07, 17:30)Stekarn Wrote: Great Work! Could you please share or tell me how you managed this? Huh

(2015-09-19, 18:29)workstation Wrote: I've now got it himself.
20 submenus (widgets), of which I need 18th
It works by outstanding, but it was a lot of work.
Per menu I can now create up to 20 sub-menus (widgets).

watch gallery

Translate this 4 with your XML and then you also have this feature.
I do not know whether it is really but it works
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wielpp27qx178...v.zip?dl=0

Could you clarify that a little better? What exactly is the archive zip and how is it applied to the extra widgets? I downloaded it to my phone and it said "bad zip" when i tried to extract. Thanks.
(2015-10-10, 23:49)Route6 Wrote:
(2015-10-09, 16:05)workstation Wrote:
(2015-10-07, 17:30)Stekarn Wrote: Great Work! Could you please share or tell me how you managed this? Huh

Translate this 4 with your XML and then you also have this feature.
I do not know whether it is really but it works
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wielpp27qx178...v.zip?dl=0

Could you clarify that a little better? What exactly is the archive zip and how is it applied to the extra widgets? I downloaded it to my phone and it said "bad zip" when i tried to extract. Thanks.

Why is he with you on the phone says bad I do not know. I have downloaded again and work files. These are the "Custom_Home_Widgets.xml", "variables.xml", "Home.xml" and "Includes_Home_Widgets_Setup.xml". These files I have something changed and now you can see in the pictures is for each menu 20 submenus instead of 8 Add.
I did everything listed here, but the right side of the homescreen is blank (and the "TV Shows" and "Weather" tabs aren't appearing).
I can add shortcuts in skin settings, but they don't appear on the home screen.
Also, I've already tried this with Skinshortcuts versions 0.4.5 (from your fork), 0.5.3, and the latest version from git.

What should I do? I'm running Kodi 15.1 on my Android-based TV Box. The version I'm running is the latest stable release from the play store. (commit 2344ccf8)
Thanks workstation. Everyting seems to work just fine. For anyone wondering, (on your own risk) just replace the files in the skin.ftv(master) folder with the ones workstation shared.
thanks workstation, works great !
(2015-10-12, 16:36)Stekarn Wrote: Thanks workstation. Everyting seems to work just fine. For anyone wondering, (on your own risk) just replace the files in the skin.ftv(master) folder with the ones workstation shared.
Thanks. That does clarify it quite a bit. Btw-i was just trying to download it with file manager. When i use dropbox all the files appear correctly.
Thanks workstation. Ill test this on ftv stick in the nursery since it rarely gets used for kodi. If it works ill put it on my other kodi boxes. Been looking for this awhile now.
UPDATE--Well it DOES work. When I go to skin settings I see there are now 20 lines to put 20 widgets but only 8 of those actually appear on the home screen. Does this make sense to anyone? Please tell me if there's something obvious I'm doing wrong.

SCRATCH THAT!--It all works brilliantlly! Thanks so much @workstation!
Hi, Looking good! Anybody know if this is getting ready to get out of beta to official release?
fTV still looks terrible on the Nvidia Shield. Shadows are all wrong, any ideas?
fTV works well for me but several of my menu items lack content on the right side of the home menu (so all you see is the left menu on screen).

Specifically:

* Movies and TVs show their respective widgets (e.g. in progress, highly rated, your...) on the right side of the home menu.
* But menu items that I have created for specific folders (e.g. kids movies, lessons, radio strms) or addons don't show any content on the right side of the home menu.
- If I click on one of those menu items, it will open a new window showing the proper video assets or radios streams. So the action is correct.
- What I want is to display those assets/streams on the right side of the home menu (thus, eliminating an extra click and all that black space on the main menu).

Example actions that don't display anything on the home menu:

* ActivateWindow(Videos,special://skin/extras/video/KidsMovies.xsp,return)
* RunAddon(plugin.video.itunes_trailers)
* ActivateWindow(videolibrary,smb://x.x.x.x/lessons/,return)
* ActivateWindow(musicfiles,smb://x.x.x.x/internet_radio/,return)

Please let me know if I missed something in configuration.
(2015-10-13, 17:36)Ayla Wrote: fTV still looks terrible on the Nvidia Shield. Shadows are all wrong, any ideas?

I see this problem too. But only on my 1080P TVs. On my 4K TVs and my Mac, the shadows look correct.

The shadows (or dark squares in this case) are only behind the text and jacket art widgets on the home menu. But after the fan art (wallpaper) draws on a particular screen, then the shadows look correct.

So from my testing, the problem is only with this skin, in those locations, on 1080P TVs. I am running v2.1 of nVidia Shield software.
The latest version on GitHub has a bug in the video asset description. It shows "[LIGHT]" between the name of the asset and its description.
(2015-10-18, 23:20)optics Wrote: The latest version on GitHub has a bug in the video asset description. It shows "[LIGHT]" between the name of the asset and its description.

Because it's only for Jarvis.
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fTV42