Pushing media streams to RPi (Kodi)
Hi everyone,
first of all, in this post (which is my first one on this forum) I'd like to thank the developers for making such a remarkable software/os, I'm an undergraduate in computer engineering and this seems like some solid programming on display.

Now, my question is:

I have a rpi with raspbmc and I want to stream TO it from my pc (Win 8.1). Is there any way to archieve that?

Like some option which says:

play on

My_PC
-->XBMC

that is make my rpi act as a "stream" server, pushing streams to it, instead of pulling from it.

I could even consider running a GNU/Linux VM

Thank you for your attention Smile
Yes, set up upnp on both xbmc instances. On the PC context menu on a movie, choose "play using" and choose the raspberry pi instance.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-11-14, 01:51)nickr Wrote: Yes, set up upnp on both xbmc instances. On the PC context menu on a movie, choose "play using" and choose the raspberry pi instance.

Apparently I was just choosing an inappropiate file, thank you.
But, while this seems a viable solutions for videos it is very inappropriate for music files, because as far as I know I cannot select multiple files to send at once... I'm trying something via HTTP (an addon named chorus, but it seems buggy/unfriendly), any advice?
Personally I would try a different approach and install yatse on an android phone/tablet.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
What I often do is fire up BubbleUPNP app on my Android device and stream music and pics to my PI from there. So any music player software for WIN that can use a different UPNP renderer should do. But it should ofc also work with Kodi for Windows by starting music playback via "play using" and then start filling your music playlist.

edit: yes, that's working, but enqueuing music to the playlist will trigger immediate playback of the enqueued file which IMO is a bug
Hi guys can you tell me how I can turn on mashup because it's not working any more ?
Mashup is not supported here. You risk a telling off for bringing it up, as well as for posting to a thread that is on a completely different subject.

FYI, the mashup author seems to have pulled the pin, but as I say, go find his supoprt channel. The address won't inlude the words "kodi", "xbmc", or anything similar.
(2014-11-14, 01:18)ricdl Wrote: Hi everyone,
first of all, in this post (which is my first one on this forum) I'd like to thank the developers for making such a remarkable software/os, I'm an undergraduate in computer engineering and this seems like some solid programming on display.

Now, my question is:

I have a rpi with raspbmc and I want to stream TO it from my pc (Win 8.1). Is there any way to archieve that?

Like some option which says:

play on

My_PC
-->XBMC

that is make my rpi act as a "stream" server, pushing streams to it, instead of pulling from it.

I could even consider running a GNU/Linux VM

Thank you for your attention Smile

Your best/easiest solution is using UPnP/DLNA and a controller on your tablet/mobile device.

Windows Media Center (with DLNA turned on)
Plex
Mezzmo
XBMC (with UPnP service turned on)
Serviio

Install one of these on your PC and set up your library.

Then install either BubbleUPnP or Mezzmo Android on your tablet or mobile device. They'll pick up your UPnP/DLNA server and "Play to" the RaspPi
Why all this?
Why not share the media in windows and add a reference to it in the raspberry as an smb share?
(2014-11-17, 06:59)drjf Wrote: Why all this?
Why not share the media in windows and add a reference to it in the raspberry as an smb share?

Indeed! Some people just want everything to work like chromecast/airplay.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pushing media streams to RPi (Kodi)1