Best setup for xbmc on this box
Guys bought this box whats best option for me putting xbmc on it straight via openelec or windows?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2013-best...15197.html
It looks like a regular PC so running Openelec from USB flash drive or installing to SSD/HDD in the PC are both options.
with 16gb ssd you'll only be able to install 32 bit Windows OS, take than in mind because you also have 4gb of ram so not sure if 32bit Windows of your choice will be able to take full advantage of the 4gb of ram (That is for you to find out meaning research) but i think 3.25 to 3.75 gb of ram should be usable in that case.

If you want to do real browsing for Netflix and the like aswell then Windows, if you only want a dedicated htpc with casual browsing (not streaming and don't mind about security) then go OpenElec
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
will probably just go with the openelec option then but is it possible to setup a vpn in xbmc thats possibly only thing i would need running along with xbmc
(2014-11-02, 19:24)Starstream Wrote: It looks like a regular PC so running Openelec from USB flash drive or installing to SSD/HDD in the PC are both options.
what would be the best option
You should also probably think about XBMCBuntu. It will give you more flexibility with the OS.
want to go with openelec what best way for a novice to install this? Also can anyone advise on a decent controller to use.
(2014-11-04, 07:41)hughg176 Wrote: Guys any guys want to go with openelec what best way for a novice to install this? Also can anyone advise on a decent controller to use.

Read the Wiki here http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/HOW-TO...g_OpenELEC

For remote's, your going to need an IR receiver unless you use a wifi remote / keyboard / mouse. Other option is to use an app on your phone or tablet to control it. For android I would recommend Yatse not sure for IOS as I don't use apple products.
Thanks for the help so far guys appreciate it
just an update have the box running openelec and its working superbly well very happy with the purchase :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best setup for xbmc on this box0