Scrape folder without adding to library?
Hello there soon to be Kodi Folk. I'm having a little trouble and I'm wondering if my problem can be solved.

I've decided I want to put all my stand-up DVDs on the computer running XBMC but I'm having trouble. Basically I have a folder with all the shows in and I want XBMC to scrape said folder for covers, information and whatnot. The only way I can find to do this is to set the content as movies, problem is I don't want the stand-up shows mixed in with my movies.

Is there any way I can either:

1) Get XBMC to scrape the folder without setting the content as movies?
2) Hide or exclude certain folders from the main movies library?
3) Manually add covers and info?

or suggest any other way around the problem if there is one. Hope that makes sense and thanks in advance.
Not exactly what you are looking for, but this may help: http://kodi.wiki/view/Stubs

Personally I say - rip them to mkv and put the valuable originals in the back of a cupboard where children/dogs/visitors can't scratch them.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ah, forgot to make that bit clear. I am throwing them through Handbrake converting them to MKV (sticky fingers can't damage MKVs)
I misunderstood what you meant by standup. I thought you meant standalone (you know they stand up on your shelf), but now I think you are referring to standup comedians?

If you save them to a separate directory then you could make some smart playlists and some skins will allow you to show those separately.

movies = items in the movie database that do not have standup in their path

standups = items in the movie database that do have standup in their path
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
custom home items (wiki)
I've separated the kids movies,standup and concerts by using putting them all in the different folders and use smart playlists. Find a skin that supports custom home items (like Ned Scott suggests) and voila....

Movies -> Movies -> Folders
Movies -> Kids -> Folders
Movies -> Standup -> Folders

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scrape folder without adding to library?0