Can't delete TV Recordings: Help
The other night I let a friend use my computer. The shows that he recorded - he deleted from the file system, not from Kodi's [gotham 13.2] interface. Now when I want to clear them I get the message: The PVR backend does not support this action. Check the log for details. An unexpected error occurred. Try again later or check the log for details.

I checked var/lib/mythtv/livetv && recordings and the shows are gone. How do I clear them from xbmc?
Any answer to the above question? I have the exact same problem, except that I deleted the files myself (not a "friend")m so I only have myself to blame ;-)
Did you try cleaning the library?
(2017-03-27, 02:30)bilgepump Wrote: Did you try cleaning the library?

How do I do that? By the way, I edited recordings.xml file directly and restarted kodi straight away, but it did not help.
(2017-03-27, 02:33)hossein.au Wrote:
(2017-03-27, 02:30)bilgepump Wrote: Did you try cleaning the library?

How do I do that? By the way, I edited recordings.xml file directly and restarted kodi straight away, but it did not help.

Just tried clearing the library. Nope, I still see the two 'zombie' recordings listed under TV/PVR menu. By 'zombie' I mean entries where actual files have been deleted outside of Kodi, but Kodi still lists them without any mechanism to delete the listing.
The file isn't there, but is there a database in mythtv that you need to clear? I don't have any problem deleting my recordings from kodi, but I'm not using the same backend.
I don't use MythTV. I have a VBox to stream FTA over the network, and I have a Raspberry Pi running Kodi 17.1 plus VBox add-on as a fronted player and PVR. I also have a NAS on the network.

VBox is set up to record on the NAS. Kodi on the Raspberry Pi is set up to use the VBox plugin for stream live TV from the VBox and to record/play off the NAS.

I recorded a few programs on Kodi, which ended up as MP4 files on the NAS. I deleted a couple of the files directly on the NAS. The files still show up on Kodi (in the recording section of the VBox add-on) and I am not not able to remove them from the list. On Kodi I have done "clear library" but it did not make any difference.
Sorry, I was going by the OP's reference to a mythtv folder.

Unfortunately, I've no idea what VBox is, or how to use it, but that's where I'd be looking to delete the entries. If that's the message that Kodi is giving, then that would seem to be the source of the entries.
(2017-03-27, 14:49)bilgepump Wrote: Sorry, I was going by the OP's reference to a mythtv folder.

Unfortunately, I've no idea what VBox is, or how to use it, but that's where I'd be looking to delete the entries. If that's the message that Kodi is giving, then that would seem to be the source of the entries.

I guess you are right; this is what I get in the logs:

00:11:25.872 T:1958884272 ERROR: AddOnLog: VBox TV Gateway PVR Client: pvr.vbox - Request failed: Could not Cancel Record [35] - Proxy Error 6 (error code: 2)
00:11:25.873 T:1958884272 ERROR: PVR - DeleteRecording - addon 'VBox XTI 3442:192.xxx.xxx.xxx:80' returned an error: the command failed
00:11:25.873 T:1958884272 ERROR: PVR - DeleteRecording - cannot delete recording from client 'xxxxxxxx': the command failed

Oh well, I'll keep looking for a solution...

Thanks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't delete TV Recordings: Help0