• 26(current)
[MOD] Aeon MQ 5 for Kodi 14 Helix
(2015-01-25, 11:00)Jeffers24 Wrote: Hi ripvision,

Thanks for quick response and works a treat.

I have seen those menus before when I have brought them up by accident, then got out of them quick as they seemed complex and I did not want to screw anything up Confused

Is there an idiots guide, or even a partial one, for this skin?

None that i know of sorry. But there are a few good videos up on youtube like how to customize the main menu http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF2w0Tqddo0 the same uploader has a lot more videos on aeon mq5. For anything else, its better to ask on the forums.
"service.skin.widgets" dose not seem to exist. This is as far as the path will take me
C:\Users\e1HTC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Install it via the addons section under services.

Once installed copy the xml file over to the newly created folder.
Video 
Problem playlist video (film) and Movie Set .. When I go into a collection and return to the main list of the films, I lose my collection .. Basically I view separate films, no longer collected

You see the video to understand better

This problem has appeared since I installed kodi 15 alpha .. how can I fix
This problem has appeared since I installed kodi 15 alpha .. how can I fix

You answered your own question.
This question has been asked before, but somehow it doesn´t work for me.
Its about the right list view for movies. When i install the 6.1.4 Version of the Skin the right list view is on the left, if that makes sense.

A Fix for that was posted earlier and i replaced the old file with the fixed one but then i have the problem the the Movie titles aren´t displayed.
I Hope someone can help me with this Smile

EDIT:

Okay, you probably should restart KODI after replacing files, this did the Trick. Everythings fine now Smile
I can access an Android App by choosing Programs, Android Apps (from a choice of Android Apps, Program Add-ons or Add source), then the App I want to run.

What I would like to do is add an Android App as a sub menu option, but can't figure out how to do it, can anyone advise if this can be done and how if the answer is yes?

When setting up a sub menu option the only choice seems to be to select a Program Add-on.
@ Jeffers24
Add-on:Advanced Launcher
(2015-01-25, 13:39)Mark142 Wrote: Install it via the addons section under services.

Thanks for the help. The widgets addon is installed. I tried to uninstall it to see if I could install it again and a warning came up saying that mq5, along with others use this. I STILL can't find "service.skin.widgets". Am I even looking in the right place? I am trying to find it in the "addon_data" folder. Do I even need to do this? Pleas help
The folder is selected addons. And not add on data. Navigate to . Kodi folder then addons.
(2015-01-26, 08:33)Mark142 Wrote: The folder is selected addons. And not add on data. Navigate to . Kodi folder then addons.

YupBig Grin I feel like such a dolt. Thanks for the help
Im having some trouble getting custom sub menus configured?

The main menu items worked perfect, but when i try and put in sub menus i am unable to change the name or set an action? the actions are all there but when I change the name of select the action it does not seem to apply to the sub menu item?

thoughts?
(2015-01-26, 01:14)KidVulcan Wrote:
(2015-01-25, 13:39)Mark142 Wrote: Install it via the addons section under services.

Thanks for the help. The widgets addon is installed. I tried to uninstall it to see if I could install it again and a warning came up saying that mq5, along with others use this. I STILL can't find "service.skin.widgets". Am I even looking in the right place? I am trying to find it in the "addon_data" folder. Do I even need to do this? Pleas help

(2015-01-26, 08:33)Mark142 Wrote: The folder is selected addons. And not add on data. Navigate to . Kodi folder then addons.

I'm running OpenElec and had to install this skin manually via Samba due to "Dependencies Not Met" error when trying to install the zip - have got the skin 90% working apart from the widgets i.e when looking at the Movies section all I can see is one blank widget that doesn't do anything and not the display of either "Recently Added" or "Random". I followed the instructions I had placed the "service.skin.widgets" folder, included in the skins download in the add-on_data" folder found in the "user_data folder" - there wasn't an existing folder so I just dragged the one from the download package into the relevant folder. Have I got this location in-correct - reading the posts above should this folder containing the xml file be located in the "Addons" folder or even in the "Aeon MQ5-Helix Mod" folder? Am I missing some other step?

Thanks in advance for an help - I really love this skin and mod above all the others but for some reason installing it this time on my system has been one hell of challenge - odd as when I installed it before Christmas it just installed no problems, unfortunately, for other reasons, I had to do a fresh install of the same ROM on my box and applying it this time was more arduous.
(2015-01-26, 18:03)spcdust Wrote:
(2015-01-26, 01:14)KidVulcan Wrote:

I'm running OpenElec and had to install this skin manually via Samba due to "Dependencies Not Met" error when trying to install the zip - have got the skin 90% working apart from the widgets i.e when looking at the Movies section all I can see is one blank widget that doesn't do anything and not the display of either "Recently Added" or "Random". I followed the instructions I had placed the "service.skin.widgets" folder, included in the skins download in the add-on_data" folder found in the "user_data folder" - there wasn't an existing folder so I just dragged the one from the download package into the relevant folder. Have I got this location in-correct - reading the posts above should this folder containing the xml file be located in the "Addons" folder or even in the "Aeon MQ5-Helix Mod" folder? Am I missing some other step?

Thanks in advance for an help - I really love this skin and mod above all the others but for some reason installing it this time on my system has been one hell of challenge - odd as when I installed it before Christmas it just installed no problems, unfortunately, for other reasons, I had to do a fresh install of the same ROM on my box and applying it this time was more arduous.

You made the mistake I originally made. Your only suppose the copy the contents of the service.skin.widgets folder into the existing service.skin.widgets found in the addons folder. the mod is just the .xml file but the original folder contains about 4 files. By copying the whole folder over and overwriting your copying just one file and loosing the others which means the skin does not work correctly.

navigate to the hidden folders called .kodi > addons > this is where the skin is installed and the service.skin.widgets. delete the service skin widget folder from here and the re install via kodi menu get addons > kodi repository> services. once you get it back, copy over the xml file from the mod into the folder in the addons. That should correct the widget issue.

I hope all this makes sense but I have mine working now.
(2015-01-26, 20:09)Mark142 Wrote:
(2015-01-26, 18:03)spcdust Wrote:
(2015-01-26, 01:14)KidVulcan Wrote: Thanks for the help. The widgets addon is installed. I tried to uninstall it to see if I could install it again and a warning came up saying that mq5, along with others use this. I STILL can't find "service.skin.widgets". Am I even looking in the right place? I am trying to find it in the "addon_data" folder. Do I even need to do this? Pleas help

You made the mistake I originally made. Your only suppose the copy the contents of the service.skin.widgets folder into the existing service.skin.widgets found in the addons folder. the mod is just the .xml file but the original folder contains about 4 files. By copying the whole folder over and overwriting your copying just one file and loosing the others which means the skin does not work correctly.

navigate to the hidden folders called .kodi > addons > this is where the skin is installed and the service.skin.widgets. delete the service skin widget folder from here and the re install via kodi menu get addons > kodi repository> services. once you get it back, copy over the xml file from the mod into the folder in the addons. That should correct the widget issue.

I hope all this makes sense but I have mine working now.

Many thanks Mark, that totally sorted it for me. I think because I had to do a manual install the service.skin.widgets folder was never created so I had no point of reference of what should be in there and where it was meant to be. Your explanation was completely clear and got it sorted in a couple of minutes, I really don't think I would have discovered the step of going to the Kodi repository to install the folder without your post so very grateful for your help.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon MQ 5 for Kodi 14 Helix6