Widevinecdm issues on Windows 7 x64
So I have been attempting to get Netflixbmc to work with my current setup. At first Netflixbmc would open and play within Chrome via the Chrome Launcher, but would open in windowed Chrome. After reinstalling everything related, it now allows me to open Chrome within Kiosk mode from Netflixbmc. My problem now is that it gives me the Widevinecdm error that many Xbmcbuntu users experience. The only problem is, I'm running Windows 7 x64 Home Premium. I have attempted to reinstall everything as before, made sure widevinecdm was updated via Chrome://components. I've turned off all other plugins and extensions, verified that Netflix is opting HTML5 instead of Silverlight, but I always get the Widevinecdm error with Netflix. I can run Netflix normally within Chrome itself, but not during the Kiosk Mode from XBMC.
I had the same issue. My fix was opening netflix through the plugin in non-kiosk mode and going into chrome plugins. I checked the box to always enable the Widevinecdm plugin. I was then able to run it in kiosk mode again.
(2014-11-08, 00:49)wishywashy Wrote: I had the same issue. My fix was opening netflix through the plugin in non-kiosk mode and going into chrome plugins. I checked the box to always enable the Widevinecdm plugin. I was then able to run it in kiosk mode again.

Even better. Switch to kiosk=no, then when in windowed Chrome, go to chrome://components. You'll see that they are ALL set to new. Update them all, change back to kiosk mode and sha-bam! back to normanl

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Widevinecdm issues on Windows 7 x640