• 36(current)
Sumvision Cyclone X4
(2016-05-30, 07:56)Midnight63 Wrote: Wow gr8 find bobones.

Any chance of drop boxing the correct files and a short how to?

Thanks

OK, here's what I use. Copy these files to an SD card and boot box into recovery either by continuously pressing menu button or issuing a 'reboot recovery' from shell. Once in TWRP, go to Install menu and add LibreELEC update.zip AND bootloader.zip as additional file. (You need a USB keyboard/mouse to operate TWRP)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s7teke25tpm9i...AYLZa?dl=0

Once LibreELEC is installed, set up network and copy the remote.conf file into \\libreelec\configfiles or \\IP.address.of.box\configfiles (only needed first time)

Basically, it's the same technique as I use for Kerber's OE.

I haven't tried flashing using the normal method (zip file and aml script) - it may work, but I know the TWRP and original boot loader is safe.

Neither have I tried it on second generation X4, but kszaq has a workaround for disp_cap which should fix black screen problem see http://sx05.eu/utils/disp_cap_hack/

Check here for latest files http://sx05.eu/libreelec/ (use MXQ)

I'm pretty sure tar update method will work if you already have OE on the box, so you can just copy tar image to \\openelec\update and reboot
Thanks bobones, I'll give it a go when I get back home on Wednesday.
What about putting this on the tv110?

Sent from my A0001
I'm guessing, but if Kerber's TV110 port worked on the X4 and the TV110, then kszaq's MXQ port should also work on the TV110 because it works on the X4. You could try booting it from SD card as a test.
(2016-05-31, 16:18)bobones Wrote: I'm guessing, but if Kerber's TV110 port worked on the X4 and the TV110, then kszaq's MXQ port should also work on the TV110 because it works on the X4. You could try booting it from SD card as a test.
Just reading there about installing image on SD card, my tv110 doesn't have reset button. Can it be installed using twrp or is there another way?

Sent from my A0001
I can get into recovery by repeatedly pressing the remote control menu button after applying power or issuing a 'reboot recovery' from the shell when logged in over PuTTY. You basically just need to get to recovery. Even with Android you can download some reboot app which should be able to reboot you to recovery. If you can get to TWRP then you are able to get to recovery anyway?
Alright, thanks, just thought it might be different with the image burned to SD card.

Sent from my A0001
I managed to update mine by dropping the tar file into the update folder.

Seems to be working fine Smile
So the tar version of this latest build will update with existing openelec by just placing file in update folder?

Thanks for any replies.
(2016-06-03, 12:57)headhunter657 Wrote: So the tar version of this latest build will update with existing openelec by just placing file in update folder?

Thanks for any replies.
Yes, but beware 7.0.1.3 just released a few hours ago was causing my box to lock up. 7.0.1.2 works like a champ though.

Any issues with CEC, go to System Input Devices, Peripherals and disable CEC module.
Cheers bobones.
Thanks for the heads up.

Disabling CEC helped as the LED was playing up...

Edit, LED is still playing up but hey ho...

(2016-06-03, 16:31)bobones Wrote:
(2016-06-03, 12:57)headhunter657 Wrote: So the tar version of this latest build will update with existing openelec by just placing file in update folder?

Thanks for any replies.
Yes, but beware 7.0.1.3 just released a few hours ago was causing my box to lock up. 7.0.1.2 works like a champ though.

Any issues with CEC, go to System Input Devices, Peripherals and disable CEC module.
Hi guys n gals.

New to forum so be gentle.

I have had a Sumvision Micro 4 cyclone for over a year now and have been more than happy with it apart from a few niggles.
1. Remote
2. Having to keep re-booting (Dont know why)
3. Since updating i keep getting a unsupported audio message after watching a file and have to re-set the whole thing pulling the plug to get it to work again.

I am excitedly looking at purchasing the Cyclone X4 but need to make sure it does the same if not more than the Micro 4
I use mine hardwired with Ethernet for best results, watching huge 40 Gigbyte files with DTS True and even some Dolby atmos tracks work fine with what i already have,
EDIT. Forgot to add HDMI straight to Sony amp not TV. Just read some threads with that in.

So will the X4 play passthrough hdmi to light up all my DTS Dolby true ya da ya da. lights.

Oh and please be quick as i want it so badly. Smile
Hi All, how is everyone? I`m new to this forum and need a bit of help. I`ve just installed kodi onto a cyclone X4 and am now trying to add wookie. When I click to install wookie retro the download box flashes up then disappears. Any ideas please?
Hi,

Noob here.Searched a lot for this issue but can't see anything specific.
Used Sumvision players in the past fine. Since acquiring a 4k TV bought the Sumvision x4+ 64 bit bluetooth player.

The version of Kodi preloaded was old so I removed it and DL'd the latest from the app store.

The issue I have is, the audio of files I have tried blips every 10 secs or so. Video is fine. (Sound disappears for a moment then returns fine until the next blip)
The file plays fine on a Raspberry Pi of less grunt through the same switch, network, server.
I tried changing audio properties and even the resolution (file is 1080p) from 2160p to 1080p

I can return the box under the 14 days distance selling regs so really keen to see if it's the box, Kodi or something else, as quickly as possible.

Failing a quick response and I return the player please can someone advise on a better player?

Thanks.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sumvision Cyclone X42