• 18(current)
Sumvision Cyclone X4
I copied the 3 files from the OpenElec 5.0.0.zip to the SD card and booted with keyboard/mouse and pressing the menu key on remote.

Instead of flashing I get a screen with

Android System Recovery <3e>
KOT49H.20140923 test-keys

Volume up/down to move highlight;
enter button to select.

reboot system now
apply update from ADB
apply update from EXT
apply update from cache
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

Then I get a picture of a dead robot.
Ok, scrap what I wrote above because I now see your instructions.

I really need to use NTFS because all my stuff is organised on these drives and I don't want to have to purchase a NAS. If I had the extra cash to buy a NAS I would never have bought this box.

Can anybody confirm NTFS support because if it doesn't work I doubt I will risk bricking a box.

Unless I can get it all back to factory if I find NTFS is a no-go?
It looks as though NTFS should automount fine . Very low risk of a real brick if you follow my instructions.
OK, I'm doing it now. It's backing up the current rom at the moment.

Thanks a lot for your help bobones, I know it's annoying having to baby step somebody like me through the process! Big Grin
I'm in TWRP but I can't find the zip to install.

I cannot select the external SDcard or USB, only internal storage works and that is just android stuff. Sad
You should be able to select the external SD card somehow. Is it FAT32 formatted? Maybe you need to reboot and go back in?
Seems to say 'general hierarchical file system' but it loaded twrp in ok.
I would go format the card as FAT32 on a PC and try again. I've never had any problems like you describe.

Plus the fact that the first flash you tried with the Android recovery didn't work when it should've also indicates a problem with the card.
PC says it is FAT32. I can't format it on a PC because I don't have a microSD reader.

I formatted it using my tablet then connected it to a PC and it says it is FAT32.

TWRP will not let me select anything other than internal storage.

Doesn't the fact that TWRP loaded mean the card is OK?
I may have to borrow a microSD reader and try again tomorrow. I finish here in 25 minutes so I'll be starting fresh at 9am tomorrow.
The flash you tried with the Android recovery didn't work either so something is not right with the card. You could buy buy an SD holder or USB holder for the micro SD from PC World or whatever. Can you put the zip files on a USB stick and select them from TWRP? I suppose you could store them on the Android internal SD and go from there. BTW, where did you store the backup files?.
I didn't try usb because I didn't think it was an option.
I have somebody bringing a microSD holder in for me to try tomorrow, but I might try USB to if that is an option?

I can't easily get another card because I live in the country and don't have quich access to a store like PC world.

The backup went to the internal memory. I have restored the backup now so at least I know I did that right.

When I backup tomorrow, should I put it somewhere specific?
recovery needs to be on SD but zips could be on USB - never tried it though

I would use a USB stick to store the backups, but definitely not the internal storage as it will get wiped when you flash something else on top of it!
OK, started again today and the SD card still didn't show up. Plugged in the flash drive though and that worked perfectly!

Flashed to two files and I now have OpenELEC and Kodi running!

Now trying to copy the remote config file.
OK, I'm stuck because I can't figure out how to copy the config file. I can view the directory in my web browser, but If I drag the file into the window it just opens up the text in a new tab.

Am I meant to be using a program to copy the file?
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sumvision Cyclone X42