• 6(current)
Bluetooth Amazon FireTV Stick Remote
Oh, it's a shame really..) Does it indeed needs several clicks instead only two of them at most (maybe press, then wait before second press)? I suppose your PC was awake while you was testing..
Hi all
I desperately try to connect my Fire TV remote to my Kodi installation. Never the less it works with:
hidd --connect A0:02Big GrinC:EC:YY:XX

But i want to have a permanent connection and I'm searching and searching and trying without success.

Could somebody point out a solution for me?

I'm running Kodibuntu 15.1 on Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS.

Thanks
Michael
I'm having the same problem here. When I restart Kodi, it won't reconnect. I have to go to openelec/bluetooth/connect using my tv remote in order to connect FTV stick. Tried previous methods but no luck. Running Kodi 15.1/ openelec/ RPI 2. Thanks .
I'm having trouble connecting my remotes to a Mac running Kodi. Similar to those having trouble with Windows installations, the only buttons that are working are the navigation buttons (top) and the Play/Pause button at the bottom. The other 5 bottom buttons do not work -- back, home, menu, rewind, and fast forward. When trying multiple key event catchers, nothing is seen for these five buttons, so no command is getting to the mac as far as I can tell (and therefore can't be mapped).

I've tried both a FireTV remote and a FireTV stick remote, but both behave he same way.

Anyone have any ideas?
Everytime I start up my chromebox, even from just sleep mode, my remote is not connected anymore. I have to delete my Bluetooth Amazon Fire TV Stick Remote, put the remote into detection mode, and then re-install it in order to use the remote. I have a keyboard attached permanently as a result of this issue. Can anyone help me with getting the unit to sleep, and have it wake up with via my remote, and not lose the connection while its sleeping? Anybody else have this issue?
Will this remote work on SATV?
So glad I found this, since I couldn't get my FTV remote to work with Openelec. Isn't there an easier way to do this? I mean Whiterats guide is simple but the Fire TV Stick remote works out of the box on OSMC but I'm not sure why.
(2015-08-29, 00:16)maratonomak Wrote: I'm having the same problem here. When I restart Kodi, it won't reconnect. I have to go to openelec/bluetooth/connect using my tv remote in order to connect FTV stick. Tried previous methods but no luck. Running Kodi 15.1/ openelec/ RPI 2. Thanks .

I too am having the same problem. It pairs fine and controls kodi fine till I reboot, then I have to go to the Bluetooth settings to connect it manually. Running version 16 beta 3
Anyone have any idea how to get a replacement remote shipped to Canada? Not having any luck for shipping to Canada let alone for a relatively good price.
Can anyone explain to me how I can map the Fire TV Stick Hamburger button to display CodecInfo when I play something?
for some reason, the

-option (hamburger)
-fast-forward
-rewind
-play/pause

buttons won't work for me in kodi (ubuntu box). they work fine within other applications, however kodi doesnt seem to recognize any actions. I already tried manually adding one of the suggested keymaps, or assigning actions with the keymap editor (no response when pressing those buttons).

any idea?
I have a Fire Stick remote and it will pair up to my raspberry Pi 3 and says connected in Kodi but none of the buttons work. Any ideas?
I just purchased a pi3 and a FireTV Voice Remote but I can not get the FireTV Voice Remote to show up in the Bluetooth Pairing Screen in Openelec. Before you send me off to Openelec to ask for help I can't seem to get the FireTV Voice Remote to show up in Bluetooth pairing screen on any other Bluetooth devices that I have either. I have confirmed that the remote will pair with an actual Amazon FireTV player so I know the remote is not bad.

Does anyone know if something was changed with the replacement Amazon FireTV remotes so that they can no longer pair with non-FireTV devices?

I would really appreciate any input that anyone might be able to give.
Well, I finally found what I was looking for. Apparently the new FireTV replacement remotes use WiFi Direct instead of Bluetooth to Pair. Damn! I guess the days of using FireTV remotes has come to an end. See this article.
I was able to find the "Fire TV Stick Remote" on eBay. Hopefully, it will work as expected. I will report back in a week once it gets here.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluetooth Amazon FireTV Stick Remote2