ATSC subchannel support in Tvheadend addon
Hello folks,

I know that atsc sub channel support was recently added to xbmc and that it already exists in the tvheadend backend. However, it looks like the necessary changes in the tvheadend addon have not been implemented. I have 3 questions regarding this.

1. Is someone working on this or has it already been implemented by someone?
2. Where (which repo) does development of the tvheadend addon take place?
3. If no one is working on it, what is the best place for me to start working on something?

Thanks.
This feature already exists in the Adam Sutton's fork of the xbmc pvr addons. Use the tvh addon, not the hts addon.

https://github.com/adamsutton/xbmc-pvr-addons

@steamroller is right, the support in the addon has only been implemented in that fork. I'll try to remember to submit a backport of the relevant fix in time for Helix, it's a pretty small change.
@negge: That would be great. Please post here if you get that in. Thanks.

The screenshot above is from Ubuntu. Compiling on Ubuntu was a breeze, but compiling it for OpenELEC (which is what I really want) is much more difficult. I still haven't gotten it to compile.
If you compiled it on Ubuntu it will run on OE too, assuming both are 64/32-bit.
Oh really? They are both 64 bit. I thought that they would be linked against completely different libraries. But I'll try it when I get home today.
I backported the fix to the official addon, it will be part of the Helix release.
Thank you very much @negge. This makes things very simple.

I was eventually able to compile adamsutton's fork as well. It had nothing to do with the pvr.tvh addon. Some error with pvr.filmon, so I just removed that from the Makefile and everything worked.

Anyway, before I found adamsutton's fork, I actually implemented the feature myself. One of the things that I modified was the overloaded < operator for the SChannel struct. I'm not sure if it's even used anywhere but I think it should look like this:

Code:
bool operator<(const SChannel &right) const
{
  if (num != right.num)
  {
    return num < right.num;
  }
  else
  {
    return numMinor < right.numMinor;
  }
}
What was the error with the filmon addon? If you ran configure without "--enable-addons-with-dependencies" it shouldn't even have compiled it.

Regarding the operator overloading, do you see it used anywhere? The SChannel struct is specific to the addon and I don't think we sort those in any way.
I pulled everything from git again and filmon did not get compiled this time. Not sure what the difference was. Anyway, everthing is good now.

The overloaded operator is not used anywhere. I was able to compile the addon without any problems after completely removing the overloaded operator. So no need to change it.

Thank you once again for your help @negge.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATSC subchannel support in Tvheadend addon0