• 5(current)
WIP reNox for Helix, renamed Mimic
Excellent

Thanks for that tip, it worked great. This plus the Grey theme suits my needs very well.

@schumi2004 - Instead of the AeonNox numbers genre colours I simply renamed some of the solid colours provided by bryanbrazil in this skin:

I've still got the up channel icon missing but will try and sort that.
Looks much better indeed, thanks Wink
(2014-11-23, 14:33)schumi2004 Wrote: maybe you can also have a look for the channel numbers not being displayed properly

I just pushed an update that makes the channel number label wider. Let me know if that works for 3 digit channel numbers. I imagine you would have a similar problem with the channel numbers in Channel view.

(2014-11-23, 17:07)TheYetiWakes Wrote: I've still got the up channel icon missing but will try and sort that.

Not sure what would be causing that. The channel up/down controls are defined in VideoOSD.xml.
I can't seem to get the background settings to stick. I went into the settings and for TV Shows chose random tv show fanart, did the same for movies choosing movie fanart but I still get the film reel background. Any ideas?
(2014-11-25, 23:00)ould Wrote: I can't seem to get the background settings to stick. I went into the settings and for TV Shows chose random tv show fanart, did the same for movies choosing movie fanart but I still get the film reel background. Any ideas?

I just tested out resetting all of mine, and random backgrounds worked fine. I set the skin to require script.grab.fanart version 0.13.2. I'm wondering if you have an older version of the script installed?

I tested widgets while I was at it and realized they aren't working 100%. Movies, TV Shows, and Music seem to work ok, but addons, weather, etc won't load. It looks like the WidgetType value isn't getting saved in guisettings.xml. I had to manually add it to get them to show.
(2014-11-23, 22:01)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-11-23, 14:33)schumi2004 Wrote: maybe you can also have a look for the channel numbers not being displayed properly

I just pushed an update that makes the channel number label wider. Let me know if that works for 3 digit channel numbers. I imagine you would have a similar problem with the channel numbers in Channel view.

(2014-11-23, 17:07)TheYetiWakes Wrote: I've still got the up channel icon missing but will try and sort that.

Not sure what would be causing that. The channel up/down controls are defined in VideoOSD.xml.
Thanks, much better.
Like you said, It's also present in channel view and OSD channel list.
Didn't checked if you already pushed a update for it, also can't provide screenshots atm.
@bryanbrazil - OMG! wow! for many years I've roamed the skin forums for the one to satisfy my OSD! This one ticks all the boxes, GREAT work, wonderful blend between AEONs function and reFOCUS clean lines.

As you mentioned previously I've changed the opacity very slightly for the HomeScreen background overlay, what I would now really like to do now is slightly darken the widget background opacity, both for the widget & the focused/opened detail. Could you please direct me to the correct .png files? (sorry, have tried finding it without luck).

...was thinking a nice graphic feature might be to enable the widget background colour to match the Home Menu Band colour & opacity, as the widget sits on the band it would give the appearance of being part of the band (like a tab).... As I'm now off on one... I've never quite understood why the widgets are positioned on the right of the screen, the eye naturally reads from left to right. Its the wrong way round, the widget should be on the left, enabling easier perusing of info (when opened).

Any plans to enable hiding the top menu bar when viewing perusing movies/content? (just clutter in my opinion)

Any plans to remove/disable the search function above the focused Home menu items (finding it rather annoying to push up twice to get to my widgets)

Hopefully received as constructive and obviously just my opinion, I don't wish to knock any of the amazing work you have clearly achieved with this great skin.

many thanks.
(2014-11-26, 11:12)schumi2004 Wrote: Thanks, much better.
Like you said, It's also present in channel view and OSD channel list.
Didn't checked if you already pushed a update for it, also can't provide screenshots atm.

I just pushed an update that widens the channel number labels in the channel view and the channel osd.

(2014-11-27, 02:10)stueeey Wrote: @bryanbrazil - OMG! wow! for many years I've roamed the skin forums for the one to satisfy my OSD! This one ticks all the boxes, GREAT work, wonderful blend between AEONs function and reFOCUS clean lines.

As you mentioned previously I've changed the opacity very slightly for the HomeScreen background overlay, what I would now really like to do now is slightly darken the widget background opacity, both for the widget & the focused/opened detail. Could you please direct me to the correct .png files? (sorry, have tried finding it without luck).

...was thinking a nice graphic feature might be to enable the widget background colour to match the Home Menu Band colour & opacity, as the widget sits on the band it would give the appearance of being part of the band (like a tab).... As I'm now off on one... I've never quite understood why the widgets are positioned on the right of the screen, the eye naturally reads from left to right. Its the wrong way round, the widget should be on the left, enabling easier perusing of info (when opened).

Any plans to enable hiding the top menu bar when viewing perusing movies/content? (just clutter in my opinion)

Any plans to remove/disable the search function above the focused Home menu items (finding it rather annoying to push up twice to get to my widgets)

Hopefully received as constructive and obviously just my opinion, I don't wish to knock any of the amazing work you have clearly achieved with this great skin.

many thanks.

Thanks, glad you like it! The widget background is at the beginning of IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml. You'll need to create a new image and update the image control, replacing listselect_fo.png. There's another image control further down the same file that you'll need to update as well. Look for an image control that is 422x422.

