[XBMCSubtitles] Subtitles API question from add-on maintainer
Hi all,

My question is related to the popup window that gets shown when the user selects the Dowload option from the Subtitles menu in the Player (Confluence skin).

I'm interested in knowing if it is possible to customize the layout of the main panel of such popup window. i.e.:

* Remove columns, add new ones.
* Set the width of columns.
* Allow the user to sort the grid of found subtitles by a column.
* Change the size of the whole popup so it gets bigger.

My use case is related to the service.subtitles.subdivx add-on I maintain.

Subdivx.com is a website fully dedicated to Spanish language subtitles. So I'd like to completely remove two columns from the grid:

* The one with the language name
* The one with the flag

Because in our case all rows will have the 'Spanish' label and the Spanish flag respectively. They aren't useful at all and even more, they distract and make the window look too 'heavy'.

So far, I've replaced the former with the nick of the Subdivx.com member that uploaded the subtitle, which in our case is a much useful piece of information.

I'm also removing the flag column but all I've managed to do is to remove the flag by setting the thumbnailImage value to ''. This isn't optimal as the column is still there with no content. I'd like to actually remove it and so take advantage of the valuable screen space it's wasting, This way, e.g. the description of the subtitle (which we show in the 'filename' column) and the new nick columns don't get scrolled (or scroll less) horizontally.

I'd like to add a 'date of upload column (day+month+year or maybe month+year) and who knows maybe a movie release date as parsed from the subtitle name/description so the user can be sure he/she is looking at a subtitle that actually matches the movie he/she is watching.

Useful user-controlled sorting criteria in this window could be the rating and/or sync flag.

Thnaks for any hint or pointer.

Regards,
short of modifying core, no changes can be made to the window/column contents.
tnuc: Thanks for the reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCSubtitles] Subtitles API question from add-on maintainer0