OS X Sound Randomly Goes Out on HD
When I am playing a HD stream, whether it be a local file or online stream, after a couple of minutes of playing fine, the sound starts to drop out and then becomes constant white noise. It used to work fine, but started doing this recently. I've tried trashing the XBMC folder in the Library folder and re-installing the app but still get the same results. If I disable pass through and just play the same file as PCM it plays fine but is not 5.1.

My receiver does not process audio through HDMI and has a separate optical cable for the audio.

Any ideas?
Just tried it again and it seems to be happening at a fixed interval of about 12 minutes. Plays fine for 12 minutes then the noise. If I stop the video and start it again from where I stopped it, it plays fine for another 12 minutes.

Looking at the front of the receiver, I see that it starts out in Dolby Digital 5.1. When the sound goes bad the receiver shows that it has switched to PCM and is just showing 2 channel.
debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound Randomly Goes Out on HD0