• 27(current)
Sumvision Cyclone X4
Yeah, I am using the older kerber files, the exact files I used to flash my box a few months ago.

I used 5.0.1 and whatever bootloader I used originally, at least I think I did.

I can see the remote.conf file on the box, so it is there.

I have used putty to get into the box, but all it does is reboot and load kodi, no recovery.

I have now tried making a bootable SD, but all it does it boot into kodi. I have used the putty method to reboot, and I have tried using the button inside, no luck so far!
try just

reboot recovery

without the slash for me
Thanks Micky!

I got it into recovery finally, using reboot recovery with no slash.

Re-flashed, re-copied remote.conf, rebooted and hurrah!

Now to update to 5.0.8 to try.

Quick question before I put 5.0.8 on, can I downgrade to lower versions (like 5.0.6) using the tar method?
Glad to hear.

On that i couldnt tell you, but you can just reflash if theres a problem i suppose.
Yep, thanks for the info.
Yesterday kerber released a 5.95.2 build of OpenELEC for the TV110 which so far is working great here on the X4.
Could someone please post a newbie how-to on how to upgrade the X4 for the first time with the latest OpenELEC written by Kerber? I'm concerned about the remote.conf issue as I'm not sure what to do (or how).
Thanks.
Does anyone know of way of cloning these boxes?

My friends really like the look of mine and have asked if I can set one up for them but I don't want to have to do each one individually.
Just checking - I do need an SD card to flash with kerber's files don't I?

I got my Cyclone X4 this week. DVD rips - playing the video_ts.ifo file to get menu support - on Kodi are a bit choppy (sometimes very choppy) as are 1080p vids. Is that normal?? Will flashing help?
I don't have an issue with 1080p playback via my mkv rips and I use an SD card to flash with.

@sublow, I once restored a backup of Android that bobones made with TWRP onto my box (Also using TWRP of course) which worked ok.
(2015-07-03, 19:40)sublow Wrote: Does anyone know of way of cloning these boxes?

My friends really like the look of mine and have asked if I can set one up for them but I don't want to have to do each one individually.

as mentioned in the post above use the TWRP program from bobs dropbox put on a micro sd go into recovery mode make a backup and then power on your new box into recovery make sure you got a mouse plugged in then restore the backup you made from your box onto this works perfect ive done hundreds this way .
Brilliant TWRP sounds exactly what I need.

Unfortunately I have an issue with my first box.

I ran through bobones guide but instead of rebooting at the end I was left with a back screen. I left it 10 mins and power cycled the box. After that it wouldn't boot just sat there with a black screen.

I created a SD card with the boot card maker program from bobones dropbox with the recovery.img and now it boots with a Mimix boot screen but I have to have the SD card inserted.

I would really like the box to boot without need for an SD card, could someone point me in the right direction?
I think you need to flash the original bootloader back, I had what sounds like the same problem initially.

If you created a backup first with TWRP its pretty easy to do (Even I can do it!).
Ok mate thanks.

I'm just downloading the TWRP.zip from bobones Dropbox. I think that has the original image as well.
There is a newer TWRP ported by daemonium over on FreakTab that gives a couple more features and fullscreen on a TV.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sumvision Cyclone X42