• 33(current)
[MOD] Aeon MQ 5 for Kodi 14 Helix
(2015-02-12, 12:31)Lethagized Wrote: Haha, no problem. It is quite tricky. This was me when i first used it

Hahaha, you're right, I do have a long way .....

For now I thank you immensely and still hope to reciprocate ....

Have a nice day and greetings from my heart.

Andrea
(2015-02-11, 10:22)fabd Wrote:
(2015-02-10, 22:07)Livin Wrote: I installed this mod and have one issue...
Extrapack is not 'working' ... when I select any of the theme options (under skin settings) I get no backgrounds at all, black screen only.

I tried the options to delete database and redownload... don't think that is doing anything?

The Extrapack shows installed in ADDONS section, and cannot be uninstalled as it shows required by NOX.

anyone know how to fix or what to look at to troubleshoot?

thx

Did you download the 300 megs file and unzip the content in the skin folder ? (empty by default)

after that, you should be able to switch theme.

thanks, I thought it would have installed with the install of the Addon. Doing it now Smile
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(2015-02-12, 02:53)mzup Wrote: Hi Scott

I think I mentioned this before but since I just upgraded to 6.1.6 I see it still causes an issue. I am using nextpvr as my backend for recording shows. When I go to select to record something then record preferences screen comes up normal, but I am unable to move up or down the list. All I can do is select OK or Cancel. What I have been doing is keeping a copy of the recordprefs.xml file from confluence and overwriting the one your skin installs. Works when I do this, but a nuisance to do this each time.

Otherwise the skin is awesome

Thanks for your work.

I don't have nextpvr working so haven't been able to test (for some reason can't get the backend to communicate). But I did relook at the file and I think I see the navigation problem. Can you test the following (replace the file in the skin 720p folder?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0sgaxtlobfv2al...s.zip?dl=0

scott s.
Hey, I wanna give Helix and this skin mod a shot, but my setup is finally tweaked the way I like it and if Helix doesn't work out and I have to go back and set everything up again I might just kill myself. I was curious if I back up my userdata folder, will I be able to just install Gotham again and restore the backup to have everything back to where it is now?
I would install the backup addon.. use it to do the back up and then play around.
It will backup thumbs and more if you like.

(2015-02-11, 19:27)03397 Wrote:
(2015-02-03, 00:42)scott967 Wrote:
(2015-02-02, 14:24)03397 Wrote: I am using this skin 6.1.5. and after I have upgraded from Gotham to Helix I cannot see next to the addons which are enabled and which are not.
I have reset the skin values but with no effect but I have managed to recreat the problem.
I have installed kodi from scratch Everything works just fine with the initial skin but when I install AEON MQ 6.1.5I still cannot see the addons if they are enabled or not or installed

Anyone can help?

Got it. Thanks. It's another Helix label alignment issue (changed from Gotham). Fixed in 6.1.6.

scott s.

It is fixed in 6.1.6. BUT,,,,

When you go to Video-ADD ons on the wall and you select GRID SIZE - Normal this affects the wall for the TV shows. This was not happening before. You could have wall for TV Shows and Video add ons and each one had its own settings.

Any comments on this...
(2015-02-13, 03:53)scott967 Wrote:

I think I mentioned this before but since I just upgraded to 6.1.6 I see it still causes an issue. I am using nextpvr as my backend for recording shows. When I go to select to record something then record preferences screen comes up normal, but I am unable to move up or down the list. All I can do is select OK or Cancel. What I have been doing is keeping a copy of the recordprefs.xml file from confluence and overwriting the one your skin installs. Works when I do this, but a nuisance to do this each time.

Thanks for your work.

I don't have nextpvr working so haven't been able to test (for some reason can't get the backend to communicate). But I did relook at the file and I think I see the navigation problem. Can you test the following (replace the file in the skin 720p folder?

scott s.

Will try it tonight.
Quote:By default in the EPG timeline when you scroll to the top channel you can navigate up to enable the top menu.

this quote from scott
i can not get to the top menu when im in the epg timeline
im running the Aeon MQ5 Helixmod 6.1.6
(2015-02-13, 10:09)03397 Wrote: It is fixed in 6.1.6. BUT,,,,

When you go to Video-ADD ons on the wall and you select GRID SIZE - Normal this affects the wall for the TV shows. This was not happening before. You could have wall for TV Shows and Video add ons and each one had its own settings.
Any comments on this...

That's because IMHO it was broken in Gotham. In some views video addons would display OK (like wall) but other views (coverflow) didn't display anything for video addons. Kodi treats video addons as a type of video (I assume audio/music addons similarly but haven't checked) while program addons are treated as a separate category (which is why you can have a "programs" menu with its own views). The way the skin is designed, whatever grid size you set for wall view is stored in a single skin setting and used for all video content when using wall view. If you want different grid size for different video types that could be done, but the view top menu is getting more and more complex. I hope Marcos maybe is changing the design in MQ6. If you really want a unique grid size for video addons I can do that, but I just hesitate because logic says you would want that option for all video types, not just video addons.

scott s.
(2015-02-13, 21:26)scott967 Wrote:
(2015-02-13, 10:09)03397 Wrote: It is fixed in 6.1.6. BUT,,,,

Any comments on this...

That's because IMHO it was broken in Gotham. In some views video addons would display OK (like wall) but other views (coverflow) didn't display anything for video addons. Kodi treats video addons as a type of video (I assume audio/music addons similarly but haven't checked) while program addons are treated as a separate category (which is why you can have a "programs" menu with its own views). The way the skin is designed, whatever grid size you set for wall view is stored in a single skin setting and used for all video content when using wall view. If you want different grid size for different video types that could be done, but the view top menu is getting more and more complex. I hope Marcos maybe is changing the design in MQ6. If you really want a unique grid size for video addons I can do that, but I just hesitate because logic says you would want that option for all video types, not just video addons.

scott s.

Scott I understand what you are saying but why the video addons wall view must be the same for wall view under tv series. For video addons I want wall view with grid -size small so that I can see as many addons as possible but under tv series under the show I want wall view with large grid view.

If I am not asking too much It will be a good think to have separate views like it was before. With this we can have the flexibility to have it the same or different.

Please let me know about your decision.

Thanks again for your help and keep up the good work.
So I'm the only one with severe performance issues since updating to 6.1.6? Especially right list is very laggy the text doesn't scroll smooth and the disc doesn't spinn smooth anymore.
It's only laggy for me if I have extra fanart enabled. If I disable extra fanart and change the setting to default fanart then things run a lot faster. Try that.
(2015-02-13, 03:53)scott967 Wrote:

Thanks for your work.

scott s.

That worked perfectly.

Thank you
Apologies but kind of new to this but learning from the knowledge of you guys. Where do i keep track of the latest download of this, I'm going to try it on my openelec HTPC tomorrow as nothing else really does it in 1 shot but this ticks all the boxes for me
Thanks for the great mod!

I was wondering if it was possible to add an option to dim the background on the main menu similar to the options for panels and the main menu nav bar?

If its not possible to add this as an option in the skin, can you tell me wich xml to tweak and what code to use to manually change the transparency of the backgrounds?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon MQ 5 for Kodi 14 Helix6