Possible to stream from a site where vids are posted?
Hi,
I just purchased a Raspberry Pi B+ to putz around with. I installed RaspBMC, OpenELEC and Raspian on it just to see what each does. In terms of the XBMC players I am curious about something maybe one of you could answer.... My mother-in-law loves watching these foreign soap operas and every night we have to look a laptop up to the TV, navigate to the site(s) where the new episodes are posted and play them for her. It's getting old.

With the Rasperry Pi's media center ability I was wondering if there is a way to sort of point it to a URL and then have it basically serve the streams that it finds on that page? The site we go to every night is armlook dot com and within that site are different TV shows. We select the one she likes (usually it's "Harazat Tshnami") and then look for the most recent episode she hasn't yet watched. I can post the link but don't know if that's okay or not on this forum so I won't. Anyway, so my point is that it would be great if there was somehow a way to just attach the Raspberry Pi up to the TV and leave it. Then my mom-in-law can just see the vids on XBMC, no web surfing necessary. Does anyone know of a way to do something like this?

I did search google and this site but was unable to find anything accept something about creating .strm files which would have to be done manually so that was no help.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you might have.

John
Learn how to code python if you have some coding background.

Check the code of known addons, and you can make your own addon to see the site on xbmc Wink
Or buy a Chromecast.
(2014-11-05, 17:43)Mafarricos Wrote: Learn how to code python if you have some coding background.

Check the code of known addons, and you can make your own addon to see the site on xbmc Wink

I do not have any coding background but am willing to try if it's not rocket science. I don't know what "known addons" would be a good example close to my situation but I did some searching and came up with this blog. It's in no way written for a guy like me but I can try to make it work. http://xbmc-plugin-dev.blogspot.com/2013...lugin.html
Update: I have been reading about and working on an addon that would accomplish my original task. I have so far an addon which displays fanart, icon and addon info fine (from the addon.xml file) but I have yet to get it to build a proper menu or play a video despite my main python and util files. I have followed Abed's tutorial which I referenced in my second post in this thread but have advanced to the scraping guide at http://xbmc-plugin-dev.blogspot.com/2013...menus.html The main difference is that it seems the site Abed is scraping is actually hosting the video files that are on the page whereas the site I am scraping seem to be just embedding videos from youtube and similar sites.

I have a feeling that this discussion belongs in the add-ons help and support>video add-ons section at this point. I will post there shortly. If any mods are watching please close thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to stream from a site where vids are posted?0