I tried making the widget background the same color as the menu once, but it all blends together then. A contrasting color sets it apart better. I'll leave the widgets on the right side, seems ok to me.

I won't be hiding the topbar in the content views. You could do that though. Just search for topbar in Includes.xml and add a visibility condition using a Window boolean condition. See http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_boolean_conditions

I was just tweaking the main menu and ended up replacing the entire thing (see screenshots in first post). Simplified the menu options...removed the icon and centered menus. Also removed the Global Search and media icons when pressing up. It goes straight to the widgets now. I added Search to my main menu instead.

No problem, I don't mind the suggestions at all. I made a backup of the old main menu, but I think I'm going to stick with a single menu like the current one. I tried creating a vertical menu, but it's difficult because Nox doesn't use skinshortcuts for all of the menus.

Need to update the screenshots, most are now out of date...
@bryanbrazil - thank you for your quick & valued assistance... I have achieved the required darkened widget background by simply increasing the opacity on the 'listselect_fo.png' (seems to have done the trick)

re: tweaks to the main menu the new menu works really nice now, nice use of block colour to emphasise the focus (thanks for removing the search feature, works a lot cleaner now). adding my pennies worth again here, I'd like to see the smaller unfocused font size re-intoduced, its a bit to overpowering the focused & unfocused being the same.

regarding the Topbar, as it goes I ended up enlarging the bar & the font (complete opposite of what I said I know - lol) I use KODI from quite distance from my sofa so like large clear visibility... The 'Gallery View' is fantastic for this !!

could you please outline where I can increase the font for the 'Title & Genres' for the 'Gallery View' please... this would be the icing on the cake!

EDIT: please ignore, have worked it out.

thanks again, great work.

Showcase view,rating, is not showing imdbtop250, position gets cutoff

The other question I had for you was if it was alot of work to add script.metadata.actor

Thanks for this skin
(2014-11-27, 16:22)Edworld Wrote: Image

Showcase view,rating, is not showing imdbtop250, position gets cutoff

The other question I had for you was if it was alot of work to add script.metadata.actor

Thanks for this skin

Try it now, fixed on git. It will be a problem again if any movies get over 1 million votes though. No plans to implement script.metadata.actor. Is that script actively maintained, does it work in Helix?

(2014-11-27, 13:50)stueeey Wrote: @bryanbrazil - thank you for your quick & valued assistance... I have achieved the required darkened widget background by simply increasing the opacity on the 'listselect_fo.png' (seems to have done the trick)

re: tweaks to the main menu the new menu works really nice now, nice use of block colour to emphasise the focus (thanks for removing the search feature, works a lot cleaner now). adding my pennies worth again here, I'd like to see the smaller unfocused font size re-intoduced, its a bit to overpowering the focused & unfocused being the same.

regarding the Topbar, as it goes I ended up enlarging the bar & the font (complete opposite of what I said I know - lol) I use KODI from quite distance from my sofa so like large clear visibility... The 'Gallery View' is fantastic for this !!

could you please outline where I can increase the font for the 'Title & Genres' for the 'Gallery View' please... this would be the icing on the cake!

EDIT: please ignore, have worked it out.

thanks again, great work.

Glad you got it worked out...I adjusted the main menu as you suggested, thanks!

Sorry I didn't think about the million votes, I knew that shawshank had over a million. The issue could be a movie that is ranked in the 100's with over a million votes.

To answer your question on metadata.actors does work on Helix (Shedrock's aeon nox uses it and so did Phil65 when he started creating his new skin), unfortunately it is not maintained and from what I see there is not a lot of skins that support it, maybe 3 or 4, but none look like aeon or mods to this skin.

One last request, any hope that you can add imdbtop250 and oscars views like you did for aeonnox 4.1.9?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=163965

Thanks
(2014-11-27, 22:03)Edworld Wrote: One last request, any hope that you can add imdbtop250 and oscars views like you did for aeonnox 4.1.9?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=163965

Thanks

I added 2 skin playlists: IMDb Top 250 and Best Picture Winners. They should show up under playlists when configuring the menu.

I looked at modding some of the views for the Best Picture playlist, but decided against it. Didn't seem like it was really needed.

I did mod several views for the IMDb Top 250 playlist, however. When viewing the playlist in List view, the Top 250 rank replaces the studio icon. For Poster, Shift, Banner, and Icon views, the Top 250 ranking will replace the codec/resolution flags in the lower right of the screen.

If you want to customize them further, you'll find the Top 250 controls I added starting at line 300 in MyVideoNav.xml.
Thanks bryanbrazil, I'll will download and play
hi, thank you for this awesome skin bryanbrazil Wink I adopted from the passage to Helix

Just i prefer the last home with list in the middle, i don't use the widgets and it look weird without

I try to implement extrafanart in gallery view like refocusBig in Eden
Code:
                    <control type="multiimage">
                            <visible>!Window.IsActive(pictures) + [Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows)]</visible>
                            <width>1125</width>
                            <height>633</height>
                            <timeperimage>1500</timeperimage>
                            <fadetime>400</fadetime>
                            <pauseatend>2000</pauseatend>
                            <randomize>false</randomize>
                            <loop>yes</loop>
                            <imagepath background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path]extrafanart/</imagepath>
                            <aspectratio align="center" aligny="center">scale</aspectratio>
                    </control>
But doesn't work, have you an idea?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reNox for Helix, renamed Mimic4