Sort order problem with filling a list from library
(2014-12-06, 10:20)Montellese Wrote: EDIT2: Just realized that your smartplaylist is working perfectly fine for me when using it as a home menu widget. The sorting is only screwed up (as described above) when I'm looking at the smartplaylist in the video library.
I just assumed the playlist was correct.
(2014-12-06, 10:20)Montellese Wrote: Okay I think I found the problem for the reverse sorting. Could you verify for me that this only happens when sorting by playcount or rating (for videos)?

EDIT: Wow this sorting stuff is one big mess. Because we only keep one sort order for a view there's some logic that reverts the sort order for some sort methods (like playcount and rating) but this does not take into account that for smartplaylists we have already set the sort method and order exactly the way we want them.
This also leads to very odd behaviour in general i.e. when you e.g. sort by date added and change sorting direction to descending and then you move to sort by title the sort order will also be descending. But if you move to sort by rating the sort order will be ascending. Not sure if it's intuitive that the sort order stays the same between different sort methods or if it should be reset to the next sort methods default when switching sort methods (but remember those default when cycling through the sort methods and coming back to one the user already used before).

EDIT2: Just realized that your smartplaylist is working perfectly fine for me when using it as a home menu widget. The sorting is only screwed up (as described above) when I'm looking at the smartplaylist in the video library.

Do you still need me to test sorting by playcount and rating or do you want me to post a bug report on Trac?

Thanks.
I'm pretty sure what the issue is but it's nothing that can be easily fixed without breaking other things. I'll have to see how best to refactor it so that we can keep the functionality that certain sort methods (like playcount and rating) are sorted in reverse (descending) order by default without enforcing this in situations where it's unwanted.

What do you think about remembering the sort order per sort method? Would it make sense to remember that the user sorted the movies in ascending order for title but in descending order for year? Right now if you change the sort order for year to descending and you change to sorting by title it will also be in descending order.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Sort order per sort method certainly makes sense to me.

Just ask if you need any help testing.

Thanks.
(2014-12-15, 22:59)Hitcher Wrote: Sort order per sort method certainly makes sense to me.

Just ask if you need any help testing.

Thanks.

Could you give http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...factor.exe a try? Would also be nice if you could test both the smartplaylist part and the general sorting in GUI listings and report back if the new behaviour is more intuitive or not.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Will do, thanks.

This working perfectly now -
PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Top Rated Movies</name>
    <match>one</match>
    <rule field="rating" operator="is">
        <value>10</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="rating" operator="lessthan">
        <value>10</value>
    </rule>
    <limit>25</limit>
    <order direction="descending">rating</order>
</smartplaylist> 

Will report back on other lists later.
I *think* this might have broke navigation when coming out of a tv show folder from a smart playlist as it happens in the first nightly after the Helix release.

From the home screen I enter a playlist for tv shows; enter any show at either season or episode level; when navigating back to where you should see the tv shows again you instead end up in the folder containing the smart playlists.

Let me know I you need any code for Confluence to test this out.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sort order problem with filling a list from library0