Hdmi issue mac mini - on start and stop of playback
Hi!

I have a problem with running xbmc via hdmi on my new mac mini.

xbmc 13.2
mac os x 10.10
mac mini late 2014
Panasonic plasma tv

When I start playing a movie or a tv show I get a flicker is visible with tearing and when the playback is started sound is out of sync. sync is fixed by skipping forward 30 sec.
Probably have something to do with the input signal changes in some way since tv source, HDMI 2 1080p, is poping up when going from menu to movie or movie to menu.

This didn't happen when using mini displayport to dvi adapter and dvi to hdmi cable, then playback started and stoped without tv source poping up. (mbp 2010 with optical sound to receiver)

Any thoughts on why I get this issue?

Many thanks
Kavorka
mac mini late 2014 <- i doubt that

Do you have refresh rate adaption turned on (system->video->playback <- something there).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Also make sure this is set correctly:

system > settings > system > video output > vertical blank sync > enabled during video playback

(2014-11-05, 18:11)Memphiz Wrote: mac mini late 2014 <- i doubt that

Do you have refresh rate adaption turned on (system->video->playback <- something there).

Well I bougth the new mac mini in october so I guess its late 2014... Huh

I changed the "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" to Off and now it works!

Thank you very much! Big Grin
That still not an ideal long term solution.

Look in you TV manual and see if it supports 24p video. (23.976fps), which is generally the frame rate most movies play at.

What you can do is Adjust the time XBMC pauses before starting playback of a movie whilst your TV switches display rates on the go, your TV may be a bit slow switching.

Go back into XBMC > System > Settings > Video > Playback and Turn on again "Adjust display refresh rate to match video"
Now under that - Pause during refresh rate change - adjust the time to pause to say 5 seconds initially and work your way down and see how that goes.

You may also want to look at the TV settings eg:

Quote:Advance Picture
Game mode: Off
24p Direct in 96Hz
3:2 PullDown: Auto

However some Panasonic Plasmas prior to the 2013 models have known flickering problems when viewing 24p material.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hdmi issue mac mini - on start and stop of playback0