General sharing
Hi,
Reading posts it seems more and more people have multiple XBMC boxes around the house, and yet sharing seems more complicated than it should be. I (as I suspect many do) want to have a central configuration which then cascades to all the different boxes. The skin GUI can then be used to ensure that the visible options on each box are appropriate.

Database sharing is no problem, obviously. However, profiles, addons, thumbnails etc all seem complicated. The use of profiles seems to be the stumbling block.

For example, I have a Master, Adults, and Kids profile on my media server. They all have associated access, add-ons, playlists etc. I want this replicating on all boxes, but this seems to be a manual process, and when I make any changes I have to do so on every device, not to mention the duplication of data for thumbnails, cdart etc.

I appreciate that you can do path substitution, but I can't see how you can do this for profiles? It doesn't seem possible to have an advancedsettings file that maps the profiles/ playlists etc in the Kids profile on my boxes round the house to the main Kids profile on my mediaserver.

Am I missing something?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
General sharing0