working with multiple episodes per file
I've got this kid show - "Paw Patrol" on my RPi - running xbmc, errr, kodi 13.2. Each file is a 30 minute show and has (2) episodes. In the following example, I tried naming the episode 1/2 file "Paw.Patrol.S01E01E02" and after I did a library update, ALL 38 episodes were listed (although there are only 17 or so files - some are one episode per file). So I had a situation where Episode 1 and Episode 2 were listed in the library but BOTH of these choices would start me at the beginning of file 1 (which was named Paw.Patrol.S01E01E02" as per my example). That was fine by me, in fact, I read about bookmarks and I was excited that I could mark where the second episode started. But, the next day, I went to add the bookmarks and I noticed that not all the episodes were showing in the library anymore. The only episodes showing were the the first of two episodes per file - for example, one file named "Paw.Patrol.S01E01E02" used to display both E01 and E02 in the library but now all I see is E01. It's like kodi has detected that both episodes point to the same physical file and thus, has removed the duplicates.

What's the workaround for this?

Thanks!
As per - http://kodi.wiki/view/TV_Shows_(Video_Li...ti-episode

try using Paw.Patrol.S01E01.S01E02 or something more similar to the examples in the link.
I tried that and I also tried the long form example "showname.episode#.episodename" and that doesn't work either. What's odd is that when I first changed the file names to "paw.patrol.S01E01E02" and so forth, it worked. I rescanned the show and it displayed all episodes - only oddity was knowing that if you choose episode 1 or episode 2, it takes you to the same video. But like I said, I have no idea what changed but now, it only wants to show the first episode number listed in the library view.

So, S01E01E02 just displays info for the first episode.

I renamed the first file to the long form, then I did a refresh and now, only the second episode displays for the first file.

Something has to be going on here. This is bizarre. Thank you for your help though!
You should be scrutinizing the logs to see exactly what is happening when which behaviors occur. This is the purpose of logging being built into the system, and the logical way to troubleshoot such an issue.
I'm horrible about logs - that much I'll admit to. Mainly because I always forget how I viewed a log. I used to ssh into my Rpi to do it, then I think I found an addon which would email the system log to you. I'll look into that. Thank you very much!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
working with multiple episodes per file0