• 18(current)
[MOD] Aeon MQ 5 for Kodi 14 Helix
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or if this is just my specific install however there is a bit of an issue with the "In Progress" widget's % Complete being miss aligned.

If this has already been addressed I do apologize for not digging deep enough.

Thanks
(2014-12-30, 07:30)scott967 Wrote:
(2014-12-26, 23:33)Me-- Wrote: Something else, the RecordPrefs.xml file need to be moded to have correct window working when you add a timer!

Thank you for your job!!!

Julien

I did make some changes, as it was almost impossible to get from the EPG timeline to the top menu to change the view. I will take another look at it. Will also look at the timers from recordings.

scott s.

Note that RecordPrefs.xml and DeleteTimer.xml supplied with this skin are only for client pvr.wmc. If another client needs these files (I think npvr might) you need to get from the client.

scott s.
(2014-12-28, 19:59)cutter Wrote: Hi all,

I need your assistance in getting the appropriate flag on the movie poster indicating that there are extras. I am running Kodi 14 Helix, my skin is Aeon MQ5 Helix 6.1.4 and have installed the latest version (1.1.9) of the VideoExtras plugin directly from within Kodi. Have everything left at default, I have created an extras subfolder called "Extras" within each movie's folder, I have confirmed that the plugin works as it should (I can see and play the extras by going into each movie's information menu), but for the life of me, I can't understand what I must do in order to get the extras flag visible on the movie's poster. Can you please tell me if there's something else I should do? What am I missing here?

I initially posted this on the VideoExtras add-in forum section but they informed me that the add-in is working fine with other skins and that I should post my problem on the Aeon MQ5 forum section since this is a skin problem, not an add-in one.

Guys, anyone? I'd really appreciate your feedback, I'd like to know if there's something I could do, or if I should just forget it in case Aeon MQ5 is incompatible with the VideoExtras plugin.
(2014-12-31, 03:44)Drazzilb Wrote: I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or if this is just my specific install however there is a bit of an issue with the "In Progress" widget's % Complete being miss aligned.

If this has already been addressed I do apologize for not digging deep enough.

Thanks

I think we have similar problems in the same area (post #254). Using "in progress" to view series will have NO "watched" with me.

Hope there will be a solution soon.
Kodi 20.1 with Aeon MQ9, PC with Windows 10, Nvidia shield with latest android
I have installed 6.1.4 on my laptop running windows 8.1 and Kodi 14, all is OK.

I have just upgraded my android box from Gotham and AEON MQ5 to Kodi 14 and Confluence.

My questions are:-

1. Will the same 6.1.4 zip that I installed on my laptop work on my android box?

2. I have read that after installing 6.1.4 on a box previously using Gotham/AEON I have to reset the skin. How do I reset the skin?

I also fell foul of trying to install the downloaded zip rather than the zip within the zip. May I suggest that a note is added to the OP regarding the need to unzip the downloaded zip.
(2014-12-31, 14:06)Jeffers24 Wrote: I have installed 6.1.4 on my laptop running windows 8.1 and Kodi 14, all is OK.

I have just upgraded my android box from Gotham and AEON MQ5 to Kodi 14 and Confluence.

My questions are:-

1. Will the same 6.1.4 zip that I installed on my laptop work on my android box?

Yes. I don't believe any of the addons required nor Aeon MQ5 itself requires anything for any platform.

(2014-12-31, 14:06)Jeffers24 Wrote: 2. I have read that after installing 6.1.4 on a box previously using Gotham/AEON I have to reset the skin. How do I reset the skin?

Note this is if you are "upgrading" the previous Gotham MQ5 skin install. Some menus or submenus may not work properly after upgrading. After installing and switching to MQ5 Helixmod go to "settings/Appearance/Skin and click on "-SETTINGS" to bring up the MQ5 skin settings. Last option on the left is "RESTORE SETTINGS" and then select "REAPPLY SETTINGS". That will replace all your menus with the defaults for MQ5 Helixmod. Another possibility you might try (if you really have extensive customization) is if a menu / submenu doesn't work go into the "customize main menu" and re-create the menu / submenu item (replace this menu with...) and that should fix it.

(2014-12-31, 14:06)Jeffers24 Wrote: I also fell foul of trying to install the downloaded zip rather than the zip within the zip. May I suggest that a note is added to the OP regarding the need to unzip the downloaded zip.

Done.

scott s.
(2014-12-31, 03:44)Drazzilb Wrote: I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or if this is just my specific install however there is a bit of an issue with the "In Progress" widget's % Complete being miss aligned.

Got it. Thanks. will be in 6.1.5.

scott s.
(2014-12-30, 12:36)kwirk Wrote: I'm on Helix with this mod. Updated from Gotham and reset the skin.
Now I havce a problem - don't know if it is me or the skin.
Using TVseries with "in work" (don't know the exact english wording) the last seen episode was not marked as seen. Doing this in the list view, still this last seen episode will be started using "in work". Only a restart will bring the next episode up as next one.
Any help?
PS: please excuse my very bad english

I don't see anything in the skin that affects how tv show episodes that are "watched" are handled. There is an option on top menu to hide watched episode, and to set a "watched" flag if you do not hide them. There is nothing in the skin to show an episode partially watched (in progress with resume).

scott s.
Hi there, on an Android M8 box i experience slower response after installing this MQ5 mod over the original MQ5 skin.... I use helix final and the latest version of the mod 6.1.4
Fom main menu loading your files overview ( I use Panel view) both in movies and music takes as much as 12-15 secs where it normally was about 3-4, also when stopping a movie the screen turns black for that same 10-15secs before showing the main menu again..
i resetted the skin and reapplied my desired settings manually, but with no resolve.
Also some menu items show up black on black when selected..... Can't change it.....

Anyone a clue?
Scott, thanks for quick answers, have applied the install and changes you outlined.

Why is this action recommended:-

1. A folder service.skin.widgets Inside this is a file you must manually move and replace in the Kodi addon "service.skin.widgets" (do this after you install the skin).

What does this small file do, does it only affect this skin or all skins?
For anyone having troubles:

If you install this mq5 mod when the oiginal mq5 is still present and active, it creates problems!
This was in my case when i had mq5 installed but i lost virtual KB after upgrading to Kodi final, which was the reason to install this mq5 helix mod.
I made the misstake to install this skin with the original mq5 still present on the system.
In your list there will be only mq5 mod visible, but when you uninstall the original mq5 re-appears!
So due to some bug(?) the one is installed over the other, not along side the other.

After removing this modded skin and removing original mq5, and re installing this mq5 helix mod all is well again!!!!
All settings that i had done previously were stillavailable, so no issue there.

Hope it helps.
I'm getting a skin unable to load files missing on 6.1.4 how do i go about fixing this ... Helix Final
Hi, I cannot make movie sets logo work. I already installed the correct skin info service script from the first post. In gotham everything worked fine but since I upgrade to helix it doesn't work anymore even if I make a clean installation of kodi

any idea?

thanks in advance!!!
@scott967: Mate can you integrate the changes to the Right List View in this post into 6.1.5 please?
Found possible bugs, not sure if it's skin related or to do with the Skin Widgets module. Using Helix final with Aeon MQ5 Helixmod 6.1.4 and have copied over the service.skin.widgets overwriting the exsisting addon.xml file Smile Tried on Windows install and Openelec 5.0.0

1. Selecting any Movie/TV Show to play via the widget will not create resume points if you stop before the end, if you play the same Movie/TV Show via the Movie/TV Show sections resume points are created.
2. You can no longer select "Play Movie, Play Trailer or Cinema Ex" when choosing movies via the widget section as per screenshot below:
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon MQ 5 for Kodi 14 Helix